IMDb > "Charmed" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Charmed"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Charmed" More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 34: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

a must for witchs

Author: ashleybox64 from england
4 November 2003

**spoiler warning**

charmed is simply a tv series about 3 sister witches fighting evil on a daily bases - but after suffering a loss of a sister witch charmed has been on a down fall in season 4 - but got more interesting a funny in season 5. best episode is "something wicca this way comes" and "deja vu all over again" worst episode "enter the demon" funny's "cat house" - same shannen was not in it - she was but her face was cut out. best tv series to come out o f 1998.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo Addictive

Author: kastensmidt
26 October 2003

There is so many conflicts and problems going on in charmed right now, if you haven't seen it, I would highly suggest watching it. You sit on your couch and turn on the TV, as soon as it comes on you feel suspense, and ask sooooo many questions. You become so interested in the show, and you want to watch it every Sunday @ 7:00, just like I have been doing for the past 2 years. Watch it, and you will develop your own since of loving the show, just as much as I do. Charmed airs every Sunday @ 7:00 p.m. on wb 39.

Lucky Charmed

Author: fatedrummer from Nashville TN
14 October 2003

The show has been on the air for 5 seasons, & just started it's 6th. I however JUST started watching "Charmed", THIS season.

I've been missing out on a great show. Luckily for me, I can see all kinds of re-runs in the afternoons & mornings. & they're all new to me. :o)

If you enjoy the fantasy of having magical powers, this show is right up your alley!!

awesome!!!!!!!

Author: Barbara (btalep@yahoo.com) from Wichita, Kansas
23 September 2003

This is the best show ever. If you want to escape from the normal "reality" life then here you have the greatest show. The best thing they are girls, and they are butt-kicking chiks. Charmed = one word AWESOME!!!!!!

A great one hour escape from Reality

Author: Kimberly from Chicagoland
22 September 2003

Charmed is a "charming" series about a trio of sisters with supernatural powers, charged with mission of fighting evil and saving innocents.

Now in it's 6th season, this show is a great example of a supernatural, fantasy theme set in modern times. The main characters are modern American women, dealing with your typical everyday problems on top of their secret, less mundane problems with demons and other evil creatures. The show generally avoids the dark, heavy drama of some other fantasy-based shows and often comes back to the themes of family sticking together and good winning out over evil.

I highly recommend this show for anyone who just wants to sit back and forget about their own problems and pretend, for just an hour, that there really is some magic in the world.

My favorite show is slipping once again

Author: Paul from Portland, Oregon
31 August 2003

I adore shows that mix modern life with witchcraft and folklore. I have understood and enjoyed most of the episodes over the years. I have come to tolerate the continual display of the peaks of Mount Saint Milano. American TV is all about the T&A and the explosions. Something attractive for big business to spend the advertising dollar on. At least this show spares us the car chases.

I have two gripes. One is the jarring choppy way the writers transition from one story arc to another. Characters should not receive personality transplants albeit temporarily just so the storyline can switch gears.

All of the men are portrayed either as sex toys, weaklings or demons to be vanquished. The two men who are current regulars are Leo and Daryl. Leo has come to be soft weakling and Daryl's seemingly only purpose is to clean up after the sisters.

They beat the Cole thing to DEATH. At the end of which Phoebe hates him more than she had once loved him. The father waivers back and forth between con-man and legit business man depending on needs of the story. Dan had to go because he was in the way of Leo so Piper cast a spell for him to forget and move on like it was all meaningless. Now it is Leo's time to go.

I do understand that Leo & Piper's marriage has to end. Piper needs to be freed up for better things and Leo needs to butch up to continue to evolve as a viable character. HOWEVER I cannot understand how a marriage that took several seasons to build can be undone in ONE episode! Very SLOPPY!

Why can't they give Daryl something to real to do? Put him and his mortal senses in the magic mix. Maybe even give him a power for a show or two. The possibilities are endless.

But then again they might vanquish him when they were finished with him.

Charmed on DVD

Author: 'Cole from cali
11 August 2003

'CHARMED' NEEDS TO BE PUT ON DVD!! IT'S BEEN ALMOST 6 YEARS ON AIR AND NO DVD YET!!

But enough ranting. Charmed is a good show even though they use the sappy one-liners, and bottom of the barrel demon-punishments. My fave characters are Phoebe and Piper. Cole i think is a hottie. but anyway, i really didn't like Prue when she was alive but now that she's dead (thank god) i appreciate her being dead even more. because now the show doesn't revolve around her being number one and the almighty powerful Prue.

Charmed isn't a bad show.

Author: (Dexter35)
3 August 2003

So maybe it has been stretched at times but that's how it's going to be at times. Now if you wan't something more realistic go watch some of those reality shows that come on all of the time. every show you watch cannot be realistic or believable. sometimes it just is better to watch something that couldn't be real so you don't get bored. Think about it if you want to complain about charmed being stupid and unbelievable. why would you waste your time if you don't like the show. lose the attitude and get out of here. not everybody wants to see something that they could see in a hospital or a family or police station.

Lost it's Charm

Author: rorygunn
16 July 2003

Once again Shannen Doherty a good actress was fired from a good show and once they tried to replace her and failed miserably.I like Rose McGowan but since she's come on this show she's lost her edge which might would've helped.Instead she's become all giggly now.That was the first mistake.Mistake two-Focusing everything on Phoebe.Yeah Alyssa's hot but you can only go so far on that and after awhile the tattoos get on your nerves.I've never seen the original pilot but what was wrong with Lori Rom that they had to replace her?I guess they didn't envision her on the cover of Maxim & Stuff even though she probably could've done a good job in the role.Apparently she left for personal reasons.Okay.I don't deal in rumors but you don't have to be friends off the set to do a good show.But apparently the producers thought so and so they chucked Shannen a strong actress in favor of a weaker but hotter one who was getting all the covers instead of sticking to the ensemble setting that it was supposed to be..Now all the strength is gone and poor Holly Marie Combs is stuck because she signed the contract to continue playing second fiddle in the Phoebe show.This is why Cole left.Because the show was getting too soap opera like and that's not what he or Shannen signed on for.Neither did I.I watched this show from the beginning and loved it.But then through half of season 4 it lost it's charm.

Entertaining, as long as you don't expect it to be too serious!

Author: BunnyPhobic from London, England
30 June 2003

Fantasy and Sci Fi shows have to be my favourite. I started watching Charmed one boring monday night when I was babysitting and not much else was on. I have to say, I really enjoyed it.

To begin with. Don't get me wrong, but it caters mostly for kids. I only started watching it at the start of Series 5 but I have seen many older episodes on reruns and I think it has gone down hill.

It was far better when Shannen Doherty was in it. I loathe shows that introduce another sibling/random other family member without any real explaination. This is nothing against Rose McGowen, I think she's great! (She used to go out with Marilyn Manson, don't you know!) But they should have quit while they were ahead.

So, despite the introduction of this new sister who I don't much like and 'demons' who look human (I like special effects! Buffy style!!!) it's pretty OK if you're not expecting it to be serious.

The acting is great though. I especially think Holly Marie Combs (Piper) does a great job! She has a huge range and can make me laugh out loud with Piper's brilliant one liners and cry with emotion.

All in all, it's good. But Shannen's departure has seriously harmed it. 6/10