IMDb > "Charmed" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Charmed"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Charmed" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 34: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Great Fantasty Show! (This Contains Spoilers)

Author: delenn7 from North Vancouver BC Canada
6 August 2008

This is one of favourite shows! Too bad it's not still on but I own all of dvds! This show was about 4 sisters Prue (Shannen Doherty} Piper (Holly Marie Combs) Phoebe ( Alyssa Milano) and later half-sister Paige (Rose McGowan) who are witches who fight evil forces called the Charmed ones. Other characters include] Leo (Brian Krause} protector healer and lover of Piper, Andy (T.W. King} and Darryl (Dorian Gregory) who are cops and friends of the Charmed Ones, Chris (Drew Fuller) a mysterious character who appears later on the show from the future, Cole (Julian McMahon) a half-demon/half-human and Billie (Kaley Cuoco} a mysterious witch who appears in the last season. This show has humour, suspense, action, fanatsy, and romance! Watch it if you like fantasy and magic!

I love this show!

Author: Kashavera Williams (kashaverawilliams@msn.com) from United States
23 December 2007

I love this show. I own every season on DVD. I have to say that I really missed Prue. She actually was the reason why I have started watching this show. Then the hottie Leo grabbed my attention. I cannot believe that (Sam) has grown up to be so pretty. I hope to see her in more things. I really didn't know Holly (Piper) until I saw her in this Life Time movie and I love her in Charmed as well. I was also sad to see Darryl (Dorrian) leave the show and when he turned on the sisters that really bugged me. I also thought that Rose (Paige) was a good replacement and Piper has done a good job taking over as the oldest and powerful sister. I wish that Phobe would have had a more active power rather than to levitate. I liked when she was married to Cole (Julian) and was pregnant and was able to have the power of the source. Those are my favorite episodes. I am really going to miss this show and I am glad to be able to own every season. I wish that during the last show, Prue was able to come back. They brought back Older Chris and Wyatt then they also bought back Patty and Grams but not Prue. I was hoping they would do that for at least one season but since Shannon didn't get along with Alyssa I guess they couldn't. Well I hope all of you enjoy the reruns on Television. I will enjoy the shows on my DVD's. If you would like to send me a message, I believe my email is on this page so make sure you put Charmed or something like that and I will open the message.

Kashavera

My Insperation for : Shannon Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alysa Milano and Rose McGowan

Author: Ashleigh Shaw from Australia
16 September 2011

Shannon Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alysa Milano and Rose McGowan were my inspiration. I don't know what they were all my inspiration for but...

Mabey to build a better life like the sisters bond for each other, but they were, or rather 'are' my inspiration, my hero's or my goal in life...

I have even re created the book of shadows... I put most of the demon vanquishing posh ens and spells in there and almost all of the spells ... my favorite spell is

'The Truth Spell' :

For those who want the truth reveled, Opened hearts and secrets unsealed, From now until its now again, After witch the memory ends, Those who now are in this house, Will hear the truth from others mouths

Charmed isn´t THAT charmed anymore!

Author: Josabeli from Sweden
24 February 2003

I´ve followed this serie from the beginning, it was an unusual idea and the script was fascinating.

It is a shame though that Shannen Doherty (Prue) quit, I think that Shannen, Alyssa and Holly Marie matched each other very well, it was realistic that they played sisters. They were believable.

Now I think the serie is all about the couples, they do not focus on the individuals so much, the make-up and the clothes they wear is more important than a well written episode. Who hasn´t seen Alyssa Milanos pouty red lips and naked belly more than one time??

Amazing show with its ups and downs!

Author: DiabeticDude202 from Australia
26 August 2009

Charmed was a television show about three sisters who just happened to be witches, which was demonstrated throughout the first three seasons, but slowly began to deteriorate throughout the fourth season. Then it got into the magical/mythical creatures from fairy tales, before picking up on karma, Valkyries, and gremlins. Overall, the show is a great catch, and is fun to watch how the sisters deal with situation at hand. Once it gets into big, story plots, its even better, but the one-shot, stand alone episodes about random demon occurrences, the show fails to deliver. I advise everyone to check out the first 4 seasons of the show, but don't blame you if you feel like giving up halfway through the remaining four seasons.

The show has an amazing cast, but a lousy writer "Brad Kern". If you like a show with explosions, constant demon vanquishes, and unwanted fight scenes, then you'll probably enjoy seasons 5-8 better. But if you're looking for a show with passion, and a true bond between family that can't be broken by the forces of evil, than you'll definitely be a seasons 1-4 fan! 8/10 stars!

