IMDb > Love Songs (1999) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Love Songs (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Wonderfully realized trilogy.

Author: FlossieD from United States
9 June 1999

This trilogy of "love songs" promotes the spirit of good inside people, and completely transcends the racial question you think might be coming. These are simply men and women trying to get along in a perverse world, to find love and peace in their lives. Well-written, smart, and uplifting though not in a gratuitous way, "Love Stories" is one of the best trilogy movies I've ever seen. Each segment is loosely tied into the other, and each segues into the another seamlessly, sort of like visiting a few of the folks on the block for an hour and a half. This is cable TV at its very finest.

Only for fans of Braugher, Gossett and Townsend.

Author: Hermit C-2 from Marietta, GA, USA
27 August 1999

This is a made-for-cable movie with three intertwining segments, one starring Robert Townsend, one with Louis Gossett Jr. and the third features Andre Braugher. Each man directed a segment as well, a first for each, I believe, but no one directed the one he starred in. The stories are all slices of life in an urban setting, with some of the same characters showing up in more than one segment. It might sound more interesting than it is, because there is nothing here that's really outstanding. All the stories are a little too ordinary and each man has done better work before. There's nothing bad here, but nothing distinguishing either. At best it's a fairly pleasant way to while away some free time.

A Wonderful Trilogy

Author: queennbm
4 February 2001

I stumbled upon this movie and am so glad I did. I thought I knew what would happen. But this movie was far from predictable. A must see. It's nice to see good movies that don't resort to 2 hours of profanities, sex, and violence for the sake of it. Thank you Andre, Robert and Louis