IMDb > "Paul Temple" (1969) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Paul Temple" More at IMDbPro »

Best Television Show Ever!

Author: stevegold123 from Australia
31 December 2006

Paul Temple, in my opinion, is the most under-rated television show in history. I used to watch the show when it was first screened (in Australia) in the early 70's and I became a big fan of the show. I wish I could see this again if they ever release this fantastic show on DVD. I would be the first to buy it. Francis Matthews was perfect casting for the part of the lead character Paul Temple. Also, Ros Drinkwater was perfect as his assistant "Steve". The stories were always original and kept you interested and guessing until the very end. The acting from both the lead and supporting cast members was always top-notch. Let's just hope that the BBC releases these fantastic episodes very soon so that everyone might enjoy them as I have.

Classic British Television

Author: jsdesignhk from Hong Kong
4 April 2013

Paul Temple is a wonderful example of classic British television at its best. Today, it is an overlooked and rare bird. I watched all the series on RTV2 in Hong Kong, and was particularly pleased when Paul Temple and his wife Steve traded in their Hillman Imp for a Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow drophead couple by Mulliner Park Ward. So much more fitting for the character! Francis Matthews was perfectly cast in the lead role, and Ros Drinkwater was a natural for his wife, Steve. The plots, although not always surprising, were engaging, and the guest roles were filled by many top UK actors and actresses of the day. Ron Grainer's superlative theme song is absolutely perfect, and seemingly impossible to find in any recordings.