Charmed....

Author: Angelus2 from United Kingdom
8 June 2008

I was first attracted to this show simply because of Buffy and was looking for other shows with similar themes.

Charmed was different.It was a show that empowered women, being a guy I must admit I watched it because of the women. With this show there are great moments were you laugh out loud and the action scenes with kick ass moves from Alysa Milano.

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that they incorporated the whole 'dating'; dating is fine with a show that involves characters with supernatural powers but this show seemed to over do it. It seemed like everyday they had a new guy.

But I loved the whole bringing the son from the future.

During the first episode the Leo character was always a mystery and when the mysterious handy-man find the book of shadows....I was pretty excited.

The last episode was very touching and perfectly wrapped up the show.

I will always remember this show for making rainy Saturdays more fun.

(C)harmless

Author: Rick Blaine from London
31 July 2002

Innocuous hour-long waste-of-time TV series with deliberately elevated babe factor. Dialog is ok, acting too, but plotting is extremely weak, with special effects on the same level, and all fails if you don't buy the main premise - and why should you? It's easy to get bored with this one and start surfing for something more captivating - despite the obvious talent of the three main leads.

Charmed And How WonderFul It Was

Author: Blake Brown from United States
31 August 2008

Charmed Has Been My Favorite Show Of All Time. It Showed A Great Twist Of Action, Suspense, Romance, and Comedy Through It's Many Great Years On Air.

Although They All Started out looking PRETTY Rough, I Think That Their Hair Styles Out Of All Flared My Passion For The Show The Most, Don't Get Me Wrong Their Powers Were My Second Favorite(: Piper, Should Have Started Out The Series In 1998 With Her Long Hair. As You Can See Perfectly In Season Eight.

Phoebe, She Has Had The Most Different Hair Styles Out Of The Sisters, Which Happens To Be My Favorite.

I Personally Think That She Should Have Kept Her Hair Long On The Sides And Have Baby Bangs Like In The End Of Season 6.

Paige and Prue. Ehhh I Didn't Like Their Hair Styles Too Awful Much. LOL I'm Sorry.

But Who Needs To Look Like A Movie Star When Fighting Demons All The Time? The Answer Is Nobody LOL.

Pipers Powers In My Opinion Were My MOST FAVORITE! I Can Sometimes Find Myself Doing Her hand Motions When Shes About To Blow Someone Up, And Hoping one Day It Will Happen.

I Really Just Wish You Could See Their Powers Advance Very Much Quicker Than They Did. ): Like For Instance, If Piper Tried To Blow Up Someone, Instead Of Just A Little Whole In The Wall, Maybe make a whole the size of a cave :) Oh But Look at me, I'm just getting all caught Up in the moment.

Haha It's Good To Be Sixteen. Because You can Still Find Yourself Freezing The TV When You Want To pause It, It's What I Do A lot Since I have Tivo.

Love You All Thanks For Reading My Silly Comment.

(: Oh Yeah My Favorite Scenes Were When She Was Facing The Cleaners and she was like your trying to take my son away from me you son of a B**** It Makes Me Laugh.

And Then When Leo Walks In The Mud, and She Blows Him up and said " Like hell you are bringing those muddy shoes in my house"

and when she got really angry at Leo, in the house and she blew up the ENTIRE DOOR into Little Pieces.

I Love It When She Is Angry, Come On Make Another Season.

One of the best shows out there

Author: ricky_says_hi from Ireland
18 November 2007

I started watching "Charmed" last year and it is f****** cool. i got into it because i am a fan of Kaley Cuoco (Billie) from 8 Simple Rules. Here's a run through of the seasons: Season 1: its not too bad and has some very good episodes but Prue is such a bitch in it and i found the storyline with Andy really flat. When he finds out their secret, it gets better (the whole Rodriguez thing) and i started liking Prue after Out of Sight. The finale was great.

Season 2: now here is the lowest part of the show. It starts off with two very good episodes but after that, it just bombs. The majority of episodes are like something out of a soap opera with a tiny bit of magic thrown in. It picks up slightly with an episode like Pardon My Past but remains average until the finale when it ends fine.

Season 3: Now this is when you really like it. Julian McMahon enters this season as a half-demon-half-human sent to bring the sisters down by getting close to Phoebe but ends up falling in love with her. The early episodes of the season are suspenseful and good to watch but there is a small sag when Cole leaves briefly and we focus on Piper and Leo. After their wedding, the episodes aren't that special until Exit Strategy and the finale is one of the best episodes on the show.

