« Prev | 46 of 65 Episodes | Next »

I remember this!

Author: Kim (bugsboom) from Hopewell, VA
13 December 2002

This was an after-school special that I saw ten years ago and it still sticks with me to this day. I was only 11 when I saw it, but I think that it was what kept me alive throughout both junior high and high school. It's about this kid whose best friend dies in a car accident. Both the boys are your typical teenaged guys: horny, reckless, and immature. Trust me, things have not changed much in the last ten years.

Anyways, after the best friend dies, the friend left behind suddenly has this epiphany that life is nothing to play with and that it's precious and should be lived to the fullest. The whole point is that this movie is supposed to be preachy. Now, most teenagers would have done one of two things: A) They would have taken their friend's death as a sign to continue doing stupid crap b/c you never know when you might bite the big one OR B) Would have sank into a deep depression and eventually drank themselves to an early, but not surprising death.

This movie had every opportunity to be corny, but it wasn't to me at the time. If you show it to an 11-year-old these days, they might laugh straight in your face. However, it opened my eyes to immortality, or the lack thereof and how even a 17-year-old could die with no warning. OK, enough of the Lifetime BS! When's Final Destination 2 coming out?!

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." -- James Dean

Every Teenager in Driver's ED Should be required to see this movie!

25 March 2006

This Movie is a straight in your face no nonsense message about the consequences of reckless Teenage Drivers that every new Teenage Driver that is going to be driving on the road should be required to see to show Teen Drivers that Alcohol and Driving don't mix and Teens and reckless Driving don't mix either This Movie needs to be shown in every High School Driver's ED Class to show that Teen drivers need to be responsible for their own actions and Driving requires skill and is not a game and that a Car is not a Toy like i said before this Movie needs to be seen in every High School Driver's ED class so that its frank message can be seen and heard too many Graduating Teens in High School are senselessly killed every year by DUI or reckless Driving!

Touch you to the soul

Author: (ziggi211@aol.com) from USA
18 November 2001

This is a movie that will move you. My class in driver's ed. had to watch it to teach us of the dangers of driving too fast and without a seatbelt. The whole story leads up to the death of the character, but also throws in the fact that he has everything going for him at the time. This movie also points out that there may not be a second chance for you to do the right thing. I recommend this movie to anyone, but teens especially, because they are the ones that need to realize that driving is NOT a game, and one mistake could cost you your life.