IMDb > "Two of a Kind" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

I love this show!!

Author: Itsmyknees from West Coast
7 November 1999

I have to disagree with the many negatives comments I have read here about this show. I'm a 38 year-old who was never a fan of "Full House" or the Olsen Twins UNTIL I caught "Two of a Kind" this past summer. The twins are much older now, complete with their own individual personalities. They are lovely girls, charming, very talented, etc., etc., etc. I instantly liked the show and so did everyone else in the room. We wondered WHY we hadn't heard about this great sit-com and later wondered why it was yanked off. I am now catching all the repeats on the Fox Family Channel and loving every minute. The episode with one of the twin's girlfriends who was ridiculed for being "different" was very touching and very moving. This is quality television and someone made a very big mistake in not renewing the series. Hopefully some other network will pick it up soon while the girls are this age. They are just adorable. The criticism about their maturer look is just a matter of opinion. The girls dress and act fine. The Olsen Twins are new to me since I never cared for "Full House" and it is so refreshing to see a show about two young girls without the attitude I see in young people on other shows that turn me off completely. I hope others that like this show as much as I do, will take the time to post their thoughts on the show. Maybe we can start a campaign to get it back on the air. Not since "All-American Girl" with Margaret Cho have I liked a new sit-com this much. It's very well written. I like the actor who plays the father, but I think the others in the cast need to go. However, I would watch it either way.

Worth it for Christopher Sieber and Sally Wheeler

Author: tara_retro from Iowa, USA
20 May 2003

As a 19 year old who loves "kids'" TV, I can honestly say that I really enjoy this show. I disagree with the people who have said that Mary-Kate and Ashley are bad actresses... I think they're very cute and obviously have great experience working together. The writing for this show is very good; it's funny and often witty.

Even if you're not a fan of the Olsen twins, this show is ALL WORTH IT for the interaction between Christopher Sieber (the dad) and Salley Wheeler (the babysitter). They are hilarious together, and come on, they're both so darn cute!! The romantic tension between them really makes the show and keeps people like me watching. It's a shame the show was cancelled-- with their potential romantic relationship, this show could really have been something, with or without the Olsens.

I recommend giving it a try, whether you're an adult, a kid, or somewhere in between. It's worth it!

An unexpected surprise!

Author: LFotF from United States
8 June 2005

I recently discovered this show in reruns on ABC Family Channel. They are showing it in the mornings on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It is a very fun show. The interactions between the twins and their father seem very genuine. I wish this show had been on longer. If they ever release this on DVD, I would buy it in an instant. It's a fun show for the whole family.

BTW, I am a teenage guy; so I'm not really the target audience, but this show is just genuinely funny.

If you do like this show, on Tuesdays and Thursdays ABC Family airs the Olsen twins' other show "So Little Time." I don't think that it is quite as good as "Two of a Kind," but it is still better than the average sitcom.

Come on Mary-Kate and Ashley, make another show, you've got a fan right here who would love it!

Why does everyone complain???

Author: Emelie from Huskvarna, Sweden
17 May 2002

All I see is people complaining on this show. What's the matter with you?! It's good! maybe not the best, but it's good! And, I think the people who doesn't like the Olsen twins is just jealous because they're such successful girls. I love them. And I love their TV-show adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley. It's great. I give this show a 7.

The one decent thing the Olsens' did- and it gets cancelled!

Author: blonde_ambition from United Kingdom
1 February 2005

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen formed Dualstar entertainment group when they were six-years-old. Now 18, they have not churned out a single good project. Save one thing: Two Of A Kind. Two Of A Kind is about 12-year-old twins called Mary-Kate (Mary-Kate Olsen) and Ashley (Ashley Olsen) (how imaginative) who are raised by their dad, Kevin (Christopher Sieber) after their mother dies. Mary-Kate is a tomboy who spends most of her time playing sports and hanging with the guys. Ashley is a prim and proper girlie girl more interested in what's in Vogue, and dating boys. Their dad, Kevin, is a college professor who hires one of his students, Carrie (Sally Wheeler), to take care of the twins whilst he's not there. Produced by the Olsens', this was meant to be a starring vehicle for them, however, the show really belongs to Christopher Sieber and Sally Wheeler. They have fantastic on screen chemistry and get all the funniest lines and are much more entertaining to watch then the twins who the show is meant to be about. This being the only decent thing to come from Dualstar and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, it was cancelled after only one season. However, if only to watch the brilliant Christopher Sieber and Sally Wheeler, catch some of the re runs. Two Of A Kind is a funny and entertaining show.

Who Couldn't Like This Show...

Author: T-Pain from United States
11 September 2000

I watch this show every day when I get home from school on the Fox Family Channel, and now they've started showing it in the morning (three times a day for a show that has less than 30 episodes.) The plots ARE full of dumb sitcom cliches, but it's all good because it's still funny, and they seem to actually make it more enjoyable. Lots of fun to watch and usually has some really funny moments, even if the dad's personality is so cliched that he isn't convincing as a human being. A thoroughly enjoyable show.

A great show

Author: sundrop from USA
12 August 2000

I think that Two of a Kind is a really great show. I wish that ABC hadn't cancelled it. It had a really great cast, and kids could watch it. Maybe someday they'll make a movie or something, because millions of fans want to know how it ends.

Funny

Author: Joshua Bozeman from Evansville, Indiana
4 October 2000

I love this show. I started watching a few weeks ago, now that it's airing on Fox Family Channel. I had never heard of this show before now, and I actually thought it was a new original from FOX Family. I never watched TGIF shows, so no wonder I didn't know about it. This show is funny and very, very warm. The characters are awesome, and you cannot help but love them all. I always thought the twins were annoying, but I love em in this show. Their dad is hilarious, and Carrie, beautiful Carrie, she's just awesome. What else can I say about this show, but awesome! I recommend you check it out on FOX FAMILY while it lasts. It's on all the time...in the morning and the evening. It's too bad there are so few episodes.

not as good as full house but not a bad show

Author: Sonya Woods from Hell
18 June 2002

I'm so tired of reading how people think the twins act like their 25. What a crock of s***. If they act anything, it's like a little kid, which is exactly what they are, kids. I always enjoyed watching Mary-Kate and Ashley. I always thought it would be cool to have a twin sister. I never knew about this show when it was on the regular stations. I started watching it when it was on 6:30 in the morning on the family stations. I just wish they would have made more episodes because I'm tired of watching the old ones all the time.

great tv series

Author: Sarah Gellar from kent, england
30 June 2002

The olsen twins rule, although i am a frequent viewer of So Little time their current series,i much prefer this Carrie and kevin are hilarious along with the amazing performances by mary-kate and ashley. I definately recommend this comedy. A++++++++

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]