IMDb > "Seven Days" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Seven Days"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Seven Days" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

I miss this show terribly

Author: rachel_lb from Boston, MA
11 June 2002

Usually, I'm not a big fan of science fiction. But when I heard Jonathan LaPaglia was getting his own series, I just had to check it out. I was not disappointed. "7 Days" was an awesome mix of sci-fi, action, drama, suspense, and dark comedy. Frank B. Parker, the Chrononaut (aka time traveler), was a mischief-maker and had a lot of emotional and mental problems. But deep inside he was a good guy -- he did the right thing by saving the country (sometimes even the world) because it was his job and honor to do it.

I wish UPN had given this show a better chance, rather than shuffling it around and taking it for granted. I miss it, but I'll always be thankful I watched it.

How I Feel About "7 Days"

Author: wkuangel2003 from Tennessee, USA
13 August 2003

I too LOVE this show.....I watch the re-runs every night....it comes on at 1 A.M. where I live, but I always watch it!!! It's a very fun show...if only we could accomplish this in real life!!! Oh yea, and for the females that don't like the action stuff, Johnathan LaPaglia is hot so that should make you tune in....I personally love the action & a hot lead star helps make it even better, but that's not the only reason I like the show!!!! I haven't seen an episode that I don't like....they have great story-lines!!!

Let's do the timewarp again!

Author: Skyrcket from Elkhart, IN
28 June 1999

Even though the premise may seem repetitive, this is a very creative show. They really aren't keeping the horse in the barn on this one. Every week there's a interesting mission or twist on the concept of time travel. The characters are very unique and are well portrayed. This is the best time travel show since Dr. Who.

YES! Another good one put on the air by UPN!

Author: mike-320 from Ithaca, NY
15 March 2000

I really enjoy this movie along with Star Trek: Voyager. I myself along with others have wondered why Frank doesn't run into himself 7 days in the past but I think this show is really good. Frank goes back to prevent disasters. I also agree that it does always have the same basic story but it is intriguing to see what Frank has to do or prevent next. All of these negative critics don't take the time to actually watch the show. They just look for faults. Watch the show, you will be satisfied.

Time travel, sexy russian scientist, chemistry

Author: MuggySphere from Adelaide, Australia
26 April 2003

I absolutely LOVE time travel, and anything to do with that be it books, movies, or TV shows. And guess what this show came along and wow I loved it...

I watched most of the episodes when they were on TV here and I really got to like the show. From the never ending come ons Frank did to Olga to try and woo her to the various missions he did. Some of the show did at times get a bit repititious but I glossed over that and just enjoyed the show for what

it was, which was entertaining....

It's a pity our local TV station gave it a bad run but I live in hope this will come to DVD and then I'll probably buy the whole set....

Very Enjoyable Series

Author: shutupslicer from IL, USA
10 August 2000

This is a great series. While it had the problem of being the same every week, the producers were able to create different stories and situations to avoid that. The interactions between the characters are very good. You can't help but like these people. I always crack a smile when Frank is trying to flirt with Olga, the bickering between Frank and Ramsey, or when we get a peek into Dr. Ballard's amazingly good love life. This is a great show. Very light. A great watch when trying to unwind after a long day.

As for the reason why Frank doesn't run into himself: Because when Frank goes back in time, he "jumps" into himself minus a week. That's how Never Never Land knows a backstep has taken place. Frank and the Sphere disappear. Regards. :-)

I LOVE time travel shows!!!

Author: MsKarol
14 September 2002

I love time travel shows and Seven Days was one of the best series out there...I especially enjoyed "Empty Quiver" (episode # 3.16) 3/21/2001. I thought it was way cool to go back in time and see Molly as a young girl...the girl who played Young Molly (Jenny-Lynn Hutcheson) was really good...one scene she was crying and explaining what she sees and my heart just went out to her...soooooo emotionally convincing...I will never tire of time travel shows, especially good ones like Seven Days...anyways I was very sad when it was canceled!!

A Great Show

Author: Ruth from Ohio, USA
19 April 2000

This is one of the best shows I've seen. It has a lot of character development and great plots. The second season has been a little weak so far, but has gotten much better as it's gone on. It's a shame it has to be on UPN because UPN isn't shown in all parts of the country.

Let's do it again!

Author: Stibbert from Norway
27 January 2006

To make a series with a story based on time travel is quite tricky. There are a lot of theories and logic to consider. Seven Days may not always get this right. It certainly has it flaws and errors, but if you don't take it all to serious and don't think too much about it this show will be quite entertaining and enjoyable.

Frank Parker is pulled out of a secret mental institution and trained to be the chrononaut in a secret government project called Backstep. From the remains of the Roswell crash they have managed to build a device that can send one man seven days back in time. Under NSA control a Backstep is issued to correct events concerning national security.

If you take this series all too serious you will get disappointed cause this show don't take it self all that serious. This series is a nice mix of action, sci-fi and comedy. This blending is nice and well done and the writing is generally good. It could've been a lot better, but the nice punchlines and great characters make up for a occasional less good story. Most of the stories are good. Not all are original, but it's entertaining.

The cast is good. Jonathan LaPaglia does a good job in portraying Frank Parker. He mix the insane, sane and comic really well. Along with Justina Vail as Dr. Vukavitch the two make a pretty pair of characters and actors. They go well together and kind of steals the show. The rest of the cast is great too and they go well together. The general performance is good, but there are a little miss here and there.

Scott Gilman has done a very nice job scoring this series. The music is fitting and really gets you in the right mood. The theme is kicking and cool and so is the rest of the music.

The cinematography is OK. There are an occasional shot that sticks out as really nice, but in general it's nothing really special. The lightning is at times very good and over all good. When it comes to CGI and effects this series has quite a few. The sphere and time travel effects are good, but the for instance the CGI explosions are rather obvious fake and less good, but they do the job and it could have looked a lot worse.

Over all Seven Days is an entertaining and enjoyable show. If you don't take it too serious and don't get caught up in the science and logic (where you'll find a lot of errors) you can safely watch this show. It's not a must see, but it's certainly not a bad thing to watch when nothing else is on.

Fun but short-lived time travel show

Author: ctomvelu1 from United States
14 July 2009

Anthony LaPaglia's brother, Jon, starred in this short-lived sci-fi series about a government agent who can travel a short distance back in time and does so on behalf of a secret agency that tries to right some recent wrongs. Like the U.S inadvertently starting World War III. The show was a knockoff of TIME COP, but with its own peculiar charm. LaPaglia is the usually cool, calm and collected type who occasionally gets a bit frantic trying to make things right. One memorable episode, the plot of which has turned up in virtually every time travel show or movie ever made, has the agent returning to an altered present where no one believes or knows him. In that case, trying to make things right almost gets our valiant hero killed. The rest of the cast is generic. You can see their lookalikes/soundalikes on current shows like EUREKA and any CSI series. Keep your eye on LaPaglia and enjoy the ride. Too bad the show didn't last longer than it did. Admittedly, it was a low-budget effort, which couldn't have helped.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]