IMDb > "The New Super Mario World" (1991) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The New Super Mario World" More at IMDbPro »

Mama Mia! Super Mario World Comes to Animated Life!

Author: (robocoptng986127@aol.com) from U.S.A
26 November 2002

I remember this show a little better than the Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon. I never saw the Captain N part. Mario, Luigi, Princess Toadstool and their dino pal, Yoshi, are terrorized by King Koopa and his Koopa kids: Cheatsie, Big Mouth, Cootie Pie, Kooky, Bully, Hip and Hop. I remember the episode where Mario and Luigi reinvent the telephone with coconut shells and vines. They also build stoneage automobiles. Koopa steals the idea and makes real road terrors! I also remember the one where Yoshi eats the bamboo poles Mario and Luigi used to put in plumbing and when Mario blows up at Yoshi, he runs away and joins a motorcycle gang. I also remember the one where Koopa opens a fast food joint that hooks Mario, Luigi and Yoshi! How about the one where Koopa starts a circus and makes Mario a part of the lion taming act. Or the one where Koopa introduces television to everyone. And finally, the one where Luigi tells Yoshi the story of how he found him in an egg.

Yeah, there were many memorable episodes here. It's done in the same style as the Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon. These two were also good video games! Anyway, in conclusion, the Super Mario World cartoon was okay. I found it amusing.

It's a mix

Author: Op_Prime from Ardmore, PA
13 January 2000

With this show it's a mix. It's good, yet it's bad. To start with the bad stuff, animation was really down here. Super Mario World fared okay, but Captain N was really bad when it came to animation. I can't recall the Captain N segments as well, but with Super Mario World, I remember there always being an annoying song that slowed down the show. Stories for both were okay, some lacking, but overall okay. It's good and bad.

Yoshi Rocks

Author: Colony from Greencastle, Indiana
14 May 2003

I don't remember this show very much, but I remember it a little bit. I remember thinking that Yoshi was cool. In fact, I still think that.

There's one episode in particular in which we learn that Yoshi is afraid of water (in the video game, however, Yoshi has no problem with water. Also, all of Koopa's kids have completely different names than they do in the video game. Why?). But, he overcomes his fears to save a pirhana plant trapped in a melting ice cave. Isn't that cool.

I think there was an episode where Yoshi and Mario played football against Koopa's kids. That was cool too.

From what I remember, this show was good. Some episodes are available on DVD, along with a couple Legend of Zelda bonus cartoons. Mind you, those bonus Zelda cartoons are pre-Link to the Past, and for some reason Link is portrayed as a wisecracking jerk, trying to woo the princess. I prefer the quiet guy who just went out to save his country from evil. I even prefer the big-headed, cel-shaded Link.

That's Mama Luigi To You, Mario! *wheeze*

Author: JayP129 from United States
10 January 2009

I've only watched half of the episodes on YouTube and this show is great! I hope i can get the DVD, i'll treasure it. Oh also the Mama Luigi episode is the one that started YTP. "You Know What They Say In Brookyln, Early To Bed Early To Catch The Worm...Or Is It The Bagel?", "Koopa Football Players Took The Princess.", "That's Mama Luigi To You Mario *wheeze*". Watch YouTube Poop People! I am promoting it! It's easy to do! Just search it on YouTube! C'mon! Watch It! Please! They're Funny! Why am I Writing so much?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Search It! Just Making Sure! Are you still reading this still?! This has nothing to do with the Super Mario World show, does it?! l*_*l Super☆Mario☆World.

Captain N, what a joke

Author: Mike Hunt from Hellbourne
16 May 2006

The Mario World show itself wasn't all that great, but they seemed a lot better then those stupid cartoons of Captain-N they showed in between the episodes. They're just bad, bad, bad, bad... not to forget lame, lame, lame, lame.

Also the names of the Koopa kids seem to be different from the games. I cant remember them, but I thought it was weird hearing different ones as to what I was familiar with. I loved Mario World on SNES, but this cartoon doesn't do it any justice.

It may entertain the young-in's but it's nothing to be excited about seeing.

The DVD's for Mario World are available from www.ezydvd.com.au (region 4) but there not worth it I don't think unless you a re a super die hard fan of Mario.