IMDb > Hard Time: Hostage Hotel (1999) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Hard Time: Hostage Hotel (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Good Movie.

Author: Tonci Pivac from New Zealand
4 April 2003

Hostage hotel was a very enjoyable movie, as im sure you all know from my previus comments that I am a huge Burt Reynolds fan, which is the main reason I liked this film, but not the only reason, it still had a good story with a great dialog, this movie was really well done for a film with such a small budget.

I would suggest you watch this film if you are a Burt Reynolds fan.

The Vin Diesels of this world could learn a great deal from this true action hero

Author: dan_nash from London, England
2 April 2006

"Reynolds should have hung up his boots after Smokey and the Bandit II" - Fiction

"Reynolds has still got what it takes as an action hero" - Fact

What a movie! Mindblowing! To see an actor of Burts calibre still diving about (performing his own Slow-mo stunts, no less) really brings a tear to my eye.

Keith Carradine is the perfect foil to our hero as Reynolds' toughest movie opponent since Jackie Gleason (may god rest his soul) last chased him 'eastbound and down' Charles Durning puts in a wonderful turn as burts seemingly inept former partner but looks can be deceiving there's life in the old boy yet! All in all a wonderful film that i can highly recommend to anyone Go Burt!

The most horriblist, most funniest, and most greatest movie of all time.

Author: UnratedX from USA
21 July 2000

There is nothing better than seeing Burt Reynolds as an action star. This is the straight-to-video/straight-to-television film that premiered on and was made by TNT (Turner Network Television). The story is about a candidate for congress whose speech at a congressional convention is ruined because a Vietnam vet has set-off grenades inside the ritzy hotel in which it is all taking place. The villain kidnaps the congressman's wife and daughter, and holds them hostage inside, while Burt Reynolds long time partner tries to save them, but ends up a hostage himself. Now it is up to Logan McQueen (Reynolds) to come to the rescue and save everybody inside, including his partner (now it's personal). The story is okay, the acting is good, but it all ends up being the funniest movie of all time because not only does Jefferson from "Married With Children" make an appearance, but we get to sit for 90 minutes and watch Burt Reynolds make the funniest faces ever! This is a cool film and could rank as one of the most horriblist, most funniest, and most greatest film of all time!

okay

Author: Heidi
30 June 2003

Well, this movie was okay but it was a dissapointment. As soon as I got the tape, I realized it was a tv movie. So, it didn't have a lot of violence or high action in it. It was still okay though. It's not one of his better movies.

Go to bed. No really, go to bed.

Author: chriztian from Oslo, Norway
2 June 2003

I guess I`m on a winning streak this week. Last night I had the pleasure of watching the hysterical "Airborne" starring Steve Guttenberg, and tonight I found myself in the company of Burt Reynolds and Sledge Hammer. This is appearently the ending of some TV-series but nobody, and that includes Smokey himself, seems to care at all.

The only good thing here is Mr.Sledge Hammer himself. David Rasche knows too well this is utter crap and instead decides to camp up his worried congressman with pretty hilarious results.The equivalent of dancing around while working at McDonalds...