IMDb > The Lost Lover (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Lost Lover More at IMDbPro »L'amante perduto (original title)

Fantastic, enthralling, mysterious. Stuart Bunce is a new star.

Author: sab-2 from london
23 February 1999

Stuart Bunce is at the heart of this mysterious compelling new film that has resonances of Antonioni about it. A complex and emotional love triangle that is dreamlike and subtle, evoking the feeling of the wider political world bearing down on the lives of the protagonists. Superb. Stuart Bunce is a major discovery, like a new Montgomery Clift.

Up and Coming Actress, Clara Bryant

Author: anonymous from hollywood
7 March 1999

Clara Bryant, who plays the young girl, Dafi, is an extraordinarily gifted young actress. While keeping us mesmerized by her beauty, she deftly diseccts the brutal emotional excesses of adolescence, leaving us free to examine our own remembrances without the need to judge them. Suddenly we remember the pain and isolation and how all that mattered was to connect to something, someone..and in the fiercely splintered society of which Dafi is a part, the need is even more so. To take back into oneself the lost part is the healing that this child sees as the natural answer to all of the ills of her family and country. A stellar performance by an actress wise beyond her years.

Difficult but good

Author: dagored from Turin, Italy
30 October 1999

It's not simple for a foreign director to talk about the social situation in Israel, but Roberto Faenza has tried to do it. And this is the reason why everyone could apreciate it. Of course we can say it is only a utopia, maybe a too simple point of view on a very complicated situation. But when I saw the movie I tought "It's a utopia, yes, but probably no one in Israel can see the problem from this side, because they're all there, all directly implicated". Sometimes, an overview from the "exernal world" can be very useful. Everywhere. And here, in plus, we can also enjoy the marvellous soundtrack from Paolo Buonvino.