IMDb > The Diceman Cometh (1989) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Diceman Cometh (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Great video

Author: wildkw from United States
29 December 2005

I don't know how someone that likes to see people crack on others doesn't get this video. This guy cracks on everyone, blacks, whites, gays,it doesn't matter. The thing you have to understand with Dice is he doesn't play the politically correct game, and I am one that is glad he doesn't. I was rolling on the floor 10 minutes into this video. I happened to see this in HBO back in 89/90. Everyone I know that has seen it LOVES it. This guy can also do a pretty good impressions as seen at the end of the performance as he does Travolta, Deniro, and Pacino to a T! I wasn't crazy about the skits in the beginning of the show but that wasn't what made the show anyway. So just fast forward to the live show and you will laugh your , well you know what off.

fu@king unbelievable

Author: movieman_kev from United States
28 May 2005

Starting with a few humorous skits detailing Dice's past, it then moves into the concert footage. Andrew Dice Clay is without a doubt one of the comedy great. Riffing on pretty much everyone and everything, this stand up special is hilarious from beginning to end and transports you back to a time where he was on the way to the top of his game. In this insanely PC world we now inhabit, where so-called 'edgy' comics are watered down and homogenized (barring Sarah Silverman, of course) we need someone like the Diceman to take the stick out of our collective asses.

My Grade: A

The Dice Man and his comedy- What more can you ask for

Author: MisterWhiplash from United States
1 January 2000

The Dice Man Cometh is Andrew Dice Clay's funniest piece of comedy yet. With his imitations, mother goose rhymes, and views on the sexes, how can you not laugh. It is back when the Dice man was at his best, and this proves it.

Yikes!!!

Author: Krinda from Los Angeles, California
19 November 2000

Well, the opening scene was hilarious! What a FAMILY!

I especially liked the little kid (Jarrett Lennon?) portraying the Diceman when he was a little boy, growing up in that crazzzzzy Italian family. Wish there had been lots more of that, too!

Great comedian

Author: kanter_listairu_kalder from United States
19 August 2005

This comedian is a comical genius. Perfect timing with excellent stage presence. Watching this movie will appeal to any of your sick and disturbed side with a light comical feel. Any one can pick up this movie and instantly become a fan of the Diceman. Being a fan of Andrew Dice Clay this movie only furthered my liking of his comedy. His spins on the Mother Goose nursery rhymes are not only hilarious but original and witty. The only problem someone may have is that it's not family oriented at all, so if you do end up getting this movie, I'd suggest not showing it to your five year old kid. Pick this movie up at any store you see it and you'll love it for ever.

Awesome movie

Author: dru690 from New York
22 December 2001

This masterpiece can only be fully enjoyed by one who enjoys dirty jokes about sex. But if you do this is quite possibly the funniest thing you'll ever see. His rhymes and his storys, along with his 12 cartons of cigarettes will keep you laughing. Do your self a favor and go out and rent this as soon as possible, you'll laugh your butt off after the first minute.

awesome

Author: sweetbarboni69 from new jersey
19 August 2002

dice is the undisputed king of comedy and will be for all time unless he has a son that comes out and is funnier and dirtier.lol and to john public who wrote that when he dropped off the video and said to the dude workin there that is was dumb u shouldnt rent the dice man if u got no sense of humor pal and are afraid to hear some dirty words. that clerk at the store prolly called u a f*cking c*cksucker dumbas* when u left too lol . 10/10 stars perfect!!

Poor Excuse For A Comic

Author: john_q_public_69 from California, USA
5 January 2001

This movie was so bad that I was forced to take it back to the video store not more than ten minutes after putting it in the VCR. I didn't have any intention of getting my money back, I just wanted to get rid of the thing. As I was dropping it through the "drop-box", I said to the attendant at the counter, "This movie is stupid." The jokes were tasteless and not even funny. I wish I could have given this movie a "-1" or at least a "0" because it was a waste of film and a poor excuse for a comedy. Words to the wise: DON'T EVER WATCH THIS!!!!!! YOU'LL THANK ME LATER!!!!!!