IMDb > New Jersey Turnpikes (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

New Jersey Turnpikes More at IMDbPro »

What happened...

Author: jalayne-steenburg from Canada
16 September 2005

I was just wondering what happened to this movie too... I was an actress that played Bedonna. After shooting in in Toronto in the spring of 1998, I never heard anything more. The only thing that I knew was that they needed to shoot some scenes in New York and LA. As far as I knew, it was supposed to be released in 1999. Does anyone know what happened? For the first person that replied, how did you see the movie? I would love to get a copy of it.

The movie was amazing to make...the director was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Since this was my first acting gig, he made me feel really comfortable. The cast was excellent and the after party was great. I'll agree with the second comment...they had excellent food.

new jersey turnpikes, what really happened

Author: blonde_bombshell10 from Canada
13 November 2010

What really happened with the movie.... I was an extra in the movie and I know the owner of the talent agency Stone Wall in Hamilton, well anyway she told me that Kelsey Grammar didn't like the movie after it was completed and bought the rights to it and destroyed it, this is why the movie was never released. The movie may have been shot in more than one coliseum, because the scene I was in was shot inside Copps Coliseum in Hamilton. I was devastated by the news because I was only 13 and it was a school thing some of the lucky kids got to do. we were only supposed to stay until 3:00 pm, but myself and some friends managed to stay until 11:00pm I got into SO much trouble and for what LOL another funny part was a fat naked man ran through the middle of the arena with police chasing behind him which completely shocked us because we were only 13 years old. I thought it was part of the movie but later learned it wasn't.

Comedy about a NJ basketball team

Author: Alan Hart from Cambridge, United Kingdom
11 August 2006

I saw a test screening of this film in Los Angeles circa 1999 - looks like it was never released.

As I recall, it wasn't especially funny, but it had its moments. The New Jersey Turnpikes are a failing basketball team. There's some kind of issue going on with the basketball league splitting in half - the NBA and the ABA? I have a feeling it was done as a mockumentary set in the 70s.

And Lee Majors reprises his role as the Six Million Dollar Man, though they may not have called him that exactly. As I remember, his sequences were the highlight.

From one of many extras....What happened to this flick?

Author: jboothroyd from right here....
22 September 2004

Not sure what the hell the other guy (phoenixmetro187) was talking about in his comments, but I was an extra in this film. It was filmed in the spring of 1998, and the part of the film I was in was filmed at the old CNE coliseum in Toronto. Neil Sadaka was also in the film. From what I remembered it was about a rebel basketball team playing in a start up league, al the ABA. Pretty good cast, and seemed pretty campy, and I kept on waiting for it to come out.

FOr what it's worth, the food for the extra's was pretty good, but the dudes who worked on the production company were *****. I really want to know what happened to this film. Anyone?