IMDb > The Cowboy and the Movie Star (1998) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Cowboy and the Movie Star (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Almost missed this one.

Author: parisel from USA
4 January 2004

I almost didn't watch this movie because of the "one *" given it in the newspaper, but I couldn't find the remote easily and so let it happen. And am glad I did.

This is a very good romantic movie with two strong attractive characters. It never gets too sweet and we see how a woman we might think has everything really has little to fulfill her. She finds herself happiest under very rough conditions where her efforts mean something.

Brannan faces the loss of his family legacy that has been his life's work because of a bad choice he made; and he faces it like a man.

It also proves that a movie can show the developing love and respect of a man and a woman without having them jump into bed. It has exciting, tense moments and you can watch this with your parents or grandparents and not be embarrassed. Love this film. Gave it an 8.

The Cowboy And The Movie Star Is Truly One Of A Kind Romance Television Movie

Author: (climbingivy@msn.com) from United States
26 November 2005

The Cowboy And The Movie Star is truly a one of a kind romance television movie.I saw this for the first time a couple of years ago on the ABC family channel on cable and I loved it.I am glad that I taped this movie, because it rarely comes on, and it has not been released to video or DVD.I think it might have been released to video in Europe.They don't make these kind of romance stories on television or at the box office very often anymore.Perry King, Sean Young,Priscilla Barnes, and David Groh were excellent in their parts in this movie.I am a big Sean Young and Perry King fan.The scenery in this movie is just breathtaking.I love this movie because the whole family can sit down and watch this movie together.I recommend this movie to lovers of romance.I have this movie.

beautiful scenery, ok story line and Sean young is in it.

Author: (burgesssha@juno.com) from spokane WA
6 March 2003

Ive always been a sucker for any movie that has good scenery in it. It's why I liked Horse Whisperer. And this movie too. Although not quite up to the level of Horse Whisperer, it is still very good. And, I liked Sean Young and the way she depicted her character. If she is anything like her character in person she must be a very likable person.

Good family movie. NO cussing, No sex

Author: Craig from Missouri
24 May 2000

This was a great movie that has beautiful film locations. It does not contain cussing or have sex scenes. It is just a great family movie. The only problem is it is not on video about the only place to see it is on Fox family television.

Classic Modern Day Western

Author: David_Brown from United States
4 August 2012

This is a very difficult picture to find (Despite being from 1988), because it came from "The Family Channel" and it is not on DVD. But it is a great film, with tremendous attention to detail, including using an Australian Cattle Dog on the round-up (Most film makers would use a German Shepherd and call it a day). What I really like is the relationship between the actress Sean Livingston (Sean Young), and the cowboy Clint Brannan (Perry King), and how these characters really depend on each other to survive. Major Spoilers ahead: She is involved in a bad relationship with a fellow actor (Who she finds out is married), and he is being sued for divorce by his wife Liz (Rochelle Swanson) so she can escape the ranching business, and become a movie star. They meet when in a remote area of California, she crashes her car, and he picks her up and agrees to bring her back to civilization, but after the drive is over. She is a total fish out of water, and stuff like bad weather and poor food is not exactly her lifestyle, and he has to teach her how to adjust. It all changes when he saves her from a grizzly attack, but the bear scratch causes blood poisoning, and eventually pneumonia, so she has to become the leader (Walking while he rides, and surviving the elements). They finally get back to civilization and Liz actually has the audacity to give him Divorce Papers while he is in a hospital bed, and saying "Sean looks so much better in the movies" (At least have the decency to wait until he is out of the hospital, and appreciate what she did (What a B***H)). At the end, he signs papers selling half of the ranch to someone (It was executed by an Attorney), but who shows up but Sean, with the land deed who says "You can take me back to town, or teach me to ranch." Of course, they will live happily ever after. I love the way the Sean learned from Clint about how to survive (She always had to rely on others), and that when she was forced by circumstances to do so, she could not only do so, but do it successfully, and thus make it her life as well. Without Sean, the legacy of the Brannan Family ranching will die with Clint (The round-up where he met Sean was going to be the last), but since together they own the land, it can continue for generations to come. A absolute classic film 10/10 stars without any thought involved.

Cowboy and The Movie Star

Author: groundhogman from United States
23 May 2006

Is the Cowboy and the Movie Star available for sale? I would love to purchase this on DVD or VHS? This movie was a TV movie, and was played on AMC movie channel. I am looking to purchase this, but have yet to find this movie for sale. Is there anyway to contact someone who could make this movie available? This is a great movie, and I am sure many more people would enjoy watching this movie. If anyone out there can locate it or tell me how to purchase this I would appreciate it. Does anyone know of another web site that would have more information on this movie? Maybe we could find enough people to send in request for the movie and it would be put on DVD.

Great movie

Author: monte1847 from United States
24 November 2006

I want to say this was a very real life movie and you could believe this real happened. The acting was great, the location was beautiful and the ending was just right. I wish I found someone who would buy my place so to and give it to me and be part of my life. "WOW" The story was believable where any one could go off the side of the road and get lost in the woods or range. How it took a while for them to learn to work together and she learned and was treated as a range hand. As she learned it was easier and when he got hurt she just took over and saved his life.

I wish this was on a CD or VHS tape so I could buy it. I would love to see this over and over again.

The Cowboy and the Movie Star

Author: mcdonaldkat from United States
26 April 2017

I have loved this movie since I first saw it. Great acting great location. Would love to live there. I finally found it on DVD at classicmoviereel.com real cheap. So now I can watch it anytime I want. I have always enjoyed watching Perry King and Sean Young work together they did another movie together . Where she took in her sisters kids when her sister was killed in a car accident with her husband. It was a good movie too.It was Home for the Holidays.