IMDb > "Family Guy" (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Family Guy"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Family Guy" More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 60: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

i love this terrific show

Author: revital_tubul from Israel
17 July 2014

i like it it makes me laugh a lot its the best cartoon show ever more then the Simpson's it has the best funny lines i love the characters its a typical American family no? every episode its a new surprise ,funny in their own way, 12 seasons best one i am very sad that is over i wish it continued more. i don't find any other best comedy TV show to see i want family guy to back again i repeat!! all the best t.v show has over, as the sopranos, lost, prison break and more that i don't even remember. today i don't find other TV show that it good to see,nothing interested me. so for now i see my favorite TV shows in my laptop. i am very proud of Israel of two best shows that very succeed in U.S i don't know the English name of "ramzor" and homeland.

A really funny show that always cracks u up

Author: hamzehtk from United States
8 July 2014

Even though this show is vulgar, we all can't help but to crack up while watching it. They keep on shocking us with the events & episodes, not to mention how daring they are. Honestly, sometimes I don't knowvif this shoe is corrupting or good for us, for how much it makes us laugh. However , Ui think it's probably both, because the idea of showing such a daring and inappropriate show in a form of cartoon is actually so creative and inventive, as well as a new idea. Still, I really don't recommend it to people under 13 because of vulgar use of language and some inappropriate scenes, but who listen? They all watch it to laugh anyway LOL.

Only 5 seasons good

Author: philmmaster from Australia
2 June 2013

OK I'm a huge fan of the first 5 seasons, but after that I cringe with absolute disgust. Seth was going pretty good until he got lazy and pathetic with so called reality he so humbly describes his satire/ real life work. You might find one good joke every 4 episodes, but it's a lot less then what Seth could poo out every episode. The only good quality left is Stewie, he is the only character left that I might chuckle at, everyone else (yes including Peter) is an absolute embarrassment to the senses. I'm sorry if Seth chooses gross out gags over smart satirical gags to appease to the huddle masses of Generation Y. Yes I gave it a 8/10 that's how good the first 5 seasons were, the rest is just pig vomit that a once funny guy now finds acceptable.

Great Show

Author: Sabrz from United States
25 April 2009

Family Guy is a hilarious show. There isn't much that can be said about it. The show is very well written and provides comedy in many forms the most common being the cutaway gags. The show focuses on the main characters and what happens to them rather then base the comedy on current people or events.

Critics do not like the use of Family Guy's gags and feel it goes over the line in what they joke about. However that is what makes the show funny is they do not hold back in fear of offending someone. Usually if someone is offended, something funny has occurred.

Overall Family Guy is a funny show that should be praised for its comedic genius. It is a comedy show and it delivers in that aspect.

Satirical mirror of society

Author: hrcrazzy from United States
15 December 2008

If Family Guy offends you or you simply don't get the humor, unfortunately this show is making fun of you and the masses of overly religious, dull, and politically correct people in America. So put your morals aside and have fun with this show. FG is a hilarious mind opener on the reality of today's society. Whoever said this show is for a young immature audience is very mistaken. With all the references to old movies and politics 10-80 years ago, I couldn't imagine any young immature kid finding this funny. Family Guy is definitely for a mature open-minded audience who are not afraid to criticize American society. Hats off to Seth and the whole crew who were able to make this show happen.

SO much better than the Simpson's

Author: Gary Talbot from Bexleyheath, London
24 October 2008

Family Guy is the funniest cartoon ever. It's the only programme that makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it. Peter Griffin is the most hilarious character in any TV series.

Family Guy is better than the Simpson's's because it is much funnier. The Simpson's's ran out of ideas years ago, Family Guy is still fresh.

I love how random this show is. I love the fact that Brian is a talking dog, yet none of the other characters think this is odd.

My favourite character is Stewie. I've never been sure if the others can understand him, but that's all part of the humour. I love his attempts to take over the world.

Family Guy should be prescribed by doctors for anyone who is depressed. If you don't laugh at it then you must have chronic depression.

It is easy to see why it is so popular.

Author: Golden_Joe from United States
4 July 2008

Despite the criticism that it received(about the voices, themes and the simplicity of the animation), I think that "Family Guy" deserves all the popularity that it has.

