IMDb > Little Nicky (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Little Nicky

Little Nicky More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 24: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Eh

Author: FunnyMann from Los Angeles
27 September 2001

OK, here's what I don't get: Why do people who don't like Sandler keep coming back for more? Like what do you think, one day he's gonna show up and be Anthony Hopkins? Not bloodly likely.

That said, this is not a good Sandler outing. I can't see how or why a comedy should ever cost $80 million, but if it does, it should be better than this. And I'm in the damn thing in one of the crowd scenes.

Everyone has misfires. This is Sandler's. It's not a total waste of time, but it's dumb enough that it makes Sandler's other fare seem kinda smart. If that doesn't deter you...happy viewing.

Yawn! please, give us something new

Author: sunflowr from United States
25 August 2001

The only reason I rented this movie was because of Mr. Beefy. Yes, I am a bulldog owner, and Nigel watched this movie right next to me. For a minute. Then he had to go pee & didn't want to come back inside. I don't blame him - he can smell a bad movie better than any dog.

I usually avoid Adam Sandler movies because he overuses the toiletbowl humor. This is the first time I ever paid to see one (I usually just catch them on cable), & Sandler truly did not disappoint me -- I doubt I will ever go out of my way to spend money on one of his films again.

This movie is no doubt a favorite of people who still laugh at fart jokes. Or maybe if you're a 11-16 year old boy. Ooooh...boobies! Big deal. How many times are they going to use that gimmick?

Would you believe I even fell asleep during this movie? Luckily, I woke up in time to see Ozzy Osbourne -- another fellow bulldog owner. :)

I really didn't want to like this movie but...

Author: da cissy pimp from Adelaide, Australia
22 August 2001

Warning: contains spoilers (probably)

I must admit that, five minutes into this movie, I found myself really not wanting to like it: mainly because, when it comes to the subject of hell (at least as this place has traditionally been imagined), I have probably less of a sense of humour than Alfred Rosenberg - the virulently anti-Christian "philosopher" of the Nazi party - no doubt had. I personally find the whole concept of eternal damnation repellent (and am staggered that, even in the scientifically-advanced age in which we live, so many people still believe that hell not only exists, but is also this big fiery pit under the ground), and was therefore less than amused by the way that this movie begins with a guy being condemned to eternal torment in Satan's barbecue (and for nothing more than a bit of voyeurism at that). The gag involving Adolf Hitler and a pineapple was also pretty tired, I thought.

However! As this movie progressed, I found myself (literally against my will) finding it very, very funny. How can you hate a movie, after all, that features such on-screen gems as the world's ugliest transvestite (more horrible than even the ghastliest tortures that a son of Satan can think up); not one but two scenes in which Henry Winkler gets attacked by swarms of bees; and a scene which has Ozzy Osbourne playing a pivotal role in saving the world from the forces of darkness? And as for that scene right at the end where those two metalheads find everlasting happiness in hell: that moved me so much I almost cried.

In addition to containing some fine comic moments, this film features some pretty cool characters. The aforementioned metalheads were among my favourites, as was Satan's son Adrian. Played by Rhys Ifans (who seems to have been cast as a complete prick in everything in which I have seen him of late), this character has a certain pleasing androgyny (sort of reminds me of all those '70s glam rock stars) and an English accent that proves devilishly charming.

Funny and well done

Author: bopeder from Västerås, Sweden
13 August 2001

This movie is metal... I like almost everything about it, except that Nicky himself could have done without the "face" and the "voice".

The dog is too cool, and Ozzy is god (as we have always known).

See it! 8/10...

Was I The Only One Who Liked This Movie

Author: Chris Collins (collinc@netsolve.net) from Austin, TX
27 July 2001

I never saw this on big screen, but I wish I did. The trailer did no justice for this movie. This ranks 2nd on my Adam Sandler movie list.(Next to Bid Daddy.) The movie should have been sponsered by Kraft.(because it's cheesey), But after watching it, I walked around all day saying," Hi Friend, I'm Nicky." I liked this movie alot, But I'm an Adam Sandler fan..

My Friends and I now want to go to confession...

Author: Kat (runway_q@hotmail.com) from Washington State
27 July 2001

that's what the three of us said after finishing this film. Heck, I said it after the first 10 minutes.

Little Nicky is absolutely one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life!!! Holy Lord, forgive me for seeing this corrupt, deranged garbage! YIKES!! I do not recommend this movie if you have taste in comedy, and don't see it even if you like Adam Sandler (which I do). I am ashamed at all the other actors that were in the cast too. Well that's all for me... I must go and say my penance.

Forgive the shortcomings of this comment but....

Author: evilearthwormjim from Ireland
25 July 2001

They are as multiple and as henous as this film

First of all I am a big Sandler fan. I laughed my arse off during the waterboy and I can quite easily overlook some of the not-so-funny things Sandler does in his films

BUT this film is crap. CRAP!!

Sandlers put-on voice during this film is the most grating thing. It just bugs me and others.

Well, what about the story, after 10 mins I really didn't care what happened. But I sat through the whole thing and cringed. I think I may have laughed once. And not very hard. This is just annoying tripe and I have classified it as one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

However this WILL appeal to kids between 5-10. It's the kinda film you'd put on at a kids party and They'd enjoy it for about 45-65mins until a dog runs past the window and attract their attention elsewhere.

Totally Fabulous...

Author: Connie (kuddells@cs.com) from Glen Burnie, Maryland
12 July 2001

I really enjoyed this movie. I watched it about 25 times in a week. Then my boyfriend and I went and purchased the movie. I hope you like it too.

Connie J.

Much Better than I thought

Author: Vickie (sunflwr42@hotmail.com) from Vancouver, British Columbia
3 July 2001

When I first saw the previews for this movie I thought that there would be no way in hell I would ever watch it....but my boyfriend wanted to see it when it came out on video and we both thought it was very funny. I was very pleasantly suprised. If you have a warped sense of humour...you might want to give this one a try. It was a good laugh.

What? No Oscars??

Author: DTA from Auburn Hills, MI
2 July 2001

Once again Adam Sandler continues his legacy of Oscar quality drama and high quality entertainment with another top notch film about a pathetic loser who realizes his potential and rises to the top despite overwhelming circumstances. Audiences will be thrilled to tears with the excellent timing and delivery given by Mr. Beefy the bulldog. Bring a tissue to this one folks.