IMDb > Stuart Little (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Stuart Little

Stuart Little More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 18: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Adults can get something out of this film too...

Author: pinchadiscos from Vancouver, Canada
21 April 2000

I saw Stuart Little a few months ago with my little brother... and he absolutely loved it. Me? Yeah i like it! I am 17-year-old guy, and I actually get into a film like this... the animation is excellent, and i enjoyed the whole movie!

The predictable plot (im not blaming it since it's a children's film) is very nicely done... i didn't get bored at all! It's very cute and sweet, and the humour in the film is very good too... and the whole idea of 'family' is being presented very well!!!

There are a few problems - the story got a little lame during the middle of the film, and the sound of the mouse is just not right somehow (i have the same feeling towards Winnie the Pooh... the sound is just too low for a cute character like that) but generally it is very well done... Trust me, adults can get something out of this film as well. Get the video when it comes out! :)

Rating: 7/10

Great Movie...

Author: Gregory Johnson (exitout43@webtv.net) from Dayton, Ohio
20 April 2000

Great movie to be enjoyed by all members of your family..it has character and meaning and fun all rolled up in one cute film. Michael J. Fox is..."Stuart Little" see this movie with your cute button turned on.

Wish I was a kid again...

Author: funkyguy101 from Melbourne, Australia
16 April 2000

Now, whoever's going on about untrue to the EB White story this is or about traumatising kids, shame on you! Let's just remember one thing: it is a kid's movie. It is meant to please those with a mental capacity of anyone from 5 to 8 years old... you know, those who don't know or even care about how plausible a human family adopting a mouse is or how faithful to the original it is.

Stuart Little is a wonderful movie about a little mouse who's adopted by a human family. I had a great time, and I'm pretty sure that everyone in the cinema with me did too. The special effects are wonderful and the humour actually humour! You know, not the dirty kind that makes a few people laugh but everyone else uncomfortable? I was at least able to kick back for an hour or so and just remember what it was like to be a kid again, where being entertained and fascinated is just so easy. Wish I was a kid again!

A delightful, engaging story

Author: tigerdg from Portland, OR
27 March 2000

Although this movie bears little (no pun intended) resemblance to the book on which is was based, it is a quite thoroughly entertaining adventure and enjoyable story. Jonathan Lipnicki is delightful as Stuart's brother George, and both are sure to win your heart. The credits are reminiscent of "Antz," with a little extra scene of an interchange between George and Stuart that alone is worth the price of admission. Go see it!

Author: DanielHong.org (daniel@danielhong.org) from boston
12 March 2000

Having a mouse as a little brother? Gee, I wish I had one like the little Stuart because I wouldn't mind having the monkey from Citizen X. But in this movie, it is a huge risk for the mouse and human. As mush human qualities the little Stuart has, it is a greater disadvantage for him because people can't accept the mouse as one of their being. It is like rich snob have hard time to make friends with people in low class. So the differnces can make you become very emotional. But this difference won't be long because the efforts each characters bring to the story. Very funny thing is that little Stuart can communicate with human and Cats. The cats can communicate with little Stuart. Then can Cats communicate with human? It is like A=B, B=C, then C=A? I had to think about this equation during the movie.

Adorable

Author: Smiley-19 from jakarta
12 February 2000

I love this movie. It's so entertaining. And I love that cute little mouse. I found myself saying "aaahhhh..." most of the time, watching the scenes. All the actors were great: Geena Davis, Hugh Laurie, Jonathan Lipnicki, and of course, Michael J. Fox. Only lending his voice but still, he added the life of this movie. And of course...the cats!!!

Mice can be Men too...

Author: Japong from Philippines
11 February 2000

Stuart Little is so human-like that you'd think he's a young boy trapped in a mouse's body. Even during the first time Mr. and Mrs. Little meet him you'd think they were talking to just another "one of the boys".

The vocal characterizations and animations of the animals here are very good, even better than the "talking pig" films ('Gordy' and the 2 'Babes'...) You could say they developed MORE characters using LESS species. Definitely recommended family entertainment...

Nice frame...lousy picture.

Author: XFile from Liverpool, NY
30 January 2000

If not for the overwhelmingly great special effects (undoubtedly the best put forth in a film of this genre to date) this movie would have died a quick death. The best actors in this flick were the ones you never see ie. the "voices". MJ Fox, Nathan Lane, Chaz Palminteri, Bruno Kirby...ALL did a great job. The ones you DO get see are...well....lame. The Littles were the most unbelievable couple ever. I know this was a fantasy and all that but they could have at least acknowledge Stuart was a mouse from the get-go. Too weird for me. The kids didn't seem to impressed either. When the kids stop talking about the movie before we get 50 yards from the theater I know it was a real tanker. We should have waited for the video. We could NOT buy that just as easily as we could have skipped this lame-o flick.

This was one of the worst films ever made.

Author: Math Wiz (andrewpitts@hotmail.com) from Houston, Texas
29 January 2000

I didn't like the movie "Stuart Little." I have to admit, the mouse was awfully cute, but the storyline of the movie was completely different from the storyline of the book. First of all, in the book, the humans didn't talk to Stuart Little or adopt him from an adoption agency. The movie totally skips over the part about the bird that is a major part in the book "Stuart Little." Too many movies today completely miss the point that the book they are made from is trying to express. That is my opinion of the movie "Stuart Little."

surprisingly awful

Author: Ed-90 from New England
27 January 2000

I guess I expected at least an average-ly interesting children's film. I was surprised at how abysmal it was--I couldn't tell if it was meant to be a "spoof", given the portrayal of the parents who were firmer with their cat than with their sullen son. It made no sense why that son found Stuart so undesirable as a "brother," as the mouse was quite cute. The parents were silly, impotent fools...was that part of the humor? The best part, perhaps, was Michael J. Fox's voice as Stuart...but be warned: my own children found the film as dully annoying as I did.