Season 4: Easily the best. Prue is now dead and they have a new sister - Paige (Rose McGowan). She is a colourful, fun person who really likes the craft. The first bit of the season focuses on training her and Phoebe and Cole's dangerous relationship. Charmed and Dangerous is the best episode of the show and the episodes after that get very dark. the finale is OK Season 5: This contrasts to S4 as it gets a lot lighter with more fun and entertaining episodes. Phoebe turns into a real bitch and she gets fried in an episode and completely deserves it. Piper is pregnant and is invincible. The show retains the gender balance when she has a boy instead of a girl like everyone thought. The finale is alright.

Season 6: Even lighter than 5, season 6 has the girls with a new white-lighter as Leo is now an elder. The new guy Chris is up to something which turns into him being Piper and Leo's second unborn son from the future. Season 6 is the girliest of the seasons and not really as entertaining as it could have been.

Season 7: The show got darker and Leo gets cooler when he gets this mega power boost from the Avatars who want to remake the world into a Utopia. This has a lot of suspense and gets away from the demon-of-the-week story lines of the last 2 seasons. The second half is kinda lifeless though. Good finale.

Season 8: This is a bit of a step up. Billie is the new wiz-kid in the house and soon becomes a part of the main storyline as we find out her sister was kidnapped by demons. Piper is very whiny during the season and it gets a bit girly when Leo leaves temporarily but it finishes off good and has a happy ending.

Cheesy and over rated

Author: Edward Harris (nobles-4) from United States
22 June 2006

I've been watching Charmed for a while now. At first, I thought the show was decent. Not brilliant, not the greatest show ever, and not even great. Just decent. The stories were rather well written, and the acting wasn't bad. Of course, I was also younger when I started watching, and my tastes have developed a good deal since then. In looking at the more recent seasons, and looking back at some of the worst parts of the older ones, I have come to this conclusion: Charmed is a rather bad show. The main reasons, I think, are:

1) The over abundance of campyness. Now, this was not as much of a problem in the earlier seasons. Back then, the episodes were rather grounded and serious. However, as time went on, the plots degraded more and more into campyness. Plots began centering around leprechauns and other such silly aspects of mythology. And they didn't even try to handle them in an interesting or original way. The leprechauns were simply short men with lucky gold. Story lines included characters' breasts enlarging several sizes or the characters turning into super heroes. All in all, things got increasingly silly, and not in any way that was funny.

2) The villains. They were the worst part of the series. All of the villains were one dimensional. They all had the same personalities. They never had any real motivation. They simply prattled on about how evil they were, laughed manically for a while, and then tried to kill people for no real reason besides the fact that they felt like it. They never gave a motivation for the characters. They never really explained why they were the way they were. They simply said "they're evil." Which brings me to another, related point. The villains openly admitted that they were evil. They gave that as their reasons for doing what they were doing. All they wanted to do was "spread evil." I heard such lines as "I'd never work with someone who was good." This, to me at least, seems like very simplistic writing. As Willem DaFoe said, everyone thinks they're righteous. No one does things because they're evil. Everyone has some sort of motivation. Even if they're so crazy that it only makes sense to them.

3) The mythology. The use of mythology in the show was just clichéd and boring. They made no attempts to put a new spin on the mythologies they were using. No attempt to make it into something at least somewhat original. Every mythological figure was a stereotype of the culture he or she originated from. Asian mythological figures all new martial arts and spoke with "zen" wisdom. Leprichauns, as I said earlier, were simply as every leprechaun has ever been portrayed. They never once tried to adapt the mythologies into something new or interesting.

4) Bad continuity. Things would happen, and never be referenced at all again when it was needed. One question that crossed my mind a few times was that, if witches can simply make something happen by speaking a rhyme, why don't they do it more often? Why go through all the trouble of hand to hand combat and psychic powers if you can kill people with bad poetry? On another, related note, there was an episode where they introduced "The Cleaners." Beings who rewrite reality so magic isn't exposed to humans (although I never understood why everyone was so afraid that humans would find out. I mean, it's not like we could hurt demons very effectively). And yet, there was a later episode where the Witches were exposed, and the cleaners were not mentioned once. Also, there was an early episode that said "blinking" (a form of teleportation) was a power a Warlock stole from a witch. And yet, in all later episodes, it said that blinking was a power inherent in all Warlocks.

All in all, the show kind of sucks. I think. But hey, if someone else likes it, that's their porogative.