The young blacksmith Siegfried, who, not knowing that he is heir to a conquered kingdom, becomes popular with the Burgunds by slaying their bane, the dragon Fafnir. When the reward seems to... See full summary »
Japan, 2077: A female agent named Vexille is dispatched to Tokyo to investigate whether Japanese are developing robotic technology, which has been banned by the U.N. due to its potential threat to humankind.
A squad of Ultramarines answer a distress call from an Imperial Shrine World. A full Company of Imperial Fists was stationed there, but there is no answer from them. The squad investigates to find out what has happened there.
The battle with the White Comet Empire, Yamato finally returns to Earth to obtain more members and be inspected for repairs. When he returns to his home planet, Desler, but instead he finds... See full summary »
In 2977, mankind has space colonies, machines do all the work and everyone just wants to have fun. When deadly plant-based aliens that look like women attack the Earth in order to colonize it, only one rogue captain can stop them.
In a utopian society created at the end of the third world war, a female warrior who has been plucked from the badlands begins to see cracks in this new facade. And what does this community have planned for the rest of humankind?
The worst thing about this set of animations is that it is incredibly dated. But there are other things that add to its low interest rate:
1) the story is thinly based on an ingot of gold holding the universe together and controls the universe - yes, an ingot of gold = weak at best
2) i always thought that casting for voice was easy... this bad attempt made me realize that it is not. the male voice actors all sound like salesmen and detached from their characters. i really don't like hearing them speak. the female voice actors all sound the same...
3) the pirate logo (skull and cross bones) in outer space does not work in this case.
4) the script is so simplistic that a 3 year old would have no trouble enjoying this
5) much of it is slow and plodding
6) my guess is that for its day this was a great flick (series of 6 TV episodes called "The Rhein Gold") but since it's 2007, it falls flat on its face.
7) children have a major role in this flick ... clearly a "for children only" flick - at best.
It should only be shown in anime' classes for students of such interest.
my faith: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/
2 of 11 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?