IMDb > "Inside Edition" (1988) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Inside Edition" More at IMDbPro »

New York Post TV

Author: getyourdander from United States
22 January 2013

This show is like a television New York Post. The difference is it is more boring and less informative than Murdocks paper. The thing with this too is that following the extremely poor Entertainment tonight, it might on first pass look better. Once you watch it a little though, you realize it is brutal and poor.

NBC dumped Deborah Norville over here. She really has not been able to help. It seems that Norville, though better than some of the folks who are reporters on these, can't make up for poorly written and researched stories. Nothing against Norville as even NBC was having trouble getting her good material.

The fact is that when you give someone on screen a script of half-written rubbish, it is not easy for the person to make it entertaining. I am not sure if anyone could make this show better, though the Cookie Monster and Pee Wee Herman could make it worse I suppose.

Not a great source of information here. Can not find shocking enough material to draw ratings as of yet.

Evolved over Time!!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
10 September 2007

Inside Edition was just another news show which featured a focus on celebrities and tabloid journalism. They followed the O.J. Trial and other cases that brought media attention too like Robert Blake as well. Inside Edition is okay but it's not great or much different from other tabloid news shows. Deborah Norville who used to be on Today as Jane Pauley's successor is now anchoring this show. Inside Edition may be considered tabloid journalism but they do focus on stories like the disappearance of Madeleine McGann, the British girl, who disappeared from the Portuguese resort on a family vacation. The show is not much different than the other shows on the air. They do pick the sensational news stories of the day much like everybody else. They chose to shock and jolt the audiences as well but don't have the same effect as other shows but still has a solid audience.

The best alternative news program around.

Author: Danny Blankenship from Petersburg, Virginia
14 December 2006

I for years have watched "Inside Edition" this little 30 minute news program is informative and entertaining, and it's good the program runs on a daily basis even though it's syndicated. "Inside Edition" mostly focuses on and reports news of the famous and the stars, though from time to time they have stories about the everyday citizen. True over the years, as just with any news show changes come and go, as this program use to report more on crime and world events, still the reports come in but mostly it's scandals of the famous and political figures. The latest Hollywood news is reported daily including movie news, relationship gossip, book releases, and reports on upcoming DVD's and magazines, and the awards coverage and star interviews are top notch. I must say it's always a pleasure to tune in and see this show hosted by ex Georgia beauty queen Deborah Norville, she always dresses in the most colorful and elegant clothing she makes just a fabulous host and does such a fine job. Interviews and reporting of awards shows and hot stories are done now by the beautiful and voluptuous Lisa Guerrero, who was a former "Monday Night Football" sideline reporter, well Lisa has now found her niche as an entertainment reporter. "Inside Edition" is always a pleasure to watch it's clearly the best alternative news show around.

Good news magazine show

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
24 July 2007

"INSIDE EDITION," in my opinion, is a good news magazine show. I enjoyed seeing Deborah Norville as the main anchor. There are many reasons why I said that. Also, I had no idea that Bill O'Reilly was an anchor on this show before her present work on "THE O'REILLY FACTOR." If you ask me, it seems that nobody stays with a TV show throughout its entire run anymore. Still, I enjoyed hearing about what's happening in the world. The only thing I didn't like hearing about was when someone had been murdered or gone missing. Now, in conclusion, if some network ever bring this show back, I highly recommend it to all you die-hard news magazine fans. You will really enjoy it.