In 2977, mankind has space colonies, machines do all the work and everyone just wants to have fun. When deadly plant-based aliens that look like women attack the Earth in order to colonize it, only one rogue captain can stop them.
When Aliens conquer earth and enslave the human race, all hope for freedom is abandoned. But one man will not give up. Captain Harlock, A brave space pilot, leads the resistance and vows to... See full summary »
The series begins when aliens from the planet Oniboshi invade Earth. They agree to leave only if Earth's champion can defeat the Oni champion in a game of tag within a ten-day time limit. ... See full summary »
The worst thing about this set of animations is that it is incredibly dated. But there are other things that add to its low interest rate:
1) the story is thinly based on an ingot of gold holding the universe together and controls the universe - yes, an ingot of gold = weak at best
2) i always thought that casting for voice was easy... this bad attempt made me realize that it is not. the male voice actors all sound like salesmen and detached from their characters. i really don't like hearing them speak. the female voice actors all sound the same...
3) the pirate logo (skull and cross bones) in outer space does not work in this case.
4) the script is so simplistic that a 3 year old would have no trouble enjoying this
5) much of it is slow and plodding
6) my guess is that for its day this was a great flick (series of 6 TV episodes called "The Rhein Gold") but since it's 2007, it falls flat on its face.
7) children have a major role in this flick ... clearly a "for children only" flick - at best.
It should only be shown in anime' classes for students of such interest.
my faith: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/
2 of 12 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?