IMDb > She's All That (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
She's All That

She's All That More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 40: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Good Film

Author: mark adams from Scotland
8 September 2002

This Film Has A Great Plot and Cast which Inc's Freddie Prince Jr(I know what you did last summer)Rachel Cook(Josie and the Pussycats) Matthew Lillard (Scream) Paul Walker (Skulls) They are all very funny people and made me laugh again and again.

Could have been done better, but good nonetheless

Author: JonB from Cambridge, England
11 August 2002

This film has a very similar feel to it as "10 things I hate about you". It's not as good a film, in my opinion, but it does have a certain charm and works your emotions a bit.

I have to agree with the critics that Rachael Leigh Cook is far too pretty at the beginning of the film, so the whole premise that it would be impossible to "tidy her up" is a bit thin. This plot element is still being used - see "The Princess Diaries" for the best version (IMHO) - and was probably originally taken from the Cinderella story.

Of course, a deeper meaning of the film is about making choices and coming of age, but this is not very clearly shown as it gets in the way of the main theme of the film - being proud of who you are.

Pretty in Blue?

Author: Rick Blaine from London
30 July 2002

Unabashed remake of Pretty in Pink - or countless other movies for that matter. Plot follows a well-trodden path: upper-class boy snob breaks up with upper-class girl snob and somehow finds/gets involved with lower-class girl who has the character his old girlfriend didn't have. Lots of sub-plots, over-the-top final prom dance scene (again, just like PiP). Kevin Pollack takes the Harry Dean Stanton role. Good work as well by Jodi Lyn O'Keefe as the grossly exaggerated Taylor Vaughn. Enjoyable, but not as satisfying as PiP by a long shot, with an ending that doesn't quite 'click'.

sucked. don't waste your time

Author: Morelle and Todd
28 July 2002

boring, the worst piece of crap ever. I watched this on pay per view, and I am so sick that I spent 3.99 on this movie. rachel leigh cook was never a geeky looking girl, so you know that she was gonna turn out to be a babe. oh, there was a funny part, the one with freddy prinze and the hacky sack. that part was funny. but the movie overall was an embarrassment. don't even think about watching this. it is such a waste.

Terrible

Author: (daisy0178) from Belleville, NJ
21 July 2002

This is probably one of the worst in the teen movie genre, if for no other reason than the scene in the cafeteria. I absolutely hated this movie. If you want to watch a teen movie there are so many better ones out there than this. Sixteen Candles, Say Anything, and the Breakfast Club pop into my mind. Don't waste your time with this crap!!!

Completely predictable

Author: newleaf from Hartford, Connecticut
8 July 2002

Loved Rachel Leigh Cook. Other than that, I have nothing good to say about the movie. You know where the story is going, and what is going to happen, right from the start.

Furthermore -- and I wish someone in Hollywood would listen to this -- high school is not anything like what's depicted in this movie.

I'm sure there are many great stories that could be told about adolescence, the search for popularity, the need for acceptance, the difficulties of teen relationships, etc. This movie is nowhere close to exploring any of those issues. It isn't funny, either.

I gave it a 4. Not a complete waste, but very far from a success.

Freddy in a mediocre film...who woulda thunk it?

Author: perni from Owensboro, KY
7 July 2002

Of all the movies Freddy Prinze Jr. has starred in, this is probably the best. And I can't believe I just wrote that. Seriously though, just look at his filmography: I Know What You Did Last Summer, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, Summer Catch, Wing Commander (ha!), and, most recently, Scooby Doo. Not exactly a list that would catch the Academy's eye, right? Still, like I said, She's All That is the most watchable. I couldn't stand the whole, "Dude, I bet you can't turn that geeky chick into the prom queen" plot, since its probably the oldest and crustiest of the teen movie genre. If you can't predict the rest of the movie with just the above quote to guide you, here's some questions to ponder in that noggin' of yours: 1. Will the geek resent the jock's advances? 2. Will the two share a touching moment? 3. Will the two find common interests? 4. Will the jock actually come to CARE for the geek? 5. Will the geek find out about the bet? 6. Will she get UPSET upon learning about the bet??? 7. Will the two, against all odds, get together in the end???????? There are a few quirky moments that should be watched just for the sake of getting through this film. The artsy cafe featuring midgets in purple spandex, for one, and the ten minute dance sequence at the Big Dance (with Usher, yes, Usher as the DJ). 2 out of 4 stars.

Is that all?

Author: Nuno Reis from Porto, Portugal
10 June 2002

This movie is as bad as I first thought it would be, the only good thing is Rachael Leigh Cook that, like in "Tangled", made a movie that is a complete waste of time. Ok, she started her career with this movie, before that she was hardly known in Hollywood but the story is more than awful, I know why the director hasn't made any other film yet. Although being very bad the film has it's moments, like the mixing of the school and the pool at the beginning, and the program "Real World L.A." being broadcasted with the character of the movie, but that isn't enough, there are a lot of things bad explained, want examples? Why no one liked Laney before - except the fat one - but she gets 46% of the votes?, why the bad guys who spoiled the pizza were forced to eat it, weren't they two against one? Of course, worst than that is: why is Sarah Michelle Gellar at that school and wasn't nominated to be prom queen? I think that Freddie Prinze Jr. enjoyed making it or he wouldn't be also in "Boys and Girls" another as bad as this one.

The only good think I can say about the movie is that I've discovered that Rachael Leigh Cook (who is fabulous is AntiTrust, a must see computer movie) is left-handed like me.

Prinze Jr + Lillard + Gellar = fun!

Author: Richard W from Leamington Spa, England
12 May 2002

With everone holding their breath to see how 'Scooby Doo' turns out, here's a chance to see three of that movie's stars united in a lightweight but enjoyable teen-com. Yes, the whole 'ugly duckling' plotline is a tad familiar, but it's still great fun. Freddie Prinze Jr is likeable as the male lead (check out his his hysterical 'hackey-sack' set piece) and Matt Lillard is given carte blanche to let rip with his well-tested "irritating twerp" persona in a supporting role. As for Sarah Michelle Gellar, she may only pop up in a blink-and-you'll miss-her cameo, but there's no mistaking her magic as she puts the icing on the cake of a very sweet confection. Perhaps if she'd walked in front of the cameras when Prinze Jr and Lillard were filming the leaden 'Wing Commander', that movie would have been the next 'Star Wars'! All in all, a fun flick and a great date movie.

Awful formula film

Author: (joecool@dwx.com) from Cedar Falls, Iowa
1 May 2002

Why anyone would spend money to watch this piece of crap is beyond me. It's incredibly weak in every aspect, acting, comedy, and romantic believe-ability. Technically it's mediocre and the plot as stated is a formula. Don't waste your time with this, anyone with a brain will see it as the steamy pile that it is.