Its Madonna !

Author: James L. from Somewhere in New Jersey
25 August 2000

Hey, I'm a Madonna fanatic . Are you? If you are you'll love this ! You see her in all her morphing, sexual beauty here. We go through elaborately , complexly produced numbers of " Like a Virgin", " Deeper and Deeper", " Holiday", " Everybody", " Justify my Love", and just about every other hit of hers. plus we have a circus-like number designed especially for this , " The Beast Within" , and a crazy version of " Bananas"!. Great. You'll still remember some of the great numbers years after you see this!sexy!

Theatrical piece

Author: Rose_St from The Netherlands
15 April 2002

What can I say? It's a theatrical piece. Everything that's going on has a meaning. You can't compare it to anything else. As always she's a little nasty every once in a while, but that's what we like to see.

Madonna at the peak of her career

Author: Patrik (patrik@vicetech.se) from Sweden
24 January 2002

Simply the best concert ive ever seen, if u like Madonna see this awesome sound. You can also tell that Madonna is a perfectionist and a pro at what she does. She is such an entertainer !!! :-)

The Girlie Show

Author: arton9 from Australia
27 June 2008

I remember when this show came to Sydney and Madonna was in the news walking out of the airport with a didgeridoo in her hand. It was entertaining to have a major pop star in Australia. I would of bought a ticket but I was only 16 at the time and I wasn't going to go in the city by myself. Anyway as for the show it was great to see a release on DVD and the footage here is consistent. Great dancing and theatrics, this show was more theatrical than Blond Ambition. My favorite part of the show is when she sings "Like a Virgin" in a Marlene Dietrich style voice, and the costumes for the "Justify My Love" number. Overall a great concert. I wonder if Madonna will ever come out here again.

If you love sex and a lot of it in a pop concert spectacular, you'll like Girlie!

Author: charlessmith702210 from United States
24 February 2007

Sandra Bernhard would like this a lot. Like her, Madonna shines greatly in this spectacular show of rock/pop, sex, dancing, and even a little bit of comedy and circus in between.

The opening song, "Erotic", is almost like a very good example of "Striptease" (the movie with Demi Moore) with a pole dancer, and then Madonna himself doing some sadistic sexual dancing. But "Fever" was even better, as Madonna danced with several male dancers in a strong masseuse style. The song ends with Madonna sinking to the ground as a fire circle goes around her. Even though the whole show lacks a lot of pyrotechnics (there was only one passive effect pyrotechnic explosion for the confetti streamers on "Holiday"), the whole show was great enough with the dancing.

But "Deeper and Deeper" is the best. There is the party atmosphere that Sandra Bernhard would like. The music ends with all of the dancers falling in love with each other with perhaps the dirtiest dancing of all--perhaps the most exciting orgy scenes in any concert on VHS or DVD. The orgy dissolves into the "Why Is It So Hard To Love One Another", which tells the whole audience why you cannot depend on just sex alone to win your own heart---it is love that takes precedence then just overt sex.

The "Holiday" song had a new twist with the dancers and Madonna wearing military uniforms, with Madonna acting like a pretend drill sergeant.

In "The Beast Within", with Madonna playing a voice-over, there is a Sandra Bernhard quality as the dancers portray something like what happens at the end of the "Lord of the Flies."

Another Sandra Bernhard mentality occurs when she sings "In This Life", where Madonna pays homage to one of her best friends who died of AIDS. With that song, Madonna also pays homage to the LGBT people as well as the straight people.

One song that was not on the definite list, the "Banana" song, had a "Salsa-in-English" mentality. This was good for people who could not know Spanish.

In the "La Isla Bonita" song, the feeling of samba is there, but there was some pretty good mixing of Latin fusion as well as samba.

The backup band that played in the show is a little similar to Sandra's "Rebellious Jezebels"...but not too much. Omar Hakim, who played the drums, should take the cake for adding the rhythmic fire that runs most of the show. His drumming style is almost similar to DJ Blair, who played for the newest funk bass star, Victor Wooten. Omar's drum grooves was part of the reason why the show was great--you can't have an exciting sex-filled rock show without drums.