IMDb > "Maggie" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Maggie" More at IMDbPro »

Enjoyable Well Rounded Show

Author: jmatrixrenegade (jmatrixrenegade@aol.com) from NYC
24 May 2000

Those Cusacks continue to do a great job; Ann Cusack, one of the lesser known members of the clan, shined in her role as Maggie, a middle-aged woman starting again in veterinary school, and re-examining her life in the process. The actors all around do a good job and gave me a nice enjoyable viewing experience each time I watched it. I was not totally in support of the plot turn in which Maggie separated from her husband, but it was not handled in a totally obvious way either. It did make the husband a bit too much of a buffoon. I was crushed when it was taken off the schedule, while the rather tiring "Oh Baby" stuck around. Surely, it was one, if not the best, original shows Lifetime (with its share of tired shows and movies) had to offer.

"Maggie" is my all-time favorite show

Author: sheepdog-3 from USA
22 August 1999

I've been watching tv for years and have never enjoyed a show this much. "Maggie" is my all-time favorite tv show. I love everything about this show: the veterinarian storyline, the humor, the look of the sets and the cast is perfection, especially Ann Cusack and John Slattery, who have a wonderful chemistry together. This show is fresh and unique and always makes me smile. "Maggie" is what a tv show should be.

Terrific sitcom

Author: etcetera-3 from Annapolis, MD
7 September 1999

I agree with the previous comments. Ann Cusack and John Slattery, in particular, are wonderful. I was looking forward to seeing a new season and what was to develop (fully) between Ann and John. I am hoping that Lifetime brings the show back at another time. It would be a shame to have lost a funny, sweet, clever show such as "Maggie".

I ADORE this show. It's unique, romantic, funny, and clever.

Author: Gin-8 from CA, USA
14 July 1999

Ann Cusack is wonderful in her role as Maggie -- she's beautiful, has great comedic timing and energy, and looks like she's a great dancer as well.

The supporting cast is excellent. The characters are well-defined and people seem to be genuinely enjoying themselves.

The storyline/plot is unlike anything else on TV, which may be in large part due to the freedom of cable vs. the network shows.

The show manages to stay a step above the base humor of many shows, is very creative with the episode plots and character development, and is just thoroughly enjoyable.

I've never been this "into" a TV show before and I'm glad to see a romantic comedy sitcom again, especially one so well done.

I'm not sure when the show is currently on (if it is); I'm awaiting a response from Lifetime as to the show's rescheduling.