The story revolves around a race that seeks to dominate the galaxy. A lone mysterious female warrior, known to others as Emeraldas sails the endless planets of the universe- in her Seas of ... See full summary »
When Aliens conquer earth and enslave the human race, all hope for freedom is abandoned. But one man will not give up. Captain Harlock, A brave space pilot, leads the resistance and vows to... See full summary »
Follows the routines of those employed at Studio Ghibli, including filmmakers Hayao Miyazaki, Isao Takahata, and Toshio Suzuki as they work to release two films simultaneously, The Wind Rises and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya.
The young blacksmith Siegfried, who, not knowing that he is heir to a conquered kingdom, becomes popular with the Burgunds by slaying their bane, the dragon Fafnir. When the reward seems to... See full summary »
During the One Year War of UC 0079, A young Earth Federation Lieutenant named Shiro Amada is sent to Earth to lead a squadron of Gundam mobile suits in Southeast Asia to fight the Duchy of ... See full summary »
Flash Back 2012 is Minmay's farewell concert. Featuring some of her best songs, the music is performed over various scenes and events taken from the first Macross television series as well ... See full summary »
The worst thing about this set of animations is that it is incredibly dated. But there are other things that add to its low interest rate:
1) the story is thinly based on an ingot of gold holding the universe together and controls the universe - yes, an ingot of gold = weak at best
2) i always thought that casting for voice was easy... this bad attempt made me realize that it is not. the male voice actors all sound like salesmen and detached from their characters. i really don't like hearing them speak. the female voice actors all sound the same...
3) the pirate logo (skull and cross bones) in outer space does not work in this case.
4) the script is so simplistic that a 3 year old would have no trouble enjoying this
5) much of it is slow and plodding
6) my guess is that for its day this was a great flick (series of 6 TV episodes called "The Rhein Gold") but since it's 2007, it falls flat on its face.
7) children have a major role in this flick ... clearly a "for children only" flick - at best.
It should only be shown in anime' classes for students of such interest.
my faith: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/
2 of 12 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?