IMDb > Oasis... There and Then (1996) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Oasis... There and Then (V) More at IMDbPro »

The title tells the story...

Author: revival05 from Sweden
8 July 2003

Once upon a time, say somewhere between 1994 and 1997, I'm convinced that OASIS truly was the meanest, biggest and bleedin' greatest band alive. They held the world in their hands and threw it on a roller coaster ride, of which a piece is caught in this video. Noel Gallagher had the talent of 100 years of composers together, Liam had enough charisma for a millennium. Yes, it was there and then and today's Oasis perhaps only have the shell left ot these days - but it doesn't really matter, since the wonders this band made during these years (perfectly sumaried in this video) is enough for a thousand lifetimes. Even if they won't live forever, this will!

Author: Butterworthp from Leicester, england
20 January 2003

In 1995-1996 oasis were the best artist,band and many other things at the time in the world this was made right in the middle of there fame at this point they could do no wrong, Noel and liam are top draw as usual with great covers such as of cum on feel the noize.

Best Video

Author: tomchick from Toronto, Canada
29 December 1998

The Video is really great! Hard to understand what they're saying but the music is excellent. They did a great covers of "Cum on and feel the Noise" & "I Am The Walrus" by Lennon/McCartney. It's a must see for every Oasis fan!

Wonderful DVD

Author: arnorsigmarsson from Iceland
20 January 2006

This is an absolutely great DVD, it is recorded in Earls Aourt in London and in Main Road in Manchester, 120.000 people saw this and it is great. Their best songs and they perform them perfectly. Liam is also very solid and he is probably the coolest person in history, Noel plays the guitar so well, some of the solos he does are just crazy. Sometimes after the songs they cut videos of them telling stories of the band. All the songs are brilliant but I have to mention Wonderwall, Acquiesce and the two covers I Am The Valrus and Cum On Feel The Noise, these are really great. Probably their best selection of songs on a DVD I have ever seen. A must see for every Oasis fan. Enjoy!!!!

One of the greatest moments in Rock´n Roll history

Author: timbo1999 from Kiel, Germany
2 November 2000

This video show all the expierence and all the power of Oasis on your TV. On 13. november 2000 the new Oasis video "Familiar to millions" will be released, everyone who liked "...there and then" should have a look on the new video wich was filmed in the Wembley Stadium this summer.

Live Forever! Tim

Simply the best

Author: jurros81 from Norway
5 January 2012

What can I say... Supersonic, Swamp song, Hello, Wonderwall, Champagne supernova, talk to night, whatever ..

They have simply moved a generation. And in 2012 Oasis is known as Noel Gallagher High flying birds and Liam's Beady Eye, they still deliver the classic tunes.

Face it all you young kids, nothing will ever come around as good as this

From the best band in the world to the best fans in the World, Good Night!

Rock n Roll Stars

Author: Pete_B_Leeds from England
11 April 2001

Hey now, some might say that this is Supersonic. And I'm one of them!

Its definitely maybe one of the best rock n roll films ever made, and it captures Oasis in all their morning glory. The female backing singer is great, she's electric.

People said Oasis were going nowhere but now they will listen up. Those people should stay in their rocking chair, because Oasis will live forever.

They bring it on down with acquiesce - do you know what I mean?

Great video

Author: Valorie Tucker ( from Hampton, Virginia USA
14 August 1999

I've watched this movie about 20 times and It's still just as good as the day I bought it. I've seen Oasis live and this movie captures the essence that every live show does. I love it, Noel and Liam and the rest make up such a perfect team of musicians, it's amazing to see them live. Mad For It. The Best There Ever Was and The Best There Ever Will Be.

Britpop at it's best !

Author: Ariane ( from Italy
8 July 1999

90 minutes of great music : straight, brilliant and pure check out those infectious riffs A must see for every oasis fan

There Then. And Wow

Author: John Robert Connolly ( from Port Talbot South Wales
7 October 2002

Having First seen This On TV, Way Back In 1999, Oasis Were Not A Fashionable Band at the time. Bonehead And Guigs Had Just Left The Band, and Oasis Fans Wanted a boost. I See This Video, and realised, it was all about the music. It didnt matter what people thought of oasis, or who played the songs.

And Thats What This Vid Showed. That There Were 5 (Sometimes More) People Playing To A Large Crowed. All The Songs Were Awesome, With Liam's Vocals Great. Noel Was On Top form With His Solos, and alans Drumming, showed why he is the most underrated Drummer In the uk. Bonehead and guigs Played Their Parts Better than expected, and the big orchestra, along with the bootleg Beatels showed me how to put on a live music show.