IMDb > She's All That (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
She's All That

She's All That More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 39: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

just an other boring movie

Author: ap8077-1 from chicago, IL
15 November 2001

I'm happy that jay and silent bob made fun of this movie someone did to do it. We all seen this before boy like girl and they go on a date. But I sometimes dont mind the date thing it just this movie is not funny the acting was not all that. If you want to see a better teen movie see any thing because this is one one the worst movie that came out of the 90s.

Kids Can Be Devious And Sadistic

Author: dlp from El Dorado, Arkansas 71730
13 November 2001

This movie has a good moral lesson. Laney Boggs, was however treated like dirt. Taylor Vaughn, a high class snob, who gets it for prom queen, feels her importance. I don't like her. It makes you wonder about her morals. Laney wasn't much for getting into the lime light. The boys were mean and sadistic, for making a bet, that she would be prom queen. If I had my choice, I would rather have Laney than Taylor. Laney was more quiet and cared much, for her studies in art. However she came out a winner. She encouraged Zack, to get own with his life.

pretty bad take on an over-used plot

Author: Llamas Rule (smurfmunchkin@yahoo.com) from U.S.
28 October 2001

Just by watching the previews, one can tell exactly what is going to happen all the way through this movie. It really sucks bad. How can someone use the same plot as a classic (Pretty Woman) and come up with such a sucky result? I mean sure, Laney is not a hooker and there was not bet or prom queen in Pretty Woman, but it really is the same thing. I also noticed that "Laney" is way prettier than any of the other girls considered to be made-over by "Zach". I could even make this girl look good. Just throw on a dress and a little lipstick and she's not looking too bad.

If you want to see a PG-13 teen movie, see 10 Things I Hate About you. It is a lot better than She's All That. Or, if you just want to see a really good movie, rent Billy Madison or American Pie.

Don't bother!

Author: astymegoesby from United States
14 October 2001

Before I get to the review, I just wanted to mention an odd thing my VCR did. I just saw this movie today for the first time on the USA Network. My VCR is one of those that records the start and stop of the commercials. The feature is called "Commercial Advance" - Well, luck (for me anyway) would have it, it fast-forwarded through the entire movie as I was making popcorn.

Watching this movie was about as painful as going to the dentist. First of all.. Where did they get these lame names from, Zach (Saved by the Bell?), Dean (License to Drive?) and Preston (What is a "Preston"?) - The acting in this movie was about as bad as the miscasts. I gagged at the 3 worded answers that "Zach" was throwing at his parents during the "parents-are-usually-this-interrogative", gee whiz. *sigh* After watching the next scene, I really wondered when the movie was actually filmed; all the letters of acceptance lacked Zip codes.

Moving along.... The party: Bathroom scene: See "Nowhere" which was the direction the movie was going at that point. Oh oh oh and the Prom. I was getting flashbacks. The "Saturday Night Fever" & "Dirty Dancing" mix was sickning. By the way, from where did they get "Tallulah Bankhead" from? Laney's art teacher appearing out of nowhere and telling her about her work at the Prom? Hey, I guess those writers needed to put her somewhere.

Hello??????? Where is the plot? Paul Walker steals Laney in the middle of the film? What the?!?!

Just loved the graduation scene. ........ Miramax, no wonder they are the worst. I made a promise to myself. Never again will I watch anything Miramax puts out. This movie clenched it for me. Out of 10, this one gets 0. F.P. J.R & P.W. are mighty fine <- That kept my interest throughout the movie!

P.S. Props to my VCR manufacturer for fast-forwarding this movie to the end!

Harmless

Author: acidcross (acidcross@hotmail.com) from Los Angeles, California
25 August 2001

The Story:

She's All That is nothing to take seriously at all. It's a harmless little film that serves it's 90 minute entertainment value. I wasn't bored, i wasn't too impressed but i could handle watching the film and accepting it for what it is: a harmless teen film.

The plot is pretty simple. The most popular guy in school has just been dumped by his girlfriend and to prove that he can make anyone like her he takes his friends on a bet that he can turn the dorkiest girl in high school into the new prom queen. Of course they hat each other in the beginning and like any romantic comedy they begin to like each other when their relationship begins to progress. You can probably guess how this one ends.

The Acting:

Freddie Prinze Jr: I can't tell if he's a bad actor or if he just picks material that is totally beneath him. He was terrible in I Know What You Did Last Summer but in his roles that followed that picture he got a lot better. He has major screen presence here and considering the material he carry's himself quite well.

Rachel Leigh Cooke: She's the soul of this film. If not for her i don't think i would've liked it as much. She's a very capable actress and i hope she finds material that is truly worthy of her talent.

