IMDb > "Sons of Thunder" (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Sons of Thunder" More at IMDbPro »

The best show not to appear in the fall lineup.

Author: Lill from Vancouver, Canada
20 October 1999

After watching the "Sons Of Thunder" on Walker, Texas Ranger for close to two seasons, I was looking forward to finally seeing them on their own. The six show teaser CBS put out was fantastic, and a sure hit for the fall line up. The show did not appear in the line up, though.

This show was great, and had all the elements of an enjoyable family show. Sure, it was a little violent at times, but then again so are afternoon cartoons. Sons Of Thunder showed that friendship counts more than getting ahead in the world, and good guys always win. It never preached like some other shows did.

All and all, a great show.....greatly deserving of a place in any lineup.

BRING SOT BACK ON THE AIR!

Author: mrybthgo from Show Low, Az
6 November 2004

Why in the world did CBS take SOT off the air? The show was action packed and I really enjoyed it very much.I say bring SOT back on the air right now! I especially liked Jimmy Wlcek as Trent Malloy because he really knew how to fight and because he was a good actor in this show.Sure the show was kind of violent,but WHO CARES! Jimmy and Marco played a good part in WTR also. I also think that they should put WTR back on the air.SOT made Saturdays more enjoyable for nearly everybody that was fans of WTR.Bring SOT back! I wished that Hallmark would put it on the air or some other broadcasting company besides CBS.I think that Marcos and Jimmy should make a new TV show that has a lot more action than any of these shows they have on now.

This show is action-packed, yet shows decent moral standards.

Author: Teresa (khita@yahoo.com) from Wasilla, Alaska
3 August 1999

It is nice to see a TV show that offers younger viewers the high-paced action that they like, while still showing decency and compassion. The kids like the show for the martial arts and hand-to-hand combat, while the parents like it because the message of the show is to lead a good life, be a decent person, and care for your fellow man.

This show was the best, why did it have to be taken off?! It was action paked and it talked about real life events and how to help! BRING BACK SOT!

Author: Jennifer Danielle Pennington (trentmalloys_sidekick@hotmail.com) from Oklahoma City
11 February 2000

Sons Of Thunder is kind of violent.....so is Walker, Texas Ranger. BIG DEAL! Sons Of Thunder was doing so good and had great ratings and when it didn't come back for the fall line-up I was mad. CBS has taken off GREAT shows and put on some BORING ones. Yes, sons of thunder was a GREAT show and it had no right to be taken off the air JUST like that. It's totally like The Magnificent Seven....heck will you just bring those two shows back. I miss them. VOTE FOR SONS OF THUNDER AND THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!!!

Great Show

Author: Dee412 (germano59@aol.com) from Rochester, New York USA
2 March 2000

I thought this was a great show and cannot figure out why it's not still on. It had something for everyone of all ages, and I liked the action and I like bringing back the idea, that good wins over bad. I think it showed a way for the little guy, who gets sand kicked in his face, that there is something they can learn, that will help them out with the town bully!

Good? Nah...

Author: amag81 from Norway
21 November 2000

Ok, what's the deal with the slow motion fighting scenes? It ruins the whole thing! I was never a Chuck Norris fan to begin with either, so i watched a couple of episodes, but could never get myself to like this one... Give me "Martial Law" any day, at least its funny!

Saw and Thought was awful

Author: mts14inny from United States
27 December 2004

I saw the Sons of Thunder promo TV movie years ago and thought it was absolutely awful. Completely over acted and predictable. Reminded me of a bad 70's Television night time drama like MacMillan and Wife or Sheriff Lobo. I'm so glad this never was made into a series. Awful!!!! What Does Jimmy Wlcek do for a living now. I see he's done very little acting since SOT. Why no picture on the website for IMDb? I like Wlcek as an actor anyone know why he never made it big? Could it be just no luck or bad choices. Is there going to be another Walker Texas Ranger series? Chuck Norris was exceptional and seems like a good person. I see him hawking these work out machines on paid advertising lately. Is that all he does today?