IMDb > "The Catlins" (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Catlins" More at IMDbPro »

Does anyone remember this show other than me?

Author: Laura Wigley from Mid-West
24 June 1999

Catlins was a great daytime drama set in Atlanta which followed the intertwined lives of the Catlins and their arch-rivals, the Quinns.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person who remembers this show, of course not only do I remember it -- I still have a few episodes on tape. Scary as it may seem, I taped Catlins after getting our VCR in 1984, and have held on to the few episodes I captured for over 15 years now.

Anyway, Catlins told a great story and it was sad when TBS yanked it. Sorry more people didn't see it.

Dude, I remember this

Author: shuvcat-1 from United States
17 September 2005

...as the *only* soap opera that my mother or I ever watched, ever. It was 1984 or so and I was sick to death with chicken pox, home from school recuperating and trying not to scratch, and my mom who has never watched a soap since was like, "No, we've got to see this, it's good." All I can recall from it was that one woman was a witch or a psychic, and could will things to happen. At one point she tries to entice one of the "good" guys, telling him, "Acknowledge my powers! Then you can have them too!" This point, the supernatural part, was about the only thing that interested me at five years old. The fellow who was the main character had a strange deformity on his face; either it was prosthetic or he really did have half his skin dripping down his cheek. And at some point there was some important plot point involving some woman's high heels in a closet. That was all.

Give me a break, it was twenty five years ago and I was groggy from the pox, people. :P

Funny Soap Opera (but not meant to be)

Author: jmp-36 from United States
19 January 2010

The Catlin's was the first soap not shot in LA or New York but Atlanta. It still may hold that record.

I loved the show because it was funny but not meant to be. I had the pleasure of watching them film an episode when I was working in Atlanta. I think they shot around the clock for two weeks each month to produce the show. I also got to know a few of the cast members who went on to better things. One of the cast members name on the show was Bo who was played by Larry Jordan. He was replaced by a New York actor right before the show was canceled. Larry was a very good actor and added a lot to the show.

The show wasn't given a real chance and was canceled after a year or two.

It was a gallant effort.

Jamey Gadsden, Al