IMDb > Stuart Little (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Stuart Little

Stuart Little More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 19: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

cute but perhaps a little bit too cute

Author: andy blundell (blundell_andy@yahoo.co.uk) from warwickshire, england
30 June 2002

Charming family film about a couple who adopt a talking mouse, to the initial disgust of their son and the pet cat.

This film reminds me of the sort of stories you read to very small children. No rationale is given for the existence of a talking mouse. It is just accepted in the way that the very young, for whom everything is strange and new, accept things.

The Little family home and the views of New York have a 'chocolate-box picture' quality which adds to the air of unreality though it is very pretty.

This overwhelming cuteness, together with the rather predictable story-line prevent this from being a great family movie, though it is still a good one.

Careful with sensitive children

Author: MoonsofJupiter from Western Hemisphere
17 May 2002

Possible spoiler...?

There are some sad moments in this movie that littler children might find upsetting. My nearly five-year-old daughter broke down when the bogus mice parents came and took Stuart away. She wept again when Mrs. Little found Stuart's little sweater after he was gone. It's a cute and harmless movie, but if your kids are sensitive, watch it with them and have a box of kleenex on the couch. I spent ten minutes comforting my child...and then she cried again at the end.

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!

Author: Sherry (quintsjaws) from California
9 May 2002

If you havent yet seen this film, youre missing out on a real treat!! No matter what your age, race or gender, NO ONE can possibly NOT like this movie! Even the biggest grouch cannot possibly walk away from this film without at least a faint smile on thier lips after watching "Monty the Mouth"! If youre anything like me, who does not have a high opinion of the dredge Hollywoood is mostly turning out these days, then you MUST see this movie, because it will make you give Hollywood a second chance! The CGI animators alone will strike you dumb with awe just by what they did to those cats! On a scale of one to ten, ten being the highest, I give this film a 150+! Way to go, Hollywood!!

The Best Film For My Kids and The Kid In Me I've Seen.*****

Author: Tony Daryn from Canada
10 February 2002

In a world with so much violence,fear and tragedy this wonderful "LITTLE" movie makes it all go away for an hour or so. Do yourself a huge favour and watch this movie. Do somebody else a favour and tell them to do likewise.

A great family Movie

Author: Spwysteve from Palos Park, IL USA
28 January 2002

This is a great movie for parents to watch with thier kids. How can you not even like this film. Even with stars in here like Geena Davis, Hugh Laurie, Michael J. Fox, Jonthan Lipnicki, Dabeney Coleman, Julia Sweeney and Patch Adams' Harold Gould. As the movie opens, Mr. Little and Mrs. Little (Hugh Laurie and Geene Davis) decide to adopt a younger brother for George Little (Jonthan Lipnicki). But instead of coming home with a boy, they come home with a mouse they named Stuart Little (voice of Michael J. Fox). And the family cat named Snowbell (voice of Nathan Lane) doesn't like the idea of having Staurt Little as a master instead of lunch. After the movie was over, I wished to have seen more of Jonthan Lipnicki. He was in and out of the movie. And while they had Geene Davis in about every scene in the movie. Somebody better remind her this isn't the Genna Davis movie.

"Nothing for adults" - nonsense, there's plenty...

Author: Paul Zach (zach@sph.com.sg) from Singapore
28 January 2002

It is so tiresome to read comments from adults such as - Stuart Little is great for kids but there's nothing much for adults here. Sure there's no foul language, no adults blowing each other up, no adults screwing each other over. If adults watched this and other movies for children - like I do with my first son who is now 18-months-old - this world would be much more wonderful place to live than it is now. Adults are all that is wrong with this world.

five out of five stars

Great for all the family!!

Author: Debbee
3 December 2001

Lovely, quirky film for all the family... I bought it for the kids but have found myself sitting down to watch it with them several times. The sets and style reminded me of a comic book - similar to 'Dick Tracy' I guess... The action never stops and the attention to detail animating Stuart and the other mice is fantastic!!

Good story and technique, but still there are flaws

Author: rainy (r6144@263.net) from Shanghai, China
9 November 2001

The storyline is a bit moving and the little mouse is REALLY cute. Just right for my taste.

However, the latter half of the movie is kind of boring, so it is not so great a piece to be remembered.

After all, I recommend watching it, just for the little Stuart.

Inoffensive way to spend a couple of hours

Author: ScoopIrish from Atlanta, GA
1 September 2001

Mostly harmless. This bit of fluff doesn't challenge anyone on any level, nor does it completely bore you out of your mind. The computer animation is well done, but the story and characters are about as deep as the nice children's book they came from. Nice movie for kids, and that's about it.

Fantastic, Effects-laden Family Flick!

Author: GrantCAGE from Liverpool, ENGLAND
16 May 2001

This movie is a fantastic family flick! It's thoroughly enjoyable from the first few minutes it begins. Stuart Little (voiced by Michael J Fox) is absolutely adorable. The storyline may be quite predictable but the fun keeps rolling as surprises pop up in the movie and enhance your viewing pleasure. Stuart has some great lines and there are moments in the film that touch you so deep. Hugh Laurie and Geena Davis are good as the parents of George who initially hates the idea of a mouse as his brother. Of course it doesn't take long for the two of them to start liking eachother and, of course, there's a happy ending for everyone. Certainly not the most original flick of all-time, but a fantastic viewing pleasure is to be had by this warm-hearted, fantastic, effects-laden flick.