Paul Walker: i guess he wans't too bad in this film but his talent is completely minimal. He isn't anything too special. The average high schooler with no talent could've played this part though.

Jodi Lynn O'keffe: she basically played the female equivalent of paul walker's character, but with a little more sass. She isn't too bad in this film but it doesn't speak well of her talent when she basically plays the same part in the film Whatever it Takes.

Anna Paquin: Her character is way too small. She's actually pretty good in her few scenes however. I've always thought she was pretty talented. Wish her character could've had more to do

Matthew Lillard: He's quite funny in his scenes. I've always thought he was a pretty good actor. I also wish he would chose better material that is worthy of his talent. Too bad his current film ism Summer Catch.

There are some pretty funny scenes as well. The Dance sequence at the prom is pretty fun and done with a lot of energy. Also pretty funny are real sequences. I thought those were pretty clever. The rest of the film is the same generic harmeless teen stuff that isn't too smart but something i can't really hate.

Sweet, charming, romantic, hilarious, touching, and heart-warming romantic comedy

Author: Catherine Grace Zeh (FilmGirlGZ@aol.com) from Vienna, Virginia, USA
14 August 2001

SHE'S ALL THAT, in my opinion, is a sweet, charming, romantic, hilarious, touching, and heart-warming romantic comedy. When Laney (Rachael Leigh Cook) got her make-over, I thought she looked good -- Especially in the clothing she wore after that point in the movie. As for Taylor (Jodi Lyn O'Keefe), I thought she was an absolute B****! This was because of her attitude and the way she treated Laney. When she poured beer on Laney's dress at one point in the film, I wanted to grab Taylor and slap her on the side of her face. There was only one scene that grossed me out, and that was the pube pizza scene. Oh, that was REALLY gross! I mean, who would want to eat pizza with someone else's hair on it? That is so disgusting! When Zach (Freddie Prinze Jr.) showed up in the film, he looked REALLY hot -- Especially in the tuxedo he wore to the prom. Before I wrap this up, I must say that everyone involved in SHE'S ALL THAT did an excellent job. Now, in conclusion, to all you Freddie Prinze Jr. or Rachael Leigh Cook fans who have not seen this sweet, charming, romantic, hilarious, touching, and heart-warming romantic comedy, I HIGHLY recommend it!

Entertaining

Author: John from England
2 August 2001

It's entertaining if at times not entirely on purpose. The dance scene at the prom towards the end of the film REALLY makes it for me. I laughed and laughed at this absurdly unrealistic scene! It's hilarious, almost as good as Freddy's acting!

-John

Rachael Leigh Cook steals the movie.

Author: Matt Parmenter (mparmenter@students.jccc.net) from oveland park, ks
27 June 2001

This is the movie were I discovered Rachael Leigh Cook. The movie would have been just a teen knock off of "Pygmalian"if it weren't for Rachael's skill in drama(look for the scene were "Laney" gets humiliated). Even though Rachael steals the whole movie, Paul Walker is good as a slimeball, Gabrielle Union is good as a supporter of Laney and Dule` Hill also is good.

Excellent,funny film

Author: Suz from Glasgow
25 June 2001

"She's All That" is really enjoyable for anyone who likes a light-hearted romantic comedy. It tells the story of Zach Siler(Freddie Prinze Jnr), the most popular boy in school, as he attempts to turn Laney Boggs(Rachel Leigh Cook), the school geek, into the prom queen.

Costume,hair and make-up are used very effectively in this film, particularly to show the transformation in Laney and the contrast between the different social groups in the school. The colours used are vibrant, reflecting the carefree high school life.

The acting in the film is very good. Freddie Prinze Jnr and Rachel Leigh Cook excellently portray their characters feelings and personalities.

Overall,"She's All That" is an unmissable film, especially suitable for anyone wanting an easily understood high school comedy.

Lacks the usual Teenage comedy drive...

Author: Starbuck-13 from Bamberg, Germany
28 May 2001

I really love this genre. Probably cause my teenage years were never that exciting as they always seem to be in the movies. Maybe because I would very much like to be that young again to prevent some fatal mistakes. Be that as it may, I am very open-minded to teenage comedies. I love most of them.

Nut now what have we here? A film right out of this genre that really bored me. The story and the characters lacks the power necessary to incite this typical teen charme humor - the kind of humor you just relax, sit back and enjoy the ride. In this movie, something does not work together. Is it the fact that Freddie Prince Junior looks absolutely out of place? Is it that the finale is simply boring instead of chaotic and exciting? Is it that there have been too many much funnier teen comedies lately (American Pie, Road Trip...)?

All in all, a movie you can forget immediately after viewing. Or even better: Just forget viewing it in the first place. It's not worth the time.