IMDb > "The Famous Jett Jackson" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Famous Jett Jackson"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The Famous Jett Jackson" More at IMDbPro »

This is THE BEST SHOW DISNEY CHANNEL HAS EVER MADE...EVER!!!

Author: tahjhill2121
23 November 2002

Personally, I think ALL Disney shows are OK. But this one is more than OK, it is Fantastic!!! Especially with these shows on Disney that are too predictable (Lizzie McGuire), too cheesy (The Jersey and Even Stevens), too stereotypical (The Proud Family) and too "Just for girls" (Lizzie McGuire, So Weird, Kim Possible, That's So Raven). This is better than ALL of them (Even that's so raven which doesn't air till January).

The show is about Jett Jackson (DUH!!!) and how he tries to manage a normal life while at the same time stars on his own hit TV show "Silverstone" (one user said "Give me a break" but he knows he would do the same thing). Season one focused on just Jett and not "Silverstone", the show within the show, but in 1999 Lee Thompson Young (the actor who play's Jett) saw "The Matrix" and talked the producers into adding "Silverstone" plots into seasons two and three.

But with or without the silverstone plots it was still great show and it showed because for all three seasons it was Disney's highest rated show that wasn't a cartoon (so yes, it did get higher ratings than "Even Stevens", "Lizzie McGuire" AND "So Weird") Too bad for Disney's 65 episode max or else this show would still be on the air.

Commenting on "The Famous Jett Jackson"

Author: XoColbyRoxMySox from Rhode Island, USA
26 May 2001

"The Famous Jett Jackson" is a very good TV show for kids and teenagers. I like it very much. It is basically about a teenaged boy named Jett who stars in his own television show, but lives in a small South Carolina town. He has two best friends, JB and Kayla, who help him get through different problems. He lives with his Nana and father who are humorous, but very ideal characters. As a star, Jett must deal with being a rich, famous star in a small, simple town. Guest stars include Hayden Christensen and Britney Spears. "The Famous Jett Jackson" is a great television series, and if you like it, I'd also recommend other Disney shows such as "Lizzie McGuire" and "Even Stevens."

A really good show

Author: indianajones014 from London England
18 August 2001

This is one of the only reasons i watch disney i have seen every episode since day one and i love it it is on at 11 at night here in england but the show is great but the acting could be better on some accounts but the excellent plots make up for this give the show a try and you will like it

Great show for the whole family

Author: luvsbordercollie from USA
15 June 2001

This is the one show on tv that my whole family will watch together. Jett Jackson (played superbly by Lee Thompson Young) struggles to fit in both life as a normal kid in his North Carolina hometown and his job playing super spy Silverstone on a children's television program. Jett has a good relationship with his parents and adults will like that the grown-ups are portrayed as caring and wise (especially the character of his great grandmother, Miz Coretta, played with quiet dignity by Montrose Hagins) instead of merely stupid as most television parents are. Likewise, Jett and his friends work things out together. This is especially noticeable in the episode "Day Trip" where Jett, JB, Kayla, and Riley go looking for gold and Jett is bitten by a rattlesnake. The Silverstone scenes are also action packed and fun. Nigel Shawn Williams is great as Silverstone's mentor Artemus, and Lindy Booth's feisty Hawk (she also doubles as Riley) shows that she's one Canadian import to keep an eye on. Highly recommended!

One of Disney's Best Original Series

Author: bballsar12 (bballsar12@aol.com) from USA
2 June 2001

The Famous Jett Jackson is about a teenage boy that is on a hit T.V. show called Silverstone. Jett likes the small town life better than the city life so he gets the show to move back to his hometown in Wilsted, North Carolina.

This show has some really great episodes with good messages for kids. One of the episodes was about a teacher that got fired because he gave the students a book that the principal didn't see fit for the kids. The students protest against the acts.

This is a great show for children and teens. But adults will probally also find it entertaining.

very good series for the whole family!

Author: enchatingmoonlight (backstreetgirl@mollymail.com) from USA
28 October 2001

I've loved Jett Jackson ever since it came out.It's very funny,and very action-like,and still a drama,at the same time.Despite the fact that the majority of teenagers,aren't famous actors,it's very much like your average teenager.This is one of disney's best,in the midst of shows like even stevens and lizzie mcguire...Jett Jackson actually holds an interesting plot and a great assembled cast.2 thumbs up for this disney series.

A great show!

Author: smfrie
28 May 2003

I thought this show was cute. It's about a young actor who wants to go back to his hometown to be a normal kid. Jett plays Silverstone in a action TV show. You get to see how Jett juggles work and school and trying to be 'normal'. In one episode a girl becomes obsessed with him and does anything to win a contest, 'Spend the day with Jett'. Jett's parents aren't together anymore and they show viewers that they can get along and still be a family. It is a good show to watch and it's funny.

Nice Show

Author: helll_razor from Brooklyn, NY
23 October 2000

I just started getting into the show a few months ago. I have seen episodes from 98, 99, and 2000 so I think I can give a good evaluation of it. But first, The main plot is that Jett jackson(Lee Thompson Young),an African American child actor, is the star of a weekly TV action series known as "Silverstone". He decides to come back to his hometown in Wilsted North Carolina in an attempt to live a "normal life" .Silverstone is a secret agent with lots of gadgets and since last season a sidekick and an on screen boss. Lindy Booth plays Hawkins aka Hawk(sidekick) and Nigel-Shawn Williams plays Artemis(the boss) and the actor that plays Artemis..Nigel Essex.

Jett's closest friends are Kayla West(Kerry Duff), who is an interacial girl who lives on a farm, and JB Halliburton(Ryan Sommers Baum), whose parents run the local store. Cubby(Jeffrey Douglas) is the prop maker for the Silverstone set and is also one of Jett's closest friends....Cubby is a goofy fun character. Gordon Greene and Montrose Hagins round out the cast as Jett Jackson's father Wood, and Great Granmother Miz Coretta respectively. Andrew Tarbet played Booker Murray the town's deputy. His character has relocated to Raleigh in his attempt to become a "big city" detective. Melanie Nicholls King plays Jett's mother(who is divorced from Wood, and was also a star actress...the character's name slips me for now), the latter two characters are/were recurring characters.

Now my opinions. I love the show,it boats a talented young cast. They all have very good chemistry with eachother. . Some of the episodes have good lessons behind them. Its fun to see the difference in them from the first season til now. Ofcourse they have grown older(Lee Thompson is about 16 years old right now, Ryan Sommers the same age, and Kerry Duff is about 18 years old), but outside of their obvious age differences they have seemingly grown to become better actors and actresses. I have high hopes for all three of them. I believe that Lee Thompson has the charisma to make it far in my opinion, Kerry Duff has the look and acting skills, and I think Ryan Sommers Baum has some great acting skills. I believe that they could play a range of characters. I hope that they don't fade out of the spotlight so to speak as they get older.

In conclusion, I think that the Famous Jett Jackson is a nice show, and I think its aimed at a mid teenage audience but hey I'm 18 and I enjoy the show. I wish I had some acting skills to act alongside this cast.

The best Disney show ever

Author: SwirlStar (PrincessFiona88@aol.com) from Somewhere, U.S.A
20 June 2003

This is one of the few Disney Channel shows that's diverse, feminine empowering, and actually good. It's only on at night now, which is a pity, because it's the best show. For all of you who thought Disney Channel was horrible--watch this show!

They Cancelled It Right When It Got Good!

Author: christiluv2005 from United States
15 October 2005

I never watched the show because I was in love with it. I watched it because of the star, Lee Thompson Young. At first, he was the ONLY reason I watched the show, because he was so cute and hypnotizing to watch.

Then, to my delighted surprise, the show got better! Someone hired writers that weren't so boring and lame, and they started writing about real issues, like bullies, gun control, anorexia, Jett's love life, racism, book censorship, and BAM! It was over. I was like... "But... what happened? Where'd it go? I'm so confused!!!"

...Yeah. I'm still pretty upset about that. But any way...

So I'd give the early FJJ episodes: 3 stars (average at best), because the writers didn't even try, early on, and let's face it: The only reason people were watching the show was because guys admired Lee as the Jett Jackson Hero they wanted to be, and because girls admired Lee as the Jett Jackson Hero they wanted to be with.

Then I'd give the later FJJ episodes: 4 stars (finally good) because they actually were getting really good, and if they'd let the show keep running, I'm certain they would've reached the 5 star mark.

Other than that, all I have to say is: LEE THOMPSON YOUNG IS HOT, BABY! YEAH! WOO HOO!