IMDb > "Hammerman" (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Hammerman" More at IMDbPro »

One of those childhood memories you never want to see resurface.

Author: La Gremlin from Boston, MA
29 July 2001

The millisecond I saw an episode of "Hammerman" on video for sale at Buck-A-Book (my favorite hunting ground for cheesy cartoons nobody else seems to remember; this isn't a plug, just a Public Service Announcement) I knew there was no way it wasn't going to end up coming home with me. Now, since I'm the first person to comment on this cartoon, and I always feel sad thinking about our dear Stanley Kirk Barrel's career, I'll be very NICE here.

The animation isn't all *that* bad. It might be cheap and choppy, but it also looks a lot like graffiti art, so it matches the old-school rap theme. And you'd be hard-pressed to find a purer form of cheese.

And, well, those are the only NICE things I have to say about "Hammerman", so I'll stop here. Those singing twin ladies might just be my new heroines, though.

I can't believe I remember this show

Author: edmundmuskie from America
6 February 2004

Hammuh-MAN Hammuh, Hammuh-MAN Hammuh, well I loved this show when I was a kid, I really did not like it then, but I loved MC Hammer, and I loved this show. The plots were not very good, but the music (for the time) was excellent, but I loved MC Hammer, I even liked his second album, Too Legit to Quit. There was no love lost when this show was cancelled but I still loved it for the time, after all I was only 10 years old.

In this show a man that strangely resembled James Brown gave unassuming Stanley Burrell (MC Hammer's name in real life) a pair of ‘Magical Shoes, by a Hip-Hop Motown dude, together they had power that stood up for the right, and when he got in trouble they would give him all their might.And all of the evil would be stopped by this man and that's how Stanley became Hammuh-MAN'

I can't believe I remember that song, but that was the theme. The villains were cheesy and the show was predictable, and while I thought it was pretty good there was only a little love lost when it was cancelled, but like the career of MC Hammer this show left the spotlight with little fanfare. Even as a Saturday Morning cartoons go this was not very good. This is good mostly as a silly novelty show, and should you ever get the chance to watch it that is all you should take it as.

This show if I remember came on around 12:00 on ABC. I looked so forward to the show, and this was an attempt by ABC to revamp it's Saturday Morning Schedule after Ghostbusters and a few other shows were no longer on the air or producing the results as they once did. Obviously it did not work. The networks are tending not to produce cartoons for Saturday mornings anymore, and with cartoons at this level of quality it is easy to see why. Basically you should watch this cartoon two or three times just for the fun of it.

A Childhood memory I'd like to forget.

Author: dootuss from PA
11 July 2004

I remember seeing this show on Saturday Mornings on ABC back in the early 90's. I actually liked the show then, but I later realized how bad it was. It was a cartoon starring MC Hammer who became a super hero. I think he became his superhero identity when he hit his shoes together or something. I also recall he wore the trademark Parachute pants when he was Hammerman. It was a riduculous premise, and all in all, the show was stupid altogether. Thankfully, ABC canned it in its first season, never to be seen again. As much as I liked Hammer back in the day(like everyone else), this show certainly wasn't contributive to his career. But then again, we all know where his career went after awhile. 0/10

They sure don't make them like "Hammerman" anymore

Author: Matt Gallagher (wackymatty) from Pittsburgh, PA
29 April 2003

In today's world of giant robots slaying mutant roaches with mysterious ray guns, people sometimes forget the simpler pleasures of an animated cartoon show based on the life and times of mega-star MC Hammer. Who was the real star of this show, Hammer, or his magical, talking dance-shoes? The world may never know. I know in my heart of hearts that this odd assemblage of pop culture and nonsense had some sort of message, but i really can't figure out what that was. Perhaps if one is bold enough to dream big dreams and reach for the stars, then they too can find a pair of magical dance shoes that will wisk them away to a world where crime and evil can be "danced" out of town. Fight on, sweet hammer, fight on.

Hammerman

Author: MKFederation from Lisbon, Portugal
12 February 2005

Hammerman! Hammer! Hammerman! Hammer! Whenever there's a crime the goons are gonna do time They all better beware, cause the Hammerman will be there! Here's how it started A long time ago The legend of the hammer and how it began to grow! He was given magical shoes from a hip hop mo-town dude! Together they had power, they stood up for what was right But Gramps was getting old and he couldn't keep up the fight (Right) So Gramps and his granddaughter they went out on the road (Searchin) To find the man they knew could tell who was worthy of the load! They met a guy named Sally (Stan) He was dancing every night! He helped those kids play everyday His heart was out of sight! So Gramps opened up the bag, and took out the magical shoes He set them on the ground and they soon began to groove (right) The shoes knew at once they had finally found their man They hopped right on his feet and he became HAMMERMAN HAMMERMAN, HAMMER HAMMERMAN, HAMMER HAMMERMAN, HAMMER HAMMERMAN, HAMMER OH YEAH!

1990's tv series

Author: Alice Hochhausler (alicehoc1982) from Wilmington, OH
5 December 2002

It was wonderful to remember my childhood memories because he is my favorite rap singer. I wanted to be like him when I was a young kid. I wanted to be like him for sing for microphone to dance all the time at my home when I was growing up.

pure propaganda

Author: alpha13 from Massachusetts
28 January 2008

Yes there were some good things about this cartoon but it was obvious this was for MC hammer what Shaq FU was for Shaquille O' Neal or what Space jam was for Michael Jordon clear propaganda. I used to watch this show but that was 16 years ago and I would watch any thing on Saturday mornings back then. I remember it being pretty good hammer use his real name as a secret identity and had talking shoes that would turn him in to hammer man A rapping dancing super hero and their where two villains I knew of there may have been more there was also some friends who might have known he was hammer man and helped him out. MC hammer was one of the biggest stars back then but the show was canceled once hammers popularity faded their aren't even DVDs out of this cartoon.