IMDb > Wildfire! (1971) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Wildfire! More at IMDbPro »

Interesting documentary about the 1970 Entiat Wildfire

Author: John Julian (john_julian@mentor.com) from Beaverton, OR.
24 December 2002

This documentary is filmed on location in Entiat, Washington, which is in the Wenatchee National Forest, in Central Washington.

I'll add more details as I get them.

I'll add more info as I get it. John Julian

Excellent Documentary I am seeking a copy

Author: wolfthing2000 from United States
9 July 2006

I have been looking for a copy of this forever. I was in the USFS fighting fire the season that this documentary describes. I was a member of the Shasta - Trinity Crew, from the McCloud Ranger District. We flew to Spokane and then bussed to Wenatchee. I remember the main fire camp was in an apple orchard above Safety Harbor on Lake Chelan. We then were flown up and across the lake via helicopter to a spike camp where we worked fire out of that location. Charley Caldwell was a Captain ( crew leader) for the Redding Hot Shots on those fires and is interviewed in the documentary as having lung problems and the doctors wanting him to give up fire fighting. I was on many a fire with Charley and the "shots" . This film is a big piece of nostalgia for me and I would love to have a copy.

Certainly something exists somewhere??? I was in the Wenatchee National Forest on fires that season.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. This is an excellent example of the incidents , . Lorne Green does an excellent Job. I saw it on a TV channel and I assume it was made for TV.

Perhaps someone knows where I could get a copy???? Thank you.

Dave