IMDb > Riddler's Moon (1998) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Riddler's Moon (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Riddler's Moon has a great cast, original setting and writers that avoid cliche'.

Author: MovieFan-16 from Michigan, USA
8 November 1998

Riddler's Moon is a good aliens-come-down-for-some-mysterious-reason sci-fi movie. The writers were able to create a decent level of "suspension of disbelief" and that always helps one enjoy a movie. The cast really added to the overall production. Daniel Newman gives a very realistic portrayal of a teenage boy with a disability that requires him to be in a wheelchair. Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek Voyager's Capt. Janeway) is refreshing in the role of a hard-working single mother. Corbin Bernsen is the surprisingly non-cliche town drunk. The story DOES NOT take place in LA or New York or any other overly used location. The story DOES involve mysterious visitors from who-knows-where, but I won't spoil that part for you. However, I will say that I would have liked to learn more about the visitors. Riddler's Moon is a "Made for TV" production which usually means so-so special effects and a weak plot. Thankfully, this was not the case here. Overall, I was very impressed with Riddler's Moon.

Aliens in the heartland

Author: Keld Boysen (boyzonee@hotmail.com) from Haderslev, Denmark
19 December 2001

or would "Close Encounters of the Second Kind" in the "Field of Dreams" between the "Children of the Corn" and "The Monolith Monsters" be a more appropriate title? I watched this one on a German TV channel last night without hoping for much even with Corbin Bernsen in it, but "Riddler's Moon" turned out to be a nice little sci-fi fantasy with believable and sympathetic characters in rural surroundings and one not so sympathetic one. It used familiar elements from several older films, mixed them a little differently and the result was this little winner.

Out of luck farmers suddenly get bumper crop of canola due to some extra special help.

Author: CJ from Texas
5 November 1998

I would just like to say BRAVO to the creators of this movie. Not only is the plot good, but the little bits are accurate. The son as Spina Bifida, as I do. Everything mentioned about him is correct, down to things like his foot rests on his chair being in the usual positions and not evenly lined up. If only more shows like this would be produced, maybe there would be a better understanding of disabilities.

Great film

Author: halloweenh27 from United States
26 August 2008

I think this is a great Made for TV movie! It is a Drama about the struggles of farmland in Indiana. It also has a little twist into the Sci-Fi genre, with a young wheel-chaired boy trying to convince his single mother that "something" is going to come down and make things better.

I suggest anyone who enjoys watching dramas on Saturday night to check this out, even though the DVD is only available in Europe.

This is movie IS on you tube for anyone interested in checking it out, And i hope you choose to watch this movie!

Well, overall, I thought this was a Great film!