IMDb > Bad Boys II (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Bad Boys II

Bad Boys II More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 51:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

What do you expect?!?!?!!!!

Author: Jester69 from Bethlehem, PA
20 July 2003

I hate reading these reviews putting this movie down. This movie kicked ass plain and simple. It's a fun movie to watch and enjoy!!! Sure, there's not much of a plot but if you wanted that why would you go to see this film?? The only reason to see this film is because you want 2 1/2 hours of entertainment!!! That's what this is, pure fun.

Bad Boys is Bad Ass (Retort to "bad is the right word for title")

Author: braindog from United States
22 February 2005

I think us movie buffs sometimes forget that not all movies are made to have some sort of under lying message that can or will change our lives. That's why it pains me to see some users give this film a bad review because "the dialog is weak" or "the scenery isn't vibrant" or something along those lines. This is not a stab or an insult to you, but what I'm saying is; sometimes movies are made with one intended purpose... ENTERTAINMENT! I could careless if this film had poor actors, poor script, poor lighting, that doesn't matter when you watch an action film. This movie delivers your monies worth too, in my opinion Will Smith and Martin Larwence make such a great team that part of the fun is just watching these two get into it from time to time. And with Michael Bay directing, you know you're going to get some good action scenes. Let's face it, Bad Boys II has one of the best car chase scenes ion recent history, it dominates the dismal over played chase in Matrix Reloaded which was the other big summer sequel of that year. I think all that needs to be said here in a retort is the movie is an action movie ans needs to be looked at as an action movie. To hell with the elements that the Academy looks at, appreciate the film for all the stuff that blows up and the laughs the cast can bring you to.

It's a movie, people.......if you don't like it, stay home!

Author: brent-90 from IL
2 August 2003

I really get a kick out of all the people crying about how violent, profane and indecent they found Bad Boys II to be. Hello!!! It's an R-Rated action movie(and a damn fine one at that) so what exactly were you expecting, Finding Nemo? I like the fact that Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer had the balls to release a take-no-prisoners action flick like this instead of a "pussified" PG-13 movie like everything else Hollywood has given us this summer(Hollywood Homicide, Tomb Raider, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Charlie's Angels Full Throttle, The Hulk, etc). If you don't want to see a movie with a lot of violence and profanity, the solution is simple.......STAY HOME! There are plenty of other movies out there to see this summer so it's your own fault for going to a movie you know you're not going to like in the first place. I agree that a couple of scenes were probably unnecessary(I could have done without the morgue and the bodies falling out of the van), but other than that I thought this movie was the perfect action film and the best thing I've seen this summer. It's funny as hell and the action is non-stop from beginning to end. What more can you ask for from a summer movie? Don't listen to all the pompous movie critics because they don't like action films in the first place and they are very biased in their opinions. All they want you to see is movies like Seabiscuit or The English Patient. Well, screw that! I like movies where a lot of s**t blows up and as everyone knows, Michael Bay blows s**t up better than anybody in Hollywood. Go see Bad Boys II and actually get your money's worth from a movie this summer(a rarity indeed).

A great summer action flick

Author: swipht1
23 July 2003

This movie was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. The action sequences were really well done, and there was tons of them. It was a lot more violent than the first one as I noticed. I thought the scene with all the cadavers was really unnecessary. It was kind of gross. And the chemistry between Will Smith and Martin Lawrence is great. The arguments really reflect from the first one. I was really enjoying the tense scenes where the cars were flying off the truck. A great movie. 8 out of 10.

Ten times the action, total hardcore

Author: pete-131 from Toronto
19 July 2003

Well after that blunder of a motion picture called "Pearl Harbour" Micheal Bay bounces back with a better movie here. To his credit though in the few short films he has made so far none of them have bombed. This movie was 10x the action definately, and was actually way funnier than first one. Will Smith was definately more built, much tougher and more in charge, Martin Lawrence stole the show with his silly remarks every 5 seconds but I loved it.

The car chase scene on the highway was way better than the Matrix Reloaded's car chase scene, it puts that one to shame. But this highway chase scene will definately rank up there with T3's. Some parts in this movie were a bit overdone such as the morgue scene, won't get into it but I'll leave it at that, and the rats...that's it! :)

If you are looking for a solid type performance from Will Smith to be a good actor don't bother, this movie was all about pure action, and mindless fun, if that's what you want then go see it, if not don't waste your 2 hours and 40 minutes seeing it. Funny thing is, it didn't feel that long.

Can't wait to see this out on DVD in superbit. A great sequel.

The coolest action/comedy movie

Author: Jeff Smith (grumpyass) from michigan
21 July 2003

I just got back from seeing Bad Boys 2 and it was the coolest move ever. It had so much action in it topped off with comedy. For a 2 and 1/2 hour movie it didn't seem that long at all. I loved that it didn't have a whole lot CGI effects in it. I liked how they actually destroyed the cars and how they really blew up that mansion, no fake model stuff. This was just as cool as the first movie was but a little bit better and cooler. I don't know how the critics in different areas rated the movie but the ones in my area only gave it 1 and a half stars. I think it deserves at lease 3 and a half to 4 stars. I can't what for this movie to hit DVD I be there to get it definitely the first day it hits shelves. If you haven't go and see this BAD movie.

An Action Packed Movie That'll Have You Laughing!!!

Author: Aren Shilvarjo (uNdAdAiNfLuEnCe) from Califorina, USA
27 July 2003

Well, if you need action or comedy, this is the movie for you. It was a perfect mix with Big Willy and Martin Lawrence.

It was a bit long. It felt like I watched 2 movies, but that's not a bad thing. The action was fast, but the realism of the movie was not believable. Way too many close calls, the way action movies usually are.

The comedy gets an A+ in my book. So far, this is the funniest movie I've seen of the year. There was A LOT of comedy, note that I stress the words, "a lot." I was laughing from start to finish. Very few lines were weak, but there not noticeable.

Overall, this is the perfect film if you want to sit back, watch some people die, and laugh your ass off. You didn't need to see the first one to understand the story, so don't worry. But I do advise you, it was a very gory movie. They showed a lot of disgusting parts, and I'm not talking about sex, I'm talking about gore.

9.1/10

-Aren~

Loads of fun ---7/10

Author: Sfpsycho415 from San Francisco
21 July 2003

This was a really fun movie to watch. It has some intense action sequences. Actually, a lot of intense action sequences. The shooting never stops and the explosions keep on coming. Martin Lawrence and Will Smith are hysterical, again. And Joe Pantoliano makes every movie better. The two funniest scenes are when Burnett and Lowery are scaring the hell out of Burnett's daughter's date and after the chase scene with the dead bodies and Captain Howard goes off on the two. Absolutely hilarious! My only gripe is that it seemed that the writers were running low on material and resorted to gross-out humor like rats having sex and corpses losing their heads. Not funny. Otherwise it was very funny, due to the amazing chemistry between the two leads. I still prefer the original Bad Boys, but this is still a great time at the movies. 7/10

Disgraceful

Author: BroadswordCallinDannyBoy from Boston, MA
3 September 2005

A huge budget sequel to the dumb "Bad Boys." I guess it was inevitable.

I saw the HBO special on this movie and watch how Will Smith, Michael Bay, and Jerry Bruckheimer went on and on about how great this movie is. What was really happening was that Michael Bay and Will Smith were happy that they received a fat paycheck and Bruckheimer was happy that he will make another huge pile of money with the release.

They said "we finally got it perfect." Perfect? Perfectly over-blown trash maybe. There is not the slightest distant glimmer of anything that faintly resembles originality here. It is all one boring dull mindless cliché after another until the viewer is literally ready to puke.

The "story" starts with Will Smith, who is hot for Gabrielle Union who is Martin Lawrence's sister which is a a cheesy love vs family problem that is addressed so poorly that it shouldn't be there. And guess what? There is a twist! Gabrielle Union is an undercover cop working on what maybe the same case! Oh dear! We are also treated to a big loud car chase in which well over thirty vehicles are totaled along with the bad guys. But the good guys? They don't even get hurt. Some cops manage to land in critical care, but after flipping over in a car going 80 mph straight into a massive fireball in the middle of the highway you'd be dead. Yes the T-1000 survived such a feat, but he is a futuristic robot.

Moving right on from the pathetic story and horrible action is the humor. It is also dumb, cliché, and overly vulgar. I mean are rat sex and junior high school level gay jokes something you'd expect to see in a movie not by John Waters? Types of humor have their placement in film, or as Michael Bay demonstrates so well, misplacement. Moving on we come to a sick excuse for a plot device. Towards the end our heroes got save Gabrielle Union who was kidnapped. They pack their service pistols and prepare to go to take on an entire drug cartel. But guess what? The police chief's friends are in the CIA and they decide, out of the goodness of their heart, to help two hotshot loose cannon detectives! So now, with the help of a bunch of CIA commandos half of Cuba is blown up and everyone goes home safe. Preposterous on all counts.

There are entertaining movies that follow this kind of preposterous formula. James Bond, for one. He is just as ridiculous as this movie, but he has a light side. He doesn't take himself too seriously. Those films have a tongue in cheek nature that constantly reminds us that we are watching what is basically a fairy tale. Not here. This film takes it self so seriously and tries to be ultra cool and slick. Thankfully it fails on all fronts of film making. Let's hope we don't see anything like it anytime soon.

Sick, disgusting, unoriginal, a horrible waste of money, superficial, unentertaining, unfunny, vulgar, and just plain terrible. This sort of Hollywood junk put the word 'bad' in the dictionary. Either that or the Bubonic Plague. Well, I guess they are both bad. 1/10

Rated R: excessive violence, relentless profanity, and all around bad taste

A little overdone but still a good watch

Author: iwatcheverything from Texas, USA
17 December 2003

This movie was very entertaining. It had me wanting to watch all the way until the end. It was about 30 minutes too long I'm afraid though. There were many times that I thought there were scenes that could have been cut and still made this movie funny and with great action. Some of the parts were a little overacted as well. All in all I thought this was a good film and I will watch it over and over again for a few scenes. It does have some horrible language in this movie so do not let you kids see it unless you don't care if they repeat what they see. Check the movie out if you are of age. It's a good film.

Page 1 of 51:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]