IMDb > Stuart Little (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Stuart Little

Stuart Little More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 19: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Adorable Light-Hearted "Tail"

Author: siamese
26 December 1999

I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Be sure to take your child to see it. It is very cleverly put together--lightly touching on various issues concerning adoption. You are drawn into the story feeling thoroughly concerned for the adorable Stuart. The other characters including the cats are hilarious!!! Adults as well as children will be impressed by the story, the special effects and the characters!

Wow!

Author: Shon R.-2 from Athens, GA
25 December 1999

Stuart Little was really funny! The acting is a little bit overdone, but it works fine in this movie which is obviously light hearted. And the special effects are really good, too. Never once does Stuart look like a piece of computer animation walking through the film (unlike effects in that silly Star Wars movie of recent vintage). The cats are the funniest things in the movie. I laughed constantly. I don't know why they had to use curse words, but that just made them funnier. Incidentally, parents, this movie is really really clean. There are a few minor swear words by those cats, but that's the only objectionable thing in the whole film. I'm impressed! Stuart Little is a creative movie with good fx, simple but original plot, good strong family values (unusual, huh?), and it's really funny! Wow!

New Children's Classic

Author: igo4it2 from Fresno, California
25 December 1999

If you liked "Babe", you will love "Stuart Little". It is funny, witty, and totally entertaining even for adults. "Especially" for adults might fit too. I took my 11 year old daughter, and she thought it was great. Each of the critters takes on their very own unique personality-very believable. The voices fit to a "T". This is one very cuuuute movie that I'm sure will be a classic.

Great message and incredible effects

Author: Thomas Teague from Orlando, Florida
25 December 1999

An adorable movie with a great message about families and acceptance. All the actors are perfectly cast, especially Michael J. Fox as the voice of Stuart. The blending of the computer animated Stuart with the live actors was seamless and amazing. Truly a marvel! A must-see for all ages.

A little mouse, a lotta charm!

Author: gregoryfamily from Toledo, Ohio
23 December 1999

This is a must see for the young at heart. Our boys, age 9 and 7, really enjoyed it (for different reasons than my wife and I did). It's another amazing example of CG animation - and good story telling, too. I hope Hollywood decides to do more "clean fun" movies like this without the gratuitous violence and/or foul language. Really suspends reality a la "Babe: A Pig In The City." Oh, and the voice characterization (especially Michael J. Fox as Stuart) was fun and believable. You gotta love it!

Stuart good for the little ones

Author: sethfan from San Jose, CA
22 December 1999

This is a fine movie to bring the little (pun intended) ones to. Parents should find nothing offensive or overly frightful in this good adaptation of E. B. White's children's novel. It presents some good traditional lessons like, "winning isn't everything, it's how you play the game," and some new ones (that even some adults need to learn) like, "you can't hold others responsible when things don't go your way." The kiddies should be fascinated by the excellent blend of CGI and live-action. Particularly noteworthy is the scene with the alley cats in the tree hunting down Stuart. There's some fine detail to watch for throughout. You actually start to believe these animals can talk and show emotion just like humans! Unfortunately, great special effects do not a great movie make, and parents might find this one a sacrafice for the sake of their children to get through. My recommendation to survive all the silly, sugar-coated, overwrought goodie-goodie dialogue and scenery is to see it as a kind of dark humor, especially in the performances of Geena Davis and Hugh Laurie. But it is Nathan Lane who steals the show. His voice-over as Snowbell - the resentful, snide, yet "mousey" house pet - is delightful. I can't imagine anyone else other than Lane doing the voice. So while the kids are enjoying the real show, the adults can have something to snicker at - but turn your head and do it to yourself, after all this one is for the children.

glad to review this

Author: pbohrk from san jose california
22 December 1999

This is a precious movie in a world of monsters and mayhem...Old fashioned fun meets with nice animation in this film about an upper class family who choose to add an orphan to their home.. For cat lovers this is especially entertaining...My 5 1/2 year old loved the antics of the cat and mouse relationship...The credits also hold some of the funniest little scenes if you can hold your children to watch...

I did not expect this...

Author: viki-5 from Harrisonburg, VA. USA
21 December 1999

I did not expect this movie to be this good. The commercials and previews that I saw did not do this movie justice! I took my 4 year old niece to see it, and I think I enjoyed it as much as she did.(and when we left for the theatre I had no interest in seeing it!) She was rooting for Stuart throughout the movie!

This movie was great.

Author: moviebuf-49 from Las Vegas, Nevada
21 December 1999

what a great movie for kids and not to mention for the holidays. there was fantastic funny jokes,some good special effects,and some good acting especially Michael J. Fox as the voice of the title character and not to mention the other good voices. I recommend this movie for people of all ages.

Very entertaining, not exactly like the book

Author: Rebecca (rh@scansoft.com) from Massachussets, USA.
20 December 1999

As a child I loved the book "Stuart Little". When the movie came out I was very excited to see it and did so on opening night. I was a little disappointed that the movie did not more closely track the plot of the book. Particularly, I was sad that the bird, Margalo was not included. However, taken for what it was, I thought it was a very cute movie and the special effects were great. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is not upset by movies that "are not like the book". There were a lot of very funny cat scenes.