IMDb > "Squirt TV on MTV" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Squirt TV on MTV" More at IMDbPro »

great talk show

Author: Brad_Dharma from Los Angeles
27 July 2001

I remember seeing a few episodes of this show when it was on MTV. It was really funny and always had the real cool guests, better than most talk shows. Kevin Smith was on there with Joey Lauren Adams plugging Mallrats. They showed clips from the movie at every commercial break. I also remember the host would give out weird gifts to guest, like one got a copy of some obscure Japanime film. It was just a great talk show for a generation of film buffs , like the show would have random clips from The Warriors in one episode. I wish it had lasted longer than it did.

Very Entertaining!

Author: Jwmfan from Chicago
28 December 2007

In 1994 I visited Manhattan, NY to visit a relative. I was 16 years old at the time and while I was there I found myself obsessed with this cable access show called "Squirt TV." It was unlike anything I had seen before and I would check the channel all the time during the two weeks I was there in the hopes of seeing another episode. After I returned home I remember telling everyone I knew about this little gem of a show that I had discovered while on vacation. Much to my surprise, two years later, it ended up on MTV and I was so excited. I told all my friends to watch it and reminded them that this was the same show I was raving about two years earlier. I thought both Jake and Frankie were hilarious and I loved Frankie's man on the street interviews. I wish it would have lasted longer on MTV because I truly loved watching it and I got my best friend hooked also. They always had great guests and Jake had provided us with interviews that were great fun. I also enjoyed the fantastic musical guests they provided each week. "Squirt TV" will continue to be a fond memory of my teenage years.

Great lil slice of TV from the 90s

Author: sarah42579 from Virginia
5 October 2006

I was actually rummaging through some old VHS and came across about 5 episodes that i had recorded back in high school. Watching them today made me chuckle over and over again. What a great little show this was. Interesting format, interview celebrities from a 17 year old's bedroom in NYC. But with guests like Kids in the Hall, Kevin Smith, Method Man & GZA, Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys, Beck, Luscious Jackson and Adam Sandler, how can you go wrong? One of the best part of the show was Jake's lil side-kick,Frankie i think his name was. He served as the Man on the Street, the episode where he learns how to break dance is hilarious! and Dancing Ted was also a nice feature. Even though the show was canceled, it's nice to see that Jake is still going strong in the industry.