IMDb > "Bookmice" (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Bookmice" More at IMDbPro »

A memorable show for kids

Author: Electrified_Voltage from Guelph, Ontario, Canada
18 June 2007

I was five years old (or close to it) when "Bookmice" was first on. I don't know if I saw it right when it premiered, but if not, I first saw it probably just shortly afterwards. I also remember still watching the show regularly several years later. It was one of many kids shows that I watched on TVO during my childhood in the 1990s, so it's obviously been a while since I last saw it, but it has still left me with many positive memories!

The main characters in this TVO kids' series were three puppet mice who lived behind the wall in a library, and didn't always get along. Their names were Zazi, Norbert, and Leon. They made friends with certain kids who regularly came to the library, but always had to make sure that no librarian was ever aware of their presence in the building! The mice were often visited by the Wiz of Wonder, a wizard who was a friend of theirs, and eventually started working in the library in disguise, going by the name Mr. Flower. There was also a puppet feline in the show named Exit, who often caused trouble in the lives of the mice while he was around. Zazi, Norbert, and Leon often encountered some other interesting visitors as well.

For kids, this show could be very entertaining, with its magic, stories, adventures, etc. Another merit of the show was that it was an educational series, with life lessons. "Bookmice" certainly wasn't one of the most popular shows that I watched as a kid, but for those who were kids in the 1990s and had the pleasure of watching it, it's still a very memorable one! I don't know if there's any way that any episodes of the show can be seen now, but if there is, I'm sure that it could be as entertaining for kids today as it was for kids in the '90s!