IMDb > The Debtors (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Debtors More at IMDbPro »

Quite possibly the worst film ever made.

Author: Rod Duggan from United Kingdom
14 April 2005

Comprising an embarrassing performance of a dreadful script by Michael Caine, who must pray daily that nobody mentions this film in interviews, and a clumsy fake cockney accent by an American actor that puts Dick van Dyke (Mary Poppins)in the shadows. This film goes to great lengths to dovetail so many unfunny and badly scripted elements into one gross ordeal. There is so much swearing in this "comedy" that there was a $100 sweep, funded by Evi Quaid for whoever could guess the amount of f***'s in the film. The winning figure was 126. That sums it all up, really. Ramstein brighten it up with the music and the flamboyant scenery but really do go beyond the bounds of taste with their overtly sexual display. Occasionally seeing something really badly made can be invigorating, and a welcome break from the run of blandness that movies often cling to, and in this case I would recommend seeing this movie, then you can appreciate the good films so much more afterwards.

This film is cool, there was true effort in the project.

Author: whatismyc (whatismyc@yahoo.com) from United States
4 August 2005

I know I got to play my self in one of the scenes, MYC the Top Male Model. :) Great, you get it. I had an amazing vantage point to see these major actors going at it.

Not to spoil it for you, let me just say it is an adventure in what to say. There are commits about the language but they come from the trite. Trust me the rental fee is worth it and they speared no $$$ on the sets or the locations.

Anyway, it was great to see Michael Caine's approach to acting. He is gifted and so was the whole team on this film. Watch it! Buy it!

Randy Quaid's Best Movie

Author: surfmantis33 from Orlando, FL
23 November 2002

One of the best movies ever made. Directed by Randy Quaid's wife and costarring Quaid and Michael Caine (of Austin Powers fame) this film can be described as nothing short of cinematic brilliance. Its few shortcomings are easily overshadowed by its intrigue, beauty, and pure enjoyability. Great Movie.