The Doctor Is IN!

Author: Chuck (etdweasel@yahoo.com) from United States
20 March 2002

Michael Nesmith has an eye, a feel for comedy. Merely saying that he is easily the most talented of the Monkees is an insult. And here stands the proof.

Doctor Duck's is a sequel to Nesmith's earlier "Elephant Parts", and, like that earlier work, this is a compilation of short comedy sketches and music videos, showcasing then up-and-coming talent, including the likes of Jerry Seinfeld, Jay Leno, and Garry Shandling. It's fast paced, well shot, well edited, and it should have received more attention than it did on release. Nesmith's dry wit, impeccable timing and attention to detail make this the shortest 90 minute video you'll ever see. This is Nesmith's medium, and I sincerely hope that he someday returns to delight us further....

Showcase for great music videos and comedy

Author: uncleaus from United States
12 December 2007

Some of the comedy sketches are classic, once-in-a-lifetime beauties - Ed Begley Jr as Pope Brad, Whoopi Goldberg as the surfer chick, Martin Mull in a charming music video romance and Bobcat Goldthwait with a performing pig. The music videos are remarkably swinging, mostly country, but don't be put off, they're all timelessly hip, clever and fun, including a magical Jimmy Buffet tune and some wacky comical ones. A collection of works of genius. Whoopi Goldberg's monologue of the crippled up bride alone is worth watching the whole thing. Many of the scenes stick in my head forever and make me smile. Mike Nesmith really knew what he was doing when he put this stuff together. My only criticism is that some of the fillers are just abstract silliness, but they are brief and fleeting.