IMDb > Stuart Little (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Stuart Little

Stuart Little More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 18: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

A delight from start to finish

Author: peaches 'n' cream from Alabama
17 July 2000

I don't know what gripes anybody might have had with this lovely film, but don't listen to them, just believe ME, this movie has the most engaging characters and is a joy for everyone at any age. You'll leave the movie wishing you had a Stuart Little of your own.

the most charming film i have seen in ages

Author: rob (robbie3056@hotmail.com) from forkhill, ireland
6 July 2000

stuart little is almost perfect family entertainment. michael j fox is perfect for stuart and johnathan lipsniki is nearly as cool as he was in jerry maguire. the parents are a bit too sweet but the cat snowbell makes up for this. he is nasty and cruel and the gangster cats are hilarious but menacing. the special effects are amazing. i think stuart little 2 will kick ass.

A Cute Kiddy (Not Kitty) Film

Author: Kachina-2 from Wild Wild West
16 June 2000

I just browsed the message board for this film and couldn't believe all the negative responses. It's a kid's film, nothing more, or less. As for it being worse than "The Blair Witch Project" at least "Stuart Little" had a mouse in it! Where in the entire "Blair Witch" was there a witch? (Ok, there could be an case made for the female lead, but I was referring to a supernatural witch). The special effects were really good and Michael J. Fox was the perfect choice for the voice of Stuart. Nathan Lane (as usual) turned in a wonderful performance as the cat. As a matter of record, my cat was not offended. I think he slept through most of it. Bottom line, for a good film for the kids to see, check out "Stuart Little".

A cute family movie. Good for kids and adults alike.

Author: Chad Stratton from Maine, USA
16 June 2000

A cute family movie. Good for kids and adults alike. I actually like the parts with the cats in them better than the others. The felines steal the show. Being a cat owner, I thought they did real well having them act like cats do. A very entertaining movie, though they don't get the mouse in the end! E:)

Great fantasy story

Author: nicolemickolick (nicolemickolick@hotmail.com) from johnstown, pa
8 June 2000

Stuart Little is a wonderful movie for children of all ages. My sister took my seven year old to see it, he thought it was great. My two year old even sat and watched it on video. It is a great fantasy story for all children.

Fine Little Film

Author: jacktorr from Wake Forest NC
5 June 2000

I got this off Pay per view for my 6-yr-old and found myself watching it with her over and over. To echo some of the other comments, a refreshing little children's film. I was really impressed by the sets and how they gave a sort of "Sunday morning comics" feel to the whole film. If you liked Homeward Bound, you'll probably like this. If not, watch something else.

Very sweet, although not up to Classic Disney standards.

Author: pharalinga from Oregon, USA
4 June 2000

Columbia / TriStar are going to have to go some to create childrens / Family theater. The language keeps my four and five year olds from seeing this. Too bad. It was a cute little film and a bit too young for children ten and older. The cast was very good and worked well together. Fox and Lane are always a treat.

Grade B

my thoughts on stuart little

Author: DAVID SMITH (CUBWOLF) from Leicester, England
3 June 2000

What a great movie!Myself and my 4 kids have watched it again and again.Magical is the word i would use to describe this film.The whole feel of the movie is fairytale like and even though you get to see the trickery at the end of the film(on dvd anyway)you still cant help thinking that stuart is real.

A great Kid's movie

Author: justvoodo (justvoodo@aol.com)
1 June 2000

This is great movie for kids to watch, it teaches them that the differences between people are not important, and that it truly is what's inside that counts. It is hard in this day and age to find movies for kids that have morals,like this movie does and still have comedy to keep the kids entertained.

Not Quite

Author: Signet from Baltimore
1 June 2000

What a disappointment. Despite the amazing computer animation, the film falls flat. Too scary for tots, too silly for adults. it doesn't seem to be aimed at any audience. If Nathan Lane (the cat) eats Michael J. Fox (the mouse), maybe they'll have an interesting sequel.