IMDb > Stuart Little (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Stuart Little

Stuart Little More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 18: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Boring, predictable and not the least bit amusing

Author: blaircam from Perth, Australia
10 February 2002

That's about all I have to say about this film. Not only was there nothing for adults, there was nothing here for children. My nine month old could tell you what was going to happen in every scene. Wake up people, this is not a 6/10 movie. It is corny and sickeningly sweet. My vote 4/10

The Best Film For My Kids and The Kid In Me I've Seen.*****

Author: Tony Daryn from Canada
10 February 2002

In a world with so much violence,fear and tragedy this wonderful "LITTLE" movie makes it all go away for an hour or so. Do yourself a huge favour and watch this movie. Do somebody else a favour and tell them to do likewise.

"Nothing for adults" - nonsense, there's plenty...

Author: Paul Zach (zach@sph.com.sg) from Singapore
28 January 2002

It is so tiresome to read comments from adults such as - Stuart Little is great for kids but there's nothing much for adults here. Sure there's no foul language, no adults blowing each other up, no adults screwing each other over. If adults watched this and other movies for children - like I do with my first son who is now 18-months-old - this world would be much more wonderful place to live than it is now. Adults are all that is wrong with this world.

five out of five stars

A great family Movie

Author: Spwysteve from Palos Park, IL USA
28 January 2002

This is a great movie for parents to watch with thier kids. How can you not even like this film. Even with stars in here like Geena Davis, Hugh Laurie, Michael J. Fox, Jonthan Lipnicki, Dabeney Coleman, Julia Sweeney and Patch Adams' Harold Gould. As the movie opens, Mr. Little and Mrs. Little (Hugh Laurie and Geene Davis) decide to adopt a younger brother for George Little (Jonthan Lipnicki). But instead of coming home with a boy, they come home with a mouse they named Stuart Little (voice of Michael J. Fox). And the family cat named Snowbell (voice of Nathan Lane) doesn't like the idea of having Staurt Little as a master instead of lunch. After the movie was over, I wished to have seen more of Jonthan Lipnicki. He was in and out of the movie. And while they had Geene Davis in about every scene in the movie. Somebody better remind her this isn't the Genna Davis movie.

Great for all the family!!

Author: Debbee
3 December 2001

Lovely, quirky film for all the family... I bought it for the kids but have found myself sitting down to watch it with them several times. The sets and style reminded me of a comic book - similar to 'Dick Tracy' I guess... The action never stops and the attention to detail animating Stuart and the other mice is fantastic!!

Good story and technique, but still there are flaws

Author: rainy (r6144@263.net) from Shanghai, China
9 November 2001

The storyline is a bit moving and the little mouse is REALLY cute. Just right for my taste.

However, the latter half of the movie is kind of boring, so it is not so great a piece to be remembered.

After all, I recommend watching it, just for the little Stuart.

Inoffensive way to spend a couple of hours

Author: ScoopIrish from Atlanta, GA
1 September 2001

Mostly harmless. This bit of fluff doesn't challenge anyone on any level, nor does it completely bore you out of your mind. The computer animation is well done, but the story and characters are about as deep as the nice children's book they came from. Nice movie for kids, and that's about it.

Fantastic, Effects-laden Family Flick!

Author: GrantCAGE from Liverpool, ENGLAND
16 May 2001

This movie is a fantastic family flick! It's thoroughly enjoyable from the first few minutes it begins. Stuart Little (voiced by Michael J Fox) is absolutely adorable. The storyline may be quite predictable but the fun keeps rolling as surprises pop up in the movie and enhance your viewing pleasure. Stuart has some great lines and there are moments in the film that touch you so deep. Hugh Laurie and Geena Davis are good as the parents of George who initially hates the idea of a mouse as his brother. Of course it doesn't take long for the two of them to start liking eachother and, of course, there's a happy ending for everyone. Certainly not the most original flick of all-time, but a fantastic viewing pleasure is to be had by this warm-hearted, fantastic, effects-laden flick.

Funny and entertaining!

Author: Laffz00 from 10essee
9 May 2001

I first wanted to see this movie because of the visual effects and because I wanted to see why everyone else wanted to see it. My source was its great box office performance and when I did first see this movie I saw it with my 8 year-old sister and it *was* pretty funny and entertaining. M. Night Shyamalan and Greg Brooker did a great job adapting E. B. White's book of the same name. Though the "Little" parents can be fairly Bradyesque, it's supposed to be because it's a family, fantasy. Michael J. Fox has that certain voice that just goes great with family films where there are characters that wouldn't normally talk otherwise (e.g. Homeward Bound). The rest of the "Little" family and the supporting characters, whether human or voice, are all spectacular and fit their roles to a tee. The special effects were incredible. The very detail they put into the CGI mouse is unbelievable. The film/story has some great morals/themes also, like teaching children to see past what's on the outside and only judge people by what's on the inside. And the most important theme is that families should have that strong family bond and relationship that's needed to get through tough times.

My Verdict: A solid 8/10

George gets a new brother, Stuart, the mouse

Author: iprudd from Tonbridge, Kent
8 April 2001

The Littles are the typical American, apple pie family until the day that they go to the orphanage to adopt a brother for their son George and come home with one, Stuart, a mouse. This sets-up the story. Stuart is hated by the cat of the house, Snowbell and is not too popular with George.

All comes together after George and Stuart "bond" when they build a yacht together for the local model yacht race in the park. Stuart has to pilot the yacht after the remote gets broken. George beats the school bully and he and Stuart become firm friends. The cat, however, has other plans and plots Stuarts downfall which leads to the hillarious finale, can Stuart find his way back to the "Little House". The parts are played to perfection. Fox and Lane breath real life into their animated parts. Laurie, Davis and Lipnicki aren't bad either. The kids will love it, prepare to shed the odd tear