IMDb > "Guys Like Us" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Guys Like Us" More at IMDbPro »

Too bad it was canceled

Author: VidSteh from Slovenia
5 November 2007

There are a lot of sitcoms, which are stupid but they can manage to go threw 5,6 seasons. There are some sitcoms, which are stupid and they're canceled soon after the first show. But there is also a very good and funny sitcom Guys like us from 1998, which was canceled after 13 episodes, but it didn't deserve that.

I saw this sitcom once on TV and I really liked it. Guys like us is about three guys staying under the same roof and having a good time. This was really a good show, with a lot of pure humor, excellent characters and interesting episodes. I like the episode where Sean is teaching himself a Scottish accent by watching Braveheart. He was so hilarious with his interpretation of Mel Gibson yelling: "Freedom!".

This is far more mature and intelligent version of famous sitcom Friends. The dialog is great, the acting is superb and the humor is maybe immature, but it has its style for making things funny. And the humor was not all about sex and making fun of gays (well.. there was one episode where Jared was pretending to be gay, but that's okay... nobody's perfect!) Too bad the show was canceled, because it was really really good. Well... some things don't deserve to die.

This was a really good show!

Author: Dangirl
2 September 2002

This was a really good show that didn't get the time or exposure it deserved. It had a fresh, new concept and point of view and was also very funny! The characters were hilarious and were people you could relate to. This was a quality show that was taken off the air too soon.