IMDb > "Kamen Rider Black" (1987) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Kamen Rider Black" More at IMDbPro »"Kamen Raidâ Burakku" (original title)

Author: anonymous from Ohio
28 December 1998

This tv show is simply amazing. I've always been a huge fan of the Kamen Rider series, but "Kamen Rider Black" is by far the greatest Kamen Rider series to date. All Kamen Rider fans say it's one of the best, but many say it is the best. Tetsuo Kurata makes his acting debut as Kotaro Minami, aka Kamen Rider Black. Kurata-san makes a wonderful debut, you would have thought he's been acting his whole life. He was only 17 when KR Black first started. The plot, and the action is almost flawless. And the special effects are ahead of it's time. Only one complaint, the previous Kamen Riders don't even make a guest appearance in Black, but they do appear at the end of the next series, Black RX, for a handful of episodes.

Simply the Best, and the DVD sets Just Came Out, GO GET THEM!!!

Author: Jason from New York
5 August 2003

I was only 8 years old when 'Kamen Rider Black' first came out, and I've been a huge fan ever since. I just bought the DVD sets a few weeks back, and man, they are good, even after all these years. Just about everything in the 'Kamen Rider Black' are great, it's a classic to me. All Kamen Rider Black fans should get the dvd sets right away. I also bought the Kamen Rider Black RX series, and I have to say that I don't like it as much as the original, it's just not as good.

Really good!

Author: kikujiro1988 from usa
10 November 2004

I had seen a few episodes of different kamen rider shows my uncle brought back from japan. I loved kamen rider since i was a kid. When I saw the DVD set I had to get them. I was really glad I did. The Kamen Rider Black series is amazing. The story is really good. The monsters are cool. The special effects are.. funny sometimes. What I really love about this show is that it doesn't seem like a kids show. People actually die and it doesn't always have a happy ending..

The acting in this show is also pretty good. Not amazing but good. I love the antagonists in this show. The gorgom cult.

Overall this was a really good show. I haven't seen much of the other kamen riders so I cant compare it but I'm about to see the v3 shows soon.

Author: MXYZ...
3 July 1999

If you like kamen rider series, don't begin with this one! After this serie, the other "old" riders seem "very old". The story is a little bit tragic (like all the kamen rider series ^_^). Sorry, but the ending is not very happy. Good story, good fights, cool effect (in 1987), and I like the ending theme, "Long Long Ago, 20th Century". Kotaro Minami is the only Kamen Rider that comes in two different series, Black and Black RX. Be careful with the Black Masked Rider (USA), has a weird story, a cheap copy from Black RX (I think Power Ranger is a better copy of japan sentai than this BMR.)