IMDb > Undercover Angel (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Undercover Angel More at IMDbPro »

Great!

Author: grey_silver2001
16 February 2002

I was babysitting my younger cousin when I saw this film. When I first got a glance at it I thought my after noon would be filled with cutsie stuff. But it turned out this film was great! And I will admit that it was cute. Emily Mae Young was wonderful! I never expected her to get this far! Yasmine Bleeth and Dean Winters was great too!

touching! this should've been rated better

Author: intx from Canada
14 August 2003

Although the girl is unbelievably smart and mature in this movie, it has a very touching, interesting and inspirational story. Emily Mae Young plays a very cute 6 year old girl that through out the movie will keep you interested. Although I've noticed some parts of it wasn't filmed as well as it could've been, it's probably not easy to film a movie to portray a little girl so cute and smart. Some parts of it almost made me cry, and I rarely cry. I can't believe it got such a low rating on IMDb, this movie should've got at least a 7. I would give it a 8/10.

**** of 5 stars

I absolutely loved it!

Author: CrazeeJaney from Toronto, Canada
15 June 2003

I was just sitting around channel surfing and recognized Emily Mae Young...so I decided to watch it. It brought tears to my eyes! The movie is just very touching and Emily is pure adorable! It's a very cute movie and perfect for saps like me haha.

Truly Excellent Family Movie for all

Author: imdb-491
12 August 2000

Real Family movie that the entire family can enjoy. Sadly it this is extremely rare now a days. I was skeptical when looking at the tagline of "It was the love of a lifetime, and it took a child to see it." After watching it the tagline does not really convey the movie very well. While there is some good romance in the movie the movie itself does convey the complexity of relationships and how people who are too arrogant, selfish, greedy, prideful or etc. to recognize the truth can really wreck not just their lives but the lives of their children. This movie contains no politically warped agendas, no profanity, no nudity, no sex and no violence. Best thing that we've seen in years. Good plot, good acting, good actors, good directing, good producing and good writing.

Nice story really helped by two female leads

Author: Michael Morrison (morrisonhimself@consultant.com) from Arizona
22 December 2011

Yasmine Bleeth is one of the most strikingly beautiful actresses of the last 20 years, and could easily be said to have stolen this movie -- except for the presence of the real scene stealer, Emily Mae Young.

Emily Mae is an astonishing find, a very young actress -- age approximately 8 when this movie was made, but playing age 6 -- who had screen presence of someone at least 20 years older.

Sad to say, she seems to have done very little since "Undercover Angel."

The story is slight, but touching, and doesn't always flow smoothly, but the talent of the two female leads overcomes any possible flaws.

Actually nearly all the performers are capable and very watchable, but, as light as it is, "Undercover Angel" is worth watching again and again just to see Yasmine Bleeth and Emily Mae Young, who I hope will come back to show biz.

feel good family movie

Author: lornajouk from United Kingdom
22 January 2007

this is one of very few films I'm comfy allowing the smallest family members to watch without it talking down to them and hoping they'll learn stuff from it. Fun and funny, and for all the family with some valid social commentary thrown in along with the romance and humour. Perhaps if more scriptwriters simplified their themes as much as has been done with this film, more people will understand what they are trying to get across - whether it be morally, educationally or just for fun or humour. All across the board this is a very good film and highly recommended for family viewing at any time of the year. popcorn optional, tissues likewise.

Touched by an angel

Author: jotix100 from New York
14 February 2005

This delicious comedy is a good way for a family to spend some quality time together. Director Bryan Michael Stoller, working with his own material, has come out with a winning movie that will bring joy to those young at heart.

Most critics of this film should realize this film is targeted for a specific audience. This sunny movie will warm one's heart. Thanks to Emily Mae Young, who plays Jenny, the precocious little star that has an uncanny sense of what to do in front of the camera. "Underground Angel" was a nice change of pace.

Dean Winters and Yasmine Bleeth are seen in the main roles. Together with Miss Young they do amazing work together.

Surprisingly Sweet

Author: EveySK from Jersey
8 September 2003

I have to admit that the main reason I rented this movie was to see Dean Winters in something other than HBO's Oz and his performance here really surprised me. He usually plays the tough guy, but in Undercover Angel he was finally able to explore a much softer side. Although Emily Mae Young stole the movie. She is so adorable and was such a delight to watch. At times the plot seemed a little rushed, but taking into consideration that this was a low budget independent film, then that can be over looked. A treat to watch with your entire family.

Fun for the Entire Family

Author: Sarah from Virginia
14 July 2000

This is a great movie that the whole family can watch and enjoy together. There is something for everyone. Romance and drama for the older people, while the kids are amused by the antics and mischief of a 6 year old girl.

The acting is amazing. Emily Mae Young is outstanding, as she steals the show away from the adults with ease. The adults (Dean Winters and Yasmine Bleeth) provide performances which make this movie very well rounded. In my opinion, this is a movie that is great for a day with the family.

This movie is darling, and has received five star great reviews!

Author: (sillymovie@yahoo.com) from United States
4 June 2005

Undercover Angel is a great little family movie. It's been reviewed in most film and DVD books and has received 4 and 5 stars out of 5. The only person who wouldn't like this is someone who hates children. Obviously, one person from Ontario who reviewed this movie is a Scrooge. See this movie, it's been on Showtime and Lifetime and Blockbuster sometimes has it. My family loves this movie. It's Mrs. Doubtfire meets Sleepless in Seattle. Yasmine Bleeth's best performance. Emily Mae Young is so cute -- and Dean Winters is an excellent leading man. I think he's on one of the main crime shows right now, but I can't remember the name of it. And of course, James Earl Jones -- the voice of Darth Vader, plays a Canadian Judge.