IMDb > Titanic: Breaking New Ground (1998) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Titanic: Breaking New Ground (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Brilliant

Author: Jack McMorrow from London, England
3 January 2005

In 1998, my mum taped this show one Thursday night (we were probably watching something else at the same time), and watched it the next day. Fairly much routine for dad, and wasn't the best thing mum had ever seen, although she really enjoyed it. For me, it was a different matter. I was nine when i saw this one, and ever since then, I've had a love for history (particually Titanic, I know more about it than all of my history teachers put together!), and (although it was a few years later), after several hundred repeated viewings of it, I decided one day to become a filmmaker (granted, other factors like Peter Jackson, Steve Spielberg and George Lucas did help ...), but this is what started it for me. Two of the most important aspects of my life (apart from friends, family and animals) were both spawned from this one documentary. I know it sounds really stupid, but its true. OK, I sound like a nut job now, but I guess this story really isn't a cliché after all! (well, not much of one!)

Excellent documentary on the filming of one of the greatest movies of all time.

Author: Rachael-5 from Chicago, Illinois
30 April 1999

This documentary was sort of a combination of the movie itself and of a documentary of the real ship. I loved the interviews with each of the participants because each of them relayed how the tragedy became real to them, and they translated that into performances on screen. My favorite part was that Cameron actually went down to see Titanic and created state-of-the-art camera gear to get additional shots that were actually used in the picture. I sure wish this were released to video.