IMDb > "Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

just beautiful

Author: Armand from Romania
9 July 2014

its virtue - the right tone for a story who mixes adventure, western clichés and good humor with a family life far from old life style. its charm source - the inspired cast. its sin - it has the rare gift to seems be too short as episode, as series. the smart thing - courage to use new form for classic subject. and the science to do it credible. a series for entire family, with small Hallmark crumbs but only for taste, with nice characters and with Yannick Bisson who does a real good job. pictures from a small world, image of a high ambition, it has the all qualities to be favorite of large public. and that is the important thing. because it has the air of a lovely place from many childhood's dreams.

Great show. Wish it was still running.

Author: anonymous
14 March 2001

This was a great show. It was really original. I've never seen a show like this one. It was great, and it had some really good actors in it too, like Sarah Chalke from "Roseanne", and Ted Atherton.I'm sorry that it only lasted 2 seasons. If you can see the re-runs anywhere, watch them. You'll like this show too.

American viewers are interested in having this series available

Author: (sourdough@otcwb.com) from United States
5 March 2008

I read all three books and have never enjoyed a series as much as Nothing Too Good For a Cowboy. We could no longer receive Canadian television part way through the series. Please please make them available as a boxed set. I feel that this series would be as popular as the Australian series "McLeod's Daughters" that is now available from Barnes and Noble. They are both about ranching families that are both humorous, moving, realistic to ranch life and suitable for the whole family. There are not many shows that can do all this. So far McLeods has five seasons available and I have purchased all five as have two of my children's families. These are no longer available on US TV so there is a demand for the boxed DVD's.

I wish I had known about this show earlier.

Author: ladycanuck22 from Canada
21 May 2006

I wish I had known about this show when it was still in production. Only recently did I see the pilot and a few episodes and I have to say that it is phenomenal. The acting, setting and story lines are awesome. It's one of the best Canadian dramas made in the past decade.

The show takes place in interior British Columbia during the second world war with well-developed characters who are easy to get attached to.

My only qualm about this show is that I didn't even know of its existence until after it was cancelled.It's such a shame CBC never promotes their shows. They produce such good quality Canadian shows yet usually there is so little in the way of promotions that most people don't even know about new shows. CBC would get way better ratings if they'd only promote their shows better.

Why do all the GOOD SHOWS stop running

Author: mrplow1 from Alberta, Canada
29 April 2001

I have seen this series twice and would like to see it again. this show shows the true natural beauty of British Columbia. It would be great to see this show as a mini series with weekly runnings. Anyone thinking of becoming a rancher / cowboy this shows provides a good look into a cowboys life, what you see is what you get ! nothing is far fetched in this show ! "Nothing is too good for a cowboy" !!