It is true that at first sight it seems to be a clone of the Simpsons, but the style and the humor is quite different and quite effective too. The cultural references are effective, and shocking sometimes (That is what makes the show funny) and about the animation, I think that it fits very well with the style of the show. And the complaints concerning taste and indecency are exaggerated: It is true that the show has violence and sexual jokes, but it was never intended to children. There are many shows that are more offensive and explicit and that don't receive the same criticism ( Like, by example "Drawn Together")

Even when the humor isn't "sophisticated" it doesn't makes it stupid or puerile. It is just the style of the show. With it good and bad things " Family Guy " is a very good show.Not the best, but good.

Easily the funniest show on television.

Author: rcdugan95 from United States
18 June 2008

Family Guy is no doubt the best show on television. There is no TV show that can compare to the comedy of Family Guy. What I like best about Family Guy is it just keeps going uphill. Unlike South Park. There new episodes really just keep on getting better and better. If you want to laugh watching TV, I would recommend watching this show! The Griffins! Peter, the big lovable oaf who always says what's on his mind. Lois, the doting mother who can't figure out why her baby son is trying to kill her. Meg, the teen drama queen who is constantly embarrassed by her family. Chris, the beefy 13-year old who wouldn't hurt a fly, unless it landed on his hot dog! Stewie, the maniacal one-year old bent on world domination. And Brian, the sarcastic dog wit a wit as dry as the martinis he drinks. The animated adventures of this outrageous family will have your family laughing out loud! 10 out of 10!

One of my favorite shows

Author: ilovekittiesdotcom from United States
27 May 2008

I love this show, just love it. The funniest characters have to be Peter with his stupidity, and Stewie with his homicidal rage. If you haven't seen it yet the Stewie part might not sound funny to you, but believe me, it is. In the second group I put Lois with her wild streak, Chris with the same amount of idiocy as his father, Peter , and Brian, a talking dog who is an alcoholic. The third group would be Meg, though she is intentionally supposed to be unfunny, she does have some moments. Sometimes I think she inherited some of her father's hilarious (I know I didn't spell that right) stupidity, like when she had a job on the sex phone line and seemed oblivious that she was talking to her father (he didn't know either). All in all, a wonderful show!!!

Best Animated Comedy on Television Today!

Author: LeninzTomb from SF
26 March 2008

"Family Guy" has given countless viewers loads of laughs! The show has enthralled me since it first aired in January of 1999. The simple fact that this is only one of two animated shows (alongside "Futurama") resurrected by the fans after it was initially cancelled in 2002 pays testament to the fact that this show is hysterical!

Too often, "Family Guy" is pushed aside as a plagiarism of "The Simpsons," and that its humor is annoying since many of the jokes are tangents which have no relevance to the plot. The counterargument I present to the accusation of plagiarism involves a "Simpsons" episode. In "Treehouse of Horror VII: The Genesis Tub," it can clearly be seen that the Simpsons is plagiarizing a "Twilight Zone" episode called "The Little People." This isn't the only instance of "Twilight Zone" references in "The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror," but it was highlighted by a "South Park" episode called "The Simpsons Already Did It." Which brings me to my next counterargument about the humor of "Family Guy." To quote Mr. Seth MacFarlane (the creator of "Family Guy") when he spoke at the Harvard Class Day Speech in 2006: "The boys at 'South Park' are absolutely correct. Those cutaways and flashbacks have nothing to do with the story. They're just there to be funny. That is a shallow indulgence that 'South Park' is quite above, and for that I salute them." This is an accurate observation considering how the quality of "South Park" episodes has declined recently. Just relax and learn how to enjoy a joke, however it is delivered. It doesn't matter what the joke is, but what counts is how you construct it! These tangents the show often utilizes are creative and laugh-out-loud funny! I find myself often out of air from the irreverent jokes and unique style in which they are presented.

In short, "Family Guy" gets written off too often by critics and viewers alike. While the tangents which have no relevance to the plot are the most famous (the 'Giant Chicken' gag comes to mind), "Family Guy" often times uses the same kind of toilet humor as found in "South Park." The simple fact is that this show garners such a loyal fan base that it was brought back from the proverbial grave by DVD sales shows that this show is here to stay and deserves recognition as one of the best, if not the best program on television today.