IMDb > Charlie's Angels (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Charlie's Angels

Charlie's Angels More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 65: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

i've never fallen asleep during a movie before 11 P.M.

Author: kefkajr (kefkajr007@aol.com) from Pleasanton, CA
15 June 2001

until now. this was boring, bill murray provided comic releif from time to time but otherwise boring, I expected something hornifying from cameron diaz but I didn't get it. simply boring, plot is ok but that involving. If they want make movies based on TV shows so badly they should give good old Blackadder a chance instead of this

boring

Author: Nathanel from Boston, Ma
4 June 2001

The only good thing about this movie was seeing the three gorgeous women prance around in various costumes. Other than that, the plot was monotonous, predictable, lifeless and boring, and the action sequences, although somewhat entertaining, heavily ripped off other movies, especially the Matrix.

All style, no substance...

Author: Aphex97 from Nether Realm
4 June 2001

This movie has much going for it. Awesome action sequences with high-flying explosions, high-speed chases, fascinating and beautifully choreographed martial art sequences, and excellent special effects all directed with flash and style.

And what about those leading ladies?!?! All three (Diaz, Liu, and Barrymore) are so damn cute and appealing in their own unique way that you can't help but like them. Lets not forget the equally wonderful performance by Bill Murray, one of America's greatest comedians. This movie's high production values are present throughout. It has wonderful costume and set design, better-than-average action sequences, directing, and special effects, and topped off with a winning and lovable cast....yes sir this movie has everything...

well almost everything...WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE PLOT?! This movie is held together by the thinest of storyline. Dialogue is absolutely horrendous! The viewer is expected to takes huge leaps of faith and shut down all logical thinking as the mindless plot plods along to the next action sequence. All the film's so-called "twists" can be seen miles away. The villain dialogue is so horribly cheesy, I can barely listen to it!

FINAL RATING: 6/10 - Maybe the studio should have spent at least some of the $92 million dollar budget on a decent script, and this movie could have been very excellent! As it is, it remains nice brainless fun that is best enjoyed with friends over a beer or two (or three)! Action-lovers will cherish it and casual movie fans of all genres will probably find something to like about it.

Noob Aalox

A TV Update? Wow, this ALREADY sounds good!

Author: Donnacha (mercutio_dk@yahoo.com) from South Africa
29 May 2001

Wow! An update of a tv program from the seventies! What a great idea! It'll surpass all those other hits, like "The Beverly Hillbillies"! Oh, the decision to remake Charlie's Angels... what a stroke of genius!

Golly! Look at that cast! Drew Barrymore! Lucy Liu! Cameron Diaz! They practically OOZE talent! I can't wait to see them act again! You know Drew was robbed of an Oscar for "Never Been Kissed"!

Gee whiz! What a plot! The laydeez have to recover a secret program from an evil computer company that allows voice recognition! Voice recognition... Ha! What WILL Hollywood conjure up next?

Gosh! The ACTION! These women can do all those Matrix moves... but in REAL LIFE! And they DON'T use guns, 'cuz GUNS ARE NOT NICE! The formula-one car chase, the parachuting sequence, the office explosion... well, I don't want to give it ALL away! It's just too brilliant, AND necessary to the flow of the plot, absolutely NOT gratuitous at all!

Fab! The director! This McG man (he's so talented he doesn't need a whole name), who haz up until now ownly done brash, superfluously overlowded muzic videoz, downplais hiz styl to takkle hiz furst phillm, dis soopur-intelidgunt akshun korporutt espionazh thrillurr!

Whoah! As in WHOAH! STOP! Just WATCHING this film made me feel stupid. I swear they couldn't have done a worse job if they had hired the three stooges. This film is so packed with tacky, kitchy CRAP, product placement, forced humour and awful, AWFUL performances that I would refrain from taking friends to see it for fear of them shunning you in public forever. Imagine a big bucket of syrup, and being forced to eat it for two hours. Then you won't even have to see the film to get the same effect.

Goodnight angels...

I Can't Find A Word Bad Enough To Describe This Film!

Author: (worldchanger38@hotmail.com) from Hampstead, NH, USA
29 May 2001

I was at first very reluctant to see "Charlie's Angels." It was a smash hit in theatres and all my friends saw it, but still I resisted. Then one of my friends told me it was the best movie she'd ever seen. I figured what the heck? Can't be all that bad. I have never been so wrong before in my life.

The acting was extremely poor with the exception of Bill Murray. The writing was horrid. Nome of the three girls were "beautiful" as they were described at the beginning of the film. Cameron Diaz was the only passably attractive girl there. Lucy Liu should really hear about this new invention we call CLOTHING, and Drew Barrymore is just ugly no matter how much lipstick you put on her or how much you digitally airbrush her figure. The action was not believable and the directing was awful. Leave this crap alone and watch the TV series. 4\10

Annoying Cameramen...

Author: (thousandisland@excite.com) from Washington, USA
9 May 2001

Story's fine but this one gets thumbs down for the truly irritating camera work, FX and technical details. Impromptu but predictable slow motion, restarting, reslowing, in EVERY single action sequence.. it gets very distracting and takes away any sense of reality. (Angels have to sneak into a room with a floor alarm that will go off if pressure is exerted for more than 3/5ths of a second. Angel gets in by doing backflips, and they indicate the "speed" of this, with slow motion all the way? That's just idiotic abuse of the technology...) Obvious use of flying wires in several scenes, and let's not forget that we MUST have repetitive, raucous music start up EVERY time the angels engage an enemy. (How many times must the American public be subjected to "Woo Hoo" during an action sequence? That was old three years ago.) The soundtrack gets on your nerves.. "Charlie's Angels" is more like an MTV medley than a film. Add to this a completely pointless spot by Tom Green, a waste of Bill Murray's talent, and dumb closeups of Angel butts the whole way through..... If That's Entertainment, we're in trouble.

Messy, Incoherent, and Occasionally Fun (But Not Often)

Author: MadReviewer from Oldwick, NJ
8 May 2001

`Charlie's Angels', for the uninitiated, is about the mysterious, unseen Charlie (voice by John Forsythe) and his band of three glamorous private investigators: Dylan (Drew Barrymore), Natalie (Cameron Diaz), and Alex (Lucy Liu). The Angels, under the occasional direction of the bumbling Bosley (Bill Murray), solve mysteries and kick the crap out of villains. In this particular film (probably the first of many . . . shudder), the mystery involves computers and some high-tech voice recognition software. The story never gets much more complicated than that, as the entire plot is simply a MacGuffin to link the comedy scenes and action scenes together into a reasonable facsimile of an actual film.

The saving graces of `Charlie's Angels' are Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu. As Natalie, Diaz exudes the right amounts of bubbly, air-headed charm and toughness to make her genuinely funny – and genuinely appealing. Diaz is clearly the star of `Charlie's Angels', and she makes the most of what she's given. Lucy Liu's portrayal of Alex is also dead-on great; she's hell on wheels with a sharp tongue and deadly wit. (The scene where she impersonates a leather-clad corporate trainer is possibly the best in the film). Once you get past Diaz and Liu, though, there's not much left worth watching. Drew Barrymore is horrible as the supposedly street-tough Dylan; she's not sexy, she's not sympathetic, and she certainly doesn't come across as tough. Barrymore would be doing herself a huge favor as producer if she bowed out of the film and let somebody else take her place (my replacement vote is for Eliza Dushku of `Buffy' and `Bring It On' fame). Crispin `McFly' Glover is a waste as one of the main villains, Bill Murray doesn't do anything but mug for the cameras, Tom Green is simply annoying . . . the list of bad performances goes on and on. Toss that in with the witless plot and the action sequences stolen straight out of `The Matrix' and the entire Jet Li film catalog, and the result is a whole exciting lot of nothing.

If you're truly compelled to watch this movie, just rent (not buy) the DVD, so you can shoot straight to the few good scenes prominently featuring Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu. The rest of the movie's not worth watching. It's sad when it seems like a film is dragging . . . and it's only 98 minutes long. Grade: D

Heavenly Awesome!!!!!

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
17 April 2003

I loved it when I was a kid, now that they hit the big screen, who could ask for anything more? Charlie's Angels: old school name, new school action. Diaz, Liu, and Barrymore made up the heat in the remake of the '76-81 tv classic. As a kid, I loved the show watching the 3 women kick major bad-guy butt and making Charlie proud as well. The fight scenes in the movie was much better than the TV's. Matrix-like moves were a big factor to the movie's success. And most of all, the movie wouldn't be a total success, without, John Forsythe aka CHARLIE! I'll give this movie 4 out of five stars, and if David Doyle was watching from above, he would be smiling!

Heavenly fun

Author: dtucker86 from Germany
27 September 2001

I have watched this movie over and over and its just as wonderful every time. This is great escapist entertainment of the highest caliber. It is almost like Raider's Of The Lost Ark in the sense it throws things at you so fast you don't know when to duck! Cameron Diaz is one of the best actresses in the business, whether she is doing comedy or drama, she absolutely steals the show in this movie. I read that her and Lucy Lui and Drew Barrymore actually trained full time for eight weeks for the karate fights and it shows, they are phenonmenal.

Wonderful stuff!

Author: (l.campbell) from Australia
24 November 2000

I enjoyed this movie a lot! Fast paced... great fun... lot's of action... talented & sexy cast... what more can you ask for?!

Two thumbs up! I think I may have to see this one again!