An odd entry in the Peanuts film series

Author: David Edward Martin from Greater Milwaukee
29 April 2001

Unlike the rest of the Peanuts specials, this one is mostly a live action film, with animation mostly limited to Spike and some cameo appearances by the regular Peanuts cast. Mostly I see it as father Charles' affectionate gift of a starring film role to his daughter Jill. It was also a great way to showcase the ice rink Charles owned.

Good for young kids!

Author: katbeavis from Perrysburg, Ohio
5 July 2000

I got to thinking about this movie the other day and how much i loved it when i was little. I just couldn't remember the name though so I searched on here until I found it. I was surprised no one had commented on it. I think this was a good movie for little kids. It features Snoopy's cousin Spike living in the desert. He meets the girl in the Red Truck and they have much fun together. I don't remember much else about it though, but I do know any one who is a fan of the Peanuts will probably enjoy it!

My Kid's Loved This!!

Author: Oregonstarfish from United States
21 May 2005

My family watched this so often that the tape broke many times and was repaired many times. Would like to see "FULL SCREEN DVD" version made in the near future.. The filming location was great also. Made us want to travel. The acting was good. The music was good. The animation was good also. My kids were 5-9 years of age. They all enjoyed it for mutual reasons but individual reasons as well.. Story plot was good for children...because of how to handle a strong desire in life to come to fruition and not hurting others around you in getting there I guess. I also enjoyed this movie and that I was cute. If it ever was remade onto DVD format I would but it for each of my kids now that they are adults, one married with 3 children. She can share the memories with her children.....

Not your typical Charlie Brown

Author: Hailey-7 from United States
12 January 2007

This is NOT, I repeat your typical Peanuts cartoon, there are tons of those and they air on TV every year on Valentine's Day, Halloween, and Christmas. This one is more about Snoopy's desert dwelling brother, Spike and a young woman he befriends (who happens to be a live-action person). This special was made in 1988, around the same time "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" came out, which was cutting edge in new ways of combining 2-d animation and live-action footage. Charlie Brown and Snoopy are the only "regular" Peanuts characters who appear in this special, but only at the beginning and the end, reading the letter Spike had sent them about his experience.