Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh (VG) More at IMDbPro »

One of the best horror games!

Author: frantici from Norway
24 November 2001

This game might have been way different than the first, but in a good way.

First of the game is much longer! (that is a plus in the book for me as games that only last me a few hours seems a waste of money)

Second it keeps the "chase" feeling later in the game, where curtis has to kill mutations of his friends, boss and enemy.

Third it has you entangled in the story and you feel actually sorry for Curtis in some parts.

Fourth it was more violent than the first.

And there is alot more that makes this game better than the first...

Great story, some unfair puzzles.

Author: Lasse-21 (frostbox34@hotmail.com) from Denmark
10 June 2001

This game is still one of my favorites, even today. The great story, the nice graphics (comparing to other games from that period of time) and the perfect acting makes the winning combination that is Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh. See, even the title is cool!? The downside - if any at all - is the puzzles that are sometimes impossible to solve without a walkthrough. But I guess it's not unusual that a game like this has some hard puzzles. Having said that, I'll have to repeat my praise and add that you'll get some great scares. I almost had a heart attack... :) If you played the first Phantasmagoria - that in my opinion was much weaker - don't let it scare you away from this title, it's great!

Wild Monique Parent Tale of Flesh at the Office

Author: zaur-2 from Nelson, NC
17 November 2000

Cool game **may contain spoilers** What horror fan couldn't resist being place in the role of our hero an average Joe(or is he???), a creepy office, a hot girlfriend, a talking Rat, kinky office worker who's into S&M, creepy murders, ghouls, horrific childhood images, secret labs, mysterious experiments, and creatures from dimension X. Also, Monique Parent of late night ShowTime T&A fame plays a hot role, this is no game for the kiddies. The scene where are hero discusses what's going on with his rat and the rat says, "that's because you're a psycho killer" gets me every time.

Great game, not so good as part 1

Author: martijn van wonderen (mvw@hotmail.com) from Castricum, Netherlands
21 December 1998

A very freaky game, with beautiful graphics, I can not understand that the actor who played curtis, haven't played in more movies or tv-series. I think this is one of the best computer game stories i have ever seen in my live. The only thing I disliked was that there are so much locations. I had hoped that there was one great house so as in part one. Sorry my english isn't very good.

Great game w/ good acting and cool graphics

Author: Mike (LoSt BoY) from NY
7 August 2000

really good game. i love how its actually scary and believe me sooner or later you will jump out of shock the graphics are awesome the blood looks real as hell,the game is just great the only thing is it did crash a few times,and the story line is hard to follow until near the end then you'll understand more.but you might have to think the whole game over to get it all in overall a great game 9/10!

A showy but overall very good adventure game

Author: Marcelo E Mazzanti Castrillejo from Barcelona, Spain
16 August 1999

Much better than the original Phantasmagoria (though I see from other comments this may be highly debatable), for me it was like a coming of age of the -now defunct- series. It has some good acting, some puzzle-solving, some good graphics, etc., but, most important, it has a plot, a story that actually manages to interest by itself and not as something put there to glue the puzzles together. True, it becomes kind of messy in the end, and many things are there obviously only for shock effect, but, at least for me, it works. And very well.

Hilarious Bad and Kind of Amazing to Watch

Author: datemaru from Maryland, United States
8 March 2016

I haven't actually played the game, but I have watched a complete let's play done by Noah Antwiler which I strongly recommend.

Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh is everything that was awful about the FMV era of gaming, but also something you have to see to believe. It's plagued by the issue of old adventure games that it does not give you good (and in some cases any) direction as to what you should be doing or where you're suppose to go in many parts of the game, especially the beginning.

You play as Curtis Craig who works some office job at a pharmaceutical company. He has a girlfriend name Jocelyn, a gay friend named Trevor (who is the best character in the game), office enemy Bob, office whore Therese, hilariously generic evil boss PA Warner (this guy could be a Saturday morning cartoon villain), and Tom your supervisor who is kind of dull but okay.

You are just a normal boring guy with a pet rat and I will give the game credit for starting slow before going off the rails. I won't spoil it for you, but this is a game you would be better off watching Spoony's let play on YouTube than actually play the game since as a game its not well programmed. They did put a lot of work into the FMVs and it has charm as a B movie horror film. If you are interested I think gog.com (Good Old Games) has it for sale for like $5-6.

Best murder scene. *spoiler*

Author: Thomas Hutchison from Ottawa, Canada
24 June 2006

Brutal. I still get chills thinking of the murder scene. Scalpels through the palms into the wall, then lips stapled shut to stop the screaming, as you..

God.

Play this game with a buddy.

You play as the main character going about his day-to-day life, saying hi to his pet rat, going to the office and out for drinks, sanity slowly slipping away..

A good creepy game which kinda messes with your head. I also Recommend Shivers 2.

I wish they would turn these great adventure games into films.

Excellent!

Author: Andy Bellatti from Argentina
20 March 1999

I enjoyed the first part of the series, and this one was no different. The acting was superb, the direction was great, and the plot was extremely interesting. If this were a movie, it would certainly beat some of the other 'horror' movies out on the market. Apart from the horror aspect, there is also an interesting psychological thriller feel to it. Kudos to the cast and crew for making such a great game!

Better than the first, still not great

Author: paul51 from United States
26 April 2005

Full Motion Video games were a new wrinkle when the first Phantasmagoria came out, and were rapidly going the way of the passenger pigeon by the time this one was released. Sort of ironic.

This one featured smoother game play. I was glad they used more actual sets than filming entirely on bluescreen with minimal real objects (as they did in the first). Still, a lot of the locations (particularly the office and the science facility) seemed rather contrived.

The acting was far and away better than the first, though it was still not great by any means. The plot was not particularly good. Main character was fairly well developed, but the whole 'alien' aspect and all that wasn't adequately explained.

5.5 on a scale of 10.