IMDb > Pizza King (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Pizza King More at IMDbPro »

A much needed film

Author: Henrik Nielsen (henrikbornholm@hotmail.com) from Aarhus, Denmark
17 June 1999

It would be untrue to call this film a masterpiece but never the less it is a film with a lot of qualities. A story about four friends with an Islamic background living in Copenhagen. We follow them through ups and downs, mostly downs, and get an insight into their enviroment. The main characters all act brilliantly but Janus Nabil Bakrawi and Ali Kazim stand out. I do have one small problem with the film. I think it is sad that we have to see so many stereotypes, both among the Islamic characters as well as the Caucasian. Still I think this film should be included as teaching material in the Danish school system. Especially with the rising racial tensions in our society.

Not much pizza in this movie

Author: flasch from Denmark
6 June 1999

One could complain about the lack of pizza in this movie, or one could complain about how much like some other movie it is. If you want to see this movie and not make political statements about it, is not bad. It is basically a story about friendship and conflicts between different cultures. The story works fine and the acting is good, sometimes very good. There is not much pizza, but there is a lot of humor and drama.

This movie really KICKS ASS!!

Author: MC Vejle from Denmark
24 May 1999

You know I have been in Denmark for nearly 5 years and I have never seen something like this before. The most Danish movies really sucks like "Olsen Banden" and those new movies are some crap too. For example "Sidste Time" has a good story but it ends so strange, also "Pusher" and "Nattevagten", all those have strange endings! But "Pizza King" has been a real success, the actors, the story, every thing in the movie is perfect! (THE MUSIC TOO) It really shows the life in Copenhagen and how the most Danish people trade the young immigrants and the truth always hurts!!