IMDb > Haunted (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Haunted More at IMDbPro »

A Pretty cheap film that turns out ok

Author: mrbdoyle2003
24 February 2004

Interesting cheap movie (I got it for YVETTE MCCLENDON) I guess this was a first film for her? She looked gorgeous but not as gorgeous in recent films. The film looked like a cross between video and video - film look. Decent storyline for a cheap movie. Most of the actors were pretty good ... considering... Not bad, Yvette was the only reason to watch, but even then, it makes her look 1/2 of her beauty. I think the film makers did alot with their flimsy budget so who knows? Get more money and try again

Not bad for a 'no/lo budget' film...

Author: lee_sjostrom from Canada
23 September 2005

This is the very first film, besides my own College films, that I did Art Direction for. Most of the decor for 'Haunted' was straight from my apartment, including some of the wardrobe hanging in the dressing room! I did not get paid for working my butt off on this film because it was my first, and I needed the experience to get other jobs. That's the way you do things in Hollywood, work freebies (coined meals and copy) until someone actually thinks that you're worth paying money for.

If they didn't edit me out, I am a special business extra in the restaurant scene, playing guitar. Also, quite a bit of my artwork is hanging on the walls of various sets. Five of the pieces I did especially for the film (the ones in the restaurant) and this past summer, I used them in 'Post Dada Crap' a short video film which I wrote, produced, directed and edited. Yes, I learned a lot from my first experience in Art Direction! I am now a lo/no budget filmmaker.

I did receive a rough cut of 'Haunted', and I was promised the final cut. I contacted the producers, Dennis Devine and Steve Jarvis about that, but they never wrote back to me... By that time, I had moved back to Canada, so I guess they couldn't be bothered to pay the extra postage.

However, I'll be forever grateful to Dennis for 'hiring' me to do the Art Direction for 'Haunted'. I totally enjoyed being on the set at odd hours of the day and night and watch all the actors direct themselves as Dennis concentrated mostly on the Cinematography...

From what I saw and remember of the rough cut, it turned out fairly well, considering the very little money that was actually spent on it. Actually, now that I have almost everything I need as far as equipment and contacts, I can write my own feature and go to work! Reading about 'Haunted' on this site has inspired me! Lee Sjostrom

Pretty good

Author: PeterTomarkensGirl from New Jersey
5 March 2004

I am a diehard fan of Peter Tomarken (host of "Press Your Luck," "Paranoia," and other game shows), so when I found out that he starred in this movie, I knew I had to see it. I checked all my local video stores and it wasn't available to rent, so I bought it from Amazon.

The film itself is quite good, not very original, but still pretty well done. Tomarken is definitely the best actor of the bunch (and I'm NOT just saying that!). The weird thing is, I almost didn't recognize him when I first saw this movie! The only way I know it was him was by his voice and I knew the name of the character he played. ("Sol")

My rating: 8.5/10