IMDb > The Best of John Candy on SCTV (1996) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Best of John Candy on SCTV (TV) More at IMDbPro »

The Greatest video of the greatest man to ever walk amongst us

Author: thebishop2 from Heaven above
19 October 2000

Truly the best of John Candy.

This compilation is packed full of John's best and funniest moments on Earth.

The man gave his heart and soul here. If you're a fan, and have never seen this, buy it now. Don't wait. You'll never regret owning this video. It has the Shmengies, Hey Yorgi, Johnnie LaRue and the rest of the best. It's the best example of how funny this man really was.

You may have seen him in a lot of films, but you never really saw him all out. I may be his number one fan ever, at least I think I am, and until I saw this, I thought I'd seen it all.

I only wish I'd gotten to meet him. That would have been the only thing that would have beat this. I miss that man.....amen. God Bless you John!!!

Not really worth it

Author: ScotchTape01 from Chicago
29 September 2003

Unfortunately, the days of SCTV passed before I was old enough to enjoy them. I'm a huge fan of John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, Joe Flaherty, Eugene Levy, and the others - but this collection of sketches and clips is so chopped up and random that it doesn't make any sense, especially to a new viewer!! It has a few laughs, but either it's solely intended for longtime fans of the series, or whoever produced this made a lot of mistakes. If you find it in the video store or on amazon.com for less than a dollar, go for it...that's really all it's worth. What a shame...it could have been great.

Like SCTV?

Author: Bigmoose from Cleveland Tx.
13 June 1999

If you answered yes... stay the heck away from this garbage. I know there aren't many places to turn to for all the SCTV fans out there so this could be a good alternative, but this is terrible, the sketches are hacked into little pieces, which could be considered a good thing but... THESE ARE SKETCHES THAT MOST SCTV FANS WANT TO FORGET. Shame on NBC for releasing such garbage.