IMDb > Me and Will (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Me and Will More at IMDbPro »

A Very Moving Story

Author: G-Man-25 from Iowa City, IA
9 April 2000

I stumbled across this film on the Sundance Channel one night and got hooked right away. It's a simply told, yet amazingly powerful and affecting story about two women who find a common bond, form a friendship and take to the open road on their motorcycles for a journey on which both will confront a few of their personal demons, leading to a poignant yet somewhat uplifting conclusion.

I'm surprised that this movie never made it to theatres. Sherrie Rose and Melissa Behr were already actresses when they got together to write, direct, and star in this film and I look forward to seeing them get back behind the camera again; they are definitely film-makers to watch out for! I hope this movie gets released on video and DVD so that others can discover this simple yet powerful story. ***stars

A beautifully simple story about the friendship of two women

Author: Cordelia from Amherst, MA
18 May 1999

This was a great movie about a woman who finally comes to terms with who she is at the age of thirty. It chronicles the journey of two women who meet in a clinic after drug related incidents. It was touching to see a film about a strong friendship between two women who appear to be tough on the outside but are actually very emotionally fragile.

Even though the characters are very specifically blond, female, motorcycle-riding drug users there is something in them that speaks of the easily-bruised emotions in all of us. The glimpses behind the scenes of how a person might turn to a destructive life-style were also very revealing.

In the end, it takes the death of the younger woman, Jane, to make Will realize that she is actually luckier than some and that she does have the strength to survive, and to open up her heart to the genuine emotions she has found in a man who loves her. Despite the tragedy of losing a friend she has grown so close to, the end is uplifting both for Will and the audience. Though she has reached the end of their journey physically alone, the spirit and memory of Jane will always be with her, reminding her of how much she has to live for.

A Very Moving Story

Author: G-Man-25 from Iowa City, IA
9 April 2000

An undiscovered gem

Author: jjw8
19 May 2002

It's amazing the way Hollywood squanders talent. Sherrie Rose and Melissa Behr have spent most of their careers doing exploitation and cheap TV shows. On their own they put out a movie like this. This is a very touching movie, a road picture with obvious debts to "Easy Rider" but also a lot to say about individual freedom and the choices made in life. This kind of movie was very prevalent in the 70's but is a lost art these days. And who paid attention to it? If not for an article in Femmes Fatales Magazine, I never would have heard of it. It's sad the treasure that goes unnoticed out there.

Best indi of decade.

Author: ladyfate8 (ladyfate8@yahoo.com) from Lexington, Ky
11 August 2000

This has to be one of the best independent films I have ever seen. Sherry Rose and Melissa Bher are truly two very talented writers. The simple combination of two women escaping from a mental institution, their developing friendship, and what emotion means to even a couple of druggie biker-chicks makes for a perfect drama. Jane's emotional chains to her father reflect how even childhood problems can haunt you forever, as does Will's relationship with her obsessive compulsive mother. Also, the cracking of an emotional shell of two hardend bikers may appeal to some drama hounds. The acting was four stars, even from a very tatooed Patrick Dempsey, as the boyfriend of Jane. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone looking for something to satisfy an uncontrollable urge to see a fantastic film.

Best indi of decade.

Author: ladyfate8 (ladyfate8@yahoo.com) from Lexington, Ky
11 August 2000

A female EASY RIDER. Only better.

Author: zenboy-4 (john@mshadow.com) from Oklahoma City, OK
11 November 1999

Here we have a movie with an honest-to-Goddess STORY moving it along. No explosions, no gunfire, no special effects, no car chases. Just a damned good movie about two women who hit the road on their motorcycles, and find their souls while surfing the asphalt.

Melissa Behr and Sherrie Rose [motorcycle enthusiasts in real life] teamed up to write, produce, direct, AND star in ME AND WILL. It's the story of two women, Will and Jane--- burned out from the LA club-and-drug scene---who meet in rehab. They decide to set off on a Holy Mission: To find the chopper ridden by Peter Fonda in EASY RIDER. So they bust out of rehab and point their Harleys toward Montana, where Will is certain the Captain America bike has been stored lo these many years.

Will and Jane struggle with personal demons as they ride. Besides the temptation to use drugs, there are lingering "family of origin" problems which haunt them. Their friendship grows as they open up to each other, help each other, and encounter a variety of unusual---and sometimes frightening---people on the road.

Speaking of the road, get ready for some spectacular scenery. And the road sequences are set to some great tunes; anyone who sees these scenes and isn't tempted to jump on a Harley and head out on that highway probably has their spirit up on blocks.

In the end, things work out as they often do in real life: A spirit-lifting victory, albeit a victory intermingled with a poignant loss. Be sure to watch the credits all the way through, because there's a surprise second ending well worth waiting for…

If this film doesn't go down in history as the female EASY RIDER I'll be very surprised. And disappointed.

easyrider copied

Author: Wout Visser (wrvisser-leusden-nl) from Leusden, Holland
4 March 2004

For those old enough to have experienced 'Easyrider', Me and Will holds no new vibes. I think it a true copy of this very famous 1969-movie. It is admitted to be so, by the way. What remains, is enjoying the nice American landscape the two bikers are travelling through. A short study on the differences between Me and Will and Easyrider also provides some entertainment: two girls (1999) against two guys (1969), a deeper explanation of the youth- and drugproblems compared to 1969, and a different death by one of the bikers. In 1969 he is shot, in 1991 she gets an overdose. For the fans of Traci Lords: she has a tiny role as a waitress, and does well.

Amazing~

Author: (randallnikki2000) from United States
5 February 2007

I happen to know Melissa Behr - One of the main characters "will", I had no clue she was an actress as I babysit her daughter sometimes. Anyway I asked about her living in LA one day and she said she had made a movie, She had an extra copy and I just watched it, its amazing! The story-line just keeps you hooked, i couldn't take my eyes off it. Great Characters and Great actors/actresses. Not to mention Patrick Dempsey is one of he main characters! Anyway, this movie rocks! Everyone should see it, especially women! It hits hard on some things women have to deal with but its definitely worth watching. Might not be too good for kids as it is rated R.

McDreamys' best work

Author: Dahony from United States
22 December 2006

Not only is this a great friendship movie, McDreamy makes an appearance and shows his acting chops. You forget that he was in "Cant by me Love" when you watch this film. This is a great "chick flick" , guys would enjoy it too if they gave it a chance! HARLEYS' + chicks? This is one of McDreamy's most believable(SP) work since can't buy me love. Two women go on the search of the exact motorcycle that was used in the movie "easyrider," do they find it? Do they learn more than any of us would while they are searching for it? They learn more about themselves while searching for their ultimate goal. Great Indie for those who would appreciate it, Worth watching once, if you like chicks, bikes and not a complicated plot. Watch